Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

I'm also fully invested in this thread for absolutely no reason (no upcoming or recent trip to Aulani). Go team!

OK - so you know how people pass on pool/beach gear, leftover food items, and so on when they leave? Sounds like it's time for a thermometer and ledger to get passed from one Dis-er to the next. 😂
Someone in an Aulani FB group tried this, but it fizzled out trying to get enough people where dates overlap.

Me in the shrinks office:
“ I have this reoccurring dream I am at the Aulani and the pool is cold they keep telling me they are heating it up it starts to feel warm and then I wake up in a cold sweat because I just read on DisBoards it’s cold again”

Well, we’re here…watching the sunset and listening to the live music from the Olelo Room drifting up to our room, which overlooks the pool area and the beach. Everything looks beautiful and well maintained.

Re the infamous lazy river, an additional thought. The weather here has been a little warmer than usual for Feb, in the low eighties. So, I’m thinking that even if they haven’t fixed anything, the temperature of the lazy river would probably be inching higher anyway.

I asked at the front desk when we were checking in if the river was still cold (how’s that for an early start?), and the woman told me things were fixed, but she didn’t seem either knowledgeable or convincing. She also mentioned that they’re going to refurbish the other volcano slide when they finish the one they’re working on now in a few days. No big deal. I also asked about American Idol, and she mentioned that she didn’t even know it was going to be filmed here in the next week or two until a guest told her. Great internal communication! 😁

Anyway, the store is now stocked up with many a magic band+. Not sure if there are any interaction opportunities.

Will hit the beach and lazy river tomorrow! Fingers crossed it won’t be cold!

This seems suspect. If they can get it that warm that quickly after guest complaints, it's very likely they are just turning the heat off themselves and then back on when it gets too cold.
If they were going to just turn it back on and heat it that much, then there goes the theory that they just turned it off "to save money". It makes much more sense that it was broken, they were waiting on a part, and now it's fixed and heating back up again. People have been complaining for several weeks.

a brief refresher of everything DIS has stripped from AUL in the name of cost-cutting:

- lei greeting
- fruit water
- adult pool
- heated pools
- buffet
- AMA AMA breakfast
- working firepit
- restricted hours at Aunties
- restricted numbers at Aunties

did I miss anything?
I really like the paper bookmark in the room but that was gone last time. I was hoping to replace my old one. :) I don't think the flower hair clips came back either.

I really like the paper bookmark in the room but that was gone last time. I was hoping to replace my old one. :) I don't think the flower hair clips came back either.
I never got housekeeping service so cannot confirm, but I did see a housekeeping cart in the hallway with the flower clips on it.

If they were going to just turn it back on and heat it that much, then there goes the theory that they just turned it off "to save money". It makes much more sense that it was broken, they were waiting on a part, and now it's fixed and heating back up again. People have been complaining for several weeks.
I thought it started last year? Am I wrong?

I thought it started last year? Am I wrong?
I think that it was since November at the earliest. So technically, last year. It has been at least 2-3 months that people have been complaining about it. I don't like that Disney is less than transparent. They seem to have the mentality that if they tell the truth, that it will cause more issues. I think that in this day and age, no matter what they do, people will come up with some conspiracy theory. If they said that it was broken from the beginning and they were ordering a part, 2 weeks later all of the "how long does it take to get a part" people would be out in full force. No manager wants to hear constant complaints and so common sense would dictate that there truly was an issue and that it just took this long to get fixed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter