Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

LOL, the heater is totally working and pool will be warm in a few days. They can keep using that one!

Overnight, sure. A few days? That doesn't even make sense. Gotta give it to the mouse for creativity.
Disagree with you here. The Aulani pools could have their own zip code. I think a few days to warm up isn’t unreasonable. That said, since I’ll be there next week, if they’re still cold it’ll be interesting to hear what excuse they give me!

On a side note, one of the Aulani DVC guides told a member of these boards that the resort is about 80% sold. Of course, who knows if it’s true, but even if it’s somewhat exaggerated, direct sales could very well wrap up in a few years.

Disagree with you here. The Aulani pools could have their own zip code. I think a few days to warm up isn’t unreasonable. That said, since I’ll be there next week, if they’re still cold it’ll be interesting to hear what excuse they give me!

On a side note, one of the Aulani DVC guides told a member of these boards that the resort is about 80% sold. Of course, who knows if it’s true, but even if it’s somewhat exaggerated, direct sales could very well wrap up in a few years.
A different answer a different hour…I can’t wait to see what the pools are doing next week.

I've never had them hold a pen to sign a contract, which may be tough, but I think they'll be cool with it. If I get any feedback from them, I'll let you know for sure.

I should mention I'm from MA so I should be used to cold water but I'm a total wuss. 80+ is my comfort zone. I frequently think the Aulani lazy river where I spend a majority of my resort time is too cold, especially the water fall.

Boots on the ground report: We have been here since Monday and the temperature of both the lazy river and the pools has been just perfect. Based on the previous reports on this thread, I can only assume that the manager was telling the truth when saying that they fixed the issues as of this weekend.

Boots on the ground report: We have been here since Monday and the temperature of both the lazy river and the pools has been just perfect. Based on the previous reports on this thread, I can only assume that the manager was telling the truth when saying that they fixed the issues as of this weekend.
Great news! We’ll be there on Wednesday! Hopefully nothing will have broken by then. :)

It is good to hear it may be fixed... but it sucks how much disney lied about it and tried to hide it. And it seems like they were not going to do anything about it, until people started calling them out on it and actually measuring the temps.
I pay alot of dues... I want it for warm pools.

It is good to hear it may be fixed... but it sucks how much disney lied about it and tried to hide it. And it seems like they were not going to do anything about it, until people started calling them out on it and actually measuring the temps.
Yeah!

💪

Home now since Wednesday and the more I think about my conversation with the manager the more it ticks me off. First off total cover up on Aulani’s part. I don’t think they purposely turned the heat off but I feel they were in no rush to get it fixed and the cover up comes from the fact the manager told me when I brought up transparency to DVC members and cash paying guest something along the lines “is they didn’t want to cause alarm” which means Aulani didn’t want a customer service nightmare. Secondly in hindsight the manager was very arrogant he knew exactly who I was from the lead I spoke with earlier in the trip and how arrogant he came across when he told me it was fixed like I didn’t have anything on them and should just go away.

On another note the second class citizen treatment of being a resale member is getting worse by Aulani. Now don’t get me wrong I have the last laugh because Disney didn’t sucker an extra $20k out of me but they make you feel like you’re a total loser for not doing it. Just wanted to tell my fellow resale peasants to expect the treatment is getting worse.

Okay someone talk me off the Aulani ledge now.

Didn't get a chance to check the temp today (our arrival day), but we went into the lazy river a little after 5pm and it was cold; even one of the lifeguards mentioned it was cold. Now, the front desk did notify us that the lazy river was closed when we arrived (around 2pm) for maintenance, as a pump was being replaced, so perhaps that had something to do with it? I'll be checking temps throughout the week and hopefully it improves.

The main pool was warmer, fwiw.

On another note the second class citizen treatment of being a resale member is getting worse by Aulani. Now don’t get me wrong I have the last laugh because Disney didn’t sucker an extra $20k out of me but they make you feel like you’re a total loser for not doing it. Just wanted to tell my fellow resale peasants to expect the treatment is getting
Can you expand on this? As a resale member planning a trip, I’d like to know what to expect and in what ways this occurred. (Sorry to stir the pot….)

Can you expand on this? As a resale member planning a trip, I’d like to know what to expect and in what ways this occurred. (Sorry to stir the pot….)
Me too, we are resale members and arrive in 10 days. I don’t expect the blue card perks but I also don’t want to be treated like we are rubbish.

Oy, everyone who buys resale (myself included) understands what that means. We don't get current perks and will continue to be separated from direct buyers. More for them, less for us.

This street is one way only. It's good business and this is a public company after all

Come to grips with that now or prepare for years of frustration

Oy, everyone who buys resale (myself included) understands what that means. We don't get current perks and will continue to be separated from direct buyers. More for them, less for us.

This street is one way only. It's good business and this is a public company after all

Come to grips with that now or prepare for years of frustration
It’s truly not even about the perks it’s about the general vibe towards us. For example they have this DVC member starlight celebration which I had no interest in going to in the first place but my children wanted to go (the poster says nothing about no resale members). So I went to sign up. Blue card holders only WHICH is completely fine it is how the CM came across towards us. It is the general attitude as if we aren’t fully worthy enough to even be there. I could care less about all the perks. I’ll pay the $3 for a popcorn bucket refill and the sparkly pool bands suck anyways because they wear off. But don’t treat me with less “magic” because I made a financial decision that was right for my family and in the long run profits the mouse more because I will buy more points resale thus having me consume more of their product in the long run. Perks are not my issue. Attitudes are what I have beef with.

Granted I have never been to another DVC resort so I don’t know what the feeling is there but I assume this is an Aulani only vibe since all you have is the one resort. Maybe the same can be said about HH and VB?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter