Beware of Very Cold Lazy River

The lazy river water is cold but not as cold as the water in the kids water playground area 😂. It would help if/when the sun comes out but at 1015am (12/30), it’s manageable, especially for Hawaii’s standards. The pool is much warmer of course.

We never stay in the winter because it is generally too cold for Aulani although lazy river was quite cold back in Oct. Ocean is a nice diversion for now. Feb is coldest 🥶 fyi!
Moms birthday is in February, so guess what month we’ve visited every year since leaving the islands? Oh well - when we do go for multiple trips in a year, we get to go during a different month, and Feb in Hawai’i is always better than Feb in Washington! 😀

Can confirm, the lazy river is just as cold as the lagoon (when you go under). But when you in the sun, it’ll warm you up!

I walked by yesterday morning (weekly all lagoon walk) and it was nice and warm out! Tonight, not so much. 🥶

I do think over the years the foliage has grown more and more so that there are even longer and shadier parts on the lazy river.
Agreed! This is our 4th staycation here in a year and I do remember it being “somewhat” warmer but yeah, when you head into the hotel area of the lazy river it’s just cooler with the trees, brush, shade provided by the hotel but even by the slide entry area, you feel that coldness on that first step. At least it’s clean! Instead of the typical 4 lap lazy river run with the Ohana during the summer, it was cut down to 2 and then a walk to the shave ice line 🤷🏼‍♂️ for a cold treat??!!!

Moms birthday is in February, so guess what month we’ve visited every year since leaving the islands? Oh well - when we do go for multiple trips in a year, we get to go during a different month, and Feb in Hawai’i is always better than Feb in Washington! 😀
Any month in Hawaii is better than any month on the mainland…. at least I heard. But being a local, of course we’d like to be on the mainland and just travel everywhere at our leisure. Congratulations to your mom!

I walked by yesterday morning (weekly all lagoon walk) and it was nice and warm out! Tonight, not so much. 🥶

I do think over the years the foliage has grown more and more so that there are even longer and shadier parts on the lazy river.
I’m not sure foliage is the issue. If the actual reason is improper maintenance and/or a failure to either fix or replace broken equipment, management should do something about it.

I’m not sure foliage is the issue. If the actual reason is improper maintenance and/or a failure to either fix or replace broken equipment, management should do something about it.
I don’t think that’s the case.

Just fix the boilers. Why do they let these things fester. Yikes.

Somewhat of an aside - do we know the management structure at Aulani? Like the names of the GM etc? I think it may be useful to mention them by name when conveying issues at Aulani to member services, online reviews and forums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter