Better Wishes viewing Ohana or Narcoossee?

geishagirl81

Mouseketeer
We have been to Ohana's a couple of times. However, we have never stuck around for Wishes (our kids were very young at the time). This trip they are older and don't have meltdowns after 730pm, so we want to book dinner for a Wishes viewing.

We plan on eating at both Ohana and Narcoossee (ADR Gods willing) so it's not a matter of which has better food or the 1 ts vs 2ts, but which has better Wishes viewing for the later dinner reservation.

opinions? THANKS in advance!

Book 'Ohana for about 1.5 hours before Wishes. Then watch Wishes from the beach at the Polynesian. They pipe the music onto the beach and it's a fairly straight-on shot to the castle from there so you get a great view, just a lot smaller since you're much farther away. Plus, it's a great beach and you'll probably get to see the Electric Water Parade as well.

We've done both and i would go with Narcoossee's for the best view. At O'hana, unless you get lucky with a MK view, you would have to plan your meal around Wishes and get to the beach for a prime spot. While, I've seen many people get up from their tables and walk over to the windows, I can tell you anyone who is already sitting by those windows won't appreciate having folks in "their" space (and yes, it happened to us one year, and we were completely annoyed when an entire family tried to squeeze in between our chairs to get to the windows while we were trying to finish our dinner :rolleyes:). We found watching Wishes from Narcoossee's to be a much more pleasant experience. We were there for an anniversary meal with our daughters and our server recommended we go to the outside deck and watch the fireworks, which we did, and then returned to our table to finish a great meal. This is just my honest opinion.

We love 'Ohana but have rarely been seated anywhere where we could have viewed the fireworks. It's a large restaurant with a small % of tables where you could see anything. Narcoosee's, on the other hand, has lots of windows and should give you a better view.

Or, like a PP suggested, have dinner earlier then go to the beach at the Poly or the marina at the GF and watch the fireworks from there.

You have to be lucky to get a good view from your table at either restaurant. At 'Ohana, the percentage of tables with the view is pretty small so we choose the beach option there. Narcoossee's has an outdoor viewing area and you are welcome to step outside to watch Wishes. The people doing that block the view of many patrons who remain at their tables. I would plan to step outside and ask your server to pace the meal to account for that.

If seeing Wishes, while eating, is your goal, then I would also go to Narcoossee's. As the PPs mentioned, there is a veranda from which you can watch the show. The servers at Narcossee's expect folks to head out to the vernada to watch Wishes (and the Electric Water Pageant). While there are a lot of windows, unless it's really cold out, your view will most likely be blocked by folks out on the veranda. They pipe in the music to the veranda.

This is the view from the Narcoossee's veranda:
DSC_0374_1.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter