better to stay on site at Thanksgiving?

lisajl

DIS Veteran
Hi,

My DH and I have been throwing around the thought of a trip to WDW at Thanksgiving time.
Yes, I know it will be busy. I love to go in December, so I know busy.

I have been looking on this board at all the hotels and good deals you can get outside the park.

Would it be better to stay onsite due to the holiday? I don't want to be turned away because it is busy.
Also, what would be a good place to stay. There are 5 of us.
Lisa

I don't think it gets busy to where they close the parks. That happens the week of Christmas & sometimes Easter & July 4th. I really haven't heard of it happening on Thanksgiving. It would be better for you to stay onsite to take advantage of the early entry (I would skip the extended hours....too crowded). If onsite, when the parks get too crowded, you can hop back to the resort for a rest & then go back later in the evening. If you decide to stay offsite, get to the parks just as they open & you will not be turned away in the event they were to have to close them.

when you stay on property you go to WDW.

when you stay off-site you discover you don't need to go to a park every day. You can relax more.

find a place that has lots to do for your kids. some resorts like Orange Lake says you can stay with them and not even miss the parks.

we stayed at the Sheraton VIstana for Thanksgiving last year. Loved it. a very nice resort - only went to WDW a couple of days.

Only the MK had big crowds. Epcot, Studios and even AK - were not that bad. Believe me I was expecting more people. It is more like the summer than a spring break.

the least crowded (for me anyway) was THANKGIVING.

Thankgiving, Summer, Spring Break (some spring breaks are really busy others are not - Feb 12 to April 12), Easter and the week before, and finally Christmas to NY - are the busiest seasons at WDW in that order.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter