• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PRICES UP !!! °o° °o° 9/28/09 Booking Information Thread for 2011 Cruises °o° °o°

Thank you for the information that the on-line rebooking option was now working. I was on hold for 1 1/4 hours, tried transferring my reservation on-line and I was able to get what I wanted within 10 minutes. :thumbsup2

July 19, 2011 Alaska Cat 5b
2A2C (16 & 13)
Total $7822.52 (includes 10%discount, no transfers or insurance)

$2237.00 Adults
$1383.00 Children
$382.52 Taxes

I had to pay an additional $1400 deposit. We never had the 50% of deposit

You are on the same cruise as us...welcome aboard! Glad that you finally got it worked out. I was on hold for 1 hour and 24 minutes and never was able to get through online. Glad to be done...I think I need a nap!

Try this # . . . 888-272-0232. You'll need a Castaway Club #. Good luck!

That's the # I got through on in 20 min at 10Am. Thank you, Thank you, thank you!!!!

Try that one. My other lines were on hold 60 and 90 min when I hung them up

I'm going to put that one in my list of important numbers for the future

I am really disapointed reading these posts as I have no new ressie on cclub, I guess this means Dreams Unl has not booked for us yet:confused:

Ok, so for us:

I first have on hold July 26- 2 Cat 11 rooms for $6094 ( that is without insu. or trans.) each room with 1 adult and 1 child but you know that I am really paying for 2 adults.LOL

So then I tired just a 2 weeks later Aug 9th and could get the same 2 Cat 11 rooms total of $4738 :banana::banana: same booking as I said above with 1 adult and 1 child.

Is it just cheaper being the one week out and being in Aug.? or did the rates go up in July??? I did this about an hour ago. ( 9:30am central time)

What do you all think???

Ok, so for us:

I first have on hold July 26- 2 Cat 11 rooms for $6094 ( that is without insu. or trans.) each room with 1 adult and 1 child but you know that I am really paying for 2 adults.LOL

So then I tired just a week later Aug 9th and could get the same 2 Cat 11 rooms total of $4738 :banana::banana: same booking as I said above with 1 adult and 1 child.

Is it just cheaper being the one week out and being in Aug.? or did the rates go up in July??? I did this about an hour ago. ( 9:30am central time)

What do you all think???

August rates have been cheaper...probably because kids head back to school.

August rates have been cheaper...probably because kids head back to school.

August is cheaper because it gets colder and rainier the farther you get into the month. May is cold, June is dry (but buggy!) as is July. With Alaska, I doubt school schedules have anything to do with the pricing. If you look at other cruise lines, you can see what the various "seasons" are in Alaska.

Yep, that is what I am wondering but lucky for us mine don't go back until the last week of Aug.:)

If this cruise wasn't going to be for my DH's and my 10th wedding anniversary occuring during a July sailing, we would have most certainly waited till August and saved the money because kids in Minnesota don't go back to school till September.

Forgot to say this is for the Panama Canal cruise on Feb. 6, 2011 Catergory 5B (cabin 6096), 2 adults, 1 child (age 17), $10,144.59 (assuming no insurance or transfers because we didn't have them on the cruise we transferred) confirmed at 10:18 a.m. CST
Tenya Tallon

Here are some prices from this morning starting aroung 7:40am:

PC repo cruise 1/6/11, 09C, 2A/2K 4&6, $8856.81 (2669, 1399), no trans/ins

7-nt Western 04/16/11 (easter week), 09C, 2A/2K 4&7, $5524.85 (1549, 1059), no trans/ins

10-nt Mexican Riviera 04/17/11 (week before and after easter), 09C, 2A/2K 4&7, $4945.80 (1689, 679), no trans/ins

7-nt Alaska, 08/09/11, 09C, 2A/2K 4&7, $5198.52 (1449, 959), no trans/ins

10-nt Med, 08/10/11, 09C, 2A/2K 4&7, $7926.64 (2589, 1249), no trans/ins

14-nt WB Transatlantic, 09/10/11, 09C, 2A/2K 4&7, $4795.73 (1569, 699), no trans/ins

7-nt Eastern St. Maarten, 11/19/11 (Thanksgiving), 09C, 2A/2K 4&7, $5066.97 (1549, 859)

:banana: WHEW!! I got it now! I SEE IT, I SEE IT!!!! :woohoo: :cool1: :worship:

August 10 Med - 10 nights

Cat 10A - SPH # 5020 (which is weird 'cuz that was one that I DID NOT SEE as available when I was looking!):confused3 But YAY!

2 A, 1 C (14) ($4,678 + $1,249 = $5,927) BEFORE 10% OB discount
No ins or xfers; tax $187.98
Total after 10% = $5,522.28

:yay::cool1: Thank you DU!!!

WTG Annie!!! So glad you got what you wanted. :cool1:

I am really disapointed reading these posts as I have no new ressie on cclub, I guess this means Dreams Unl has not booked for us yet:confused:

I just spoke with your agent and yours was one of the first ones she did this morning. There was an issue with your Castaway Club number 'sticking' on Disney Cruise Line's website so she has to call in to get it added to your booking.

She is still booking cruises for other clients so you may not have your official quote from her until later this afternoon.

I understand that everyone is anxious to see their quote and I appreciate your patience as we work hard to ensure all our clients ge their quotes in as timely a manner as possible.

Thanks
John

whew!!! my TA was able to get through on phone finally - we are booked for the pc cruise 2A1K room #2142, $7273 (category 9C) - yahoo...can't believe how excited i am to give the mouse more of our $$$

this is our first cruise but we really wanted to do our disney bookends at WDW/DLR - our son will be 4 so really looking forward to the kids clubs too!!!

thanks to all of the tips i received by lurking here on the dis!!!! you are all so helpful and generous with your disney knowledge!!! see you onboard!!!

I just got an e-mail from my DU TA with the information about the booking she did for us. So people who are waiting for the sticker shock, be waiting :goodvibes

Lynne

My sister still has nothing either and she put in a DU request!

From what was announced on the podcast, all DU agents are working today on all the requests one after another. All the quotes are going to be sent out at one time later this evening, this way the agents can just keep working.

I appreciate all they are doing today and think this is a wonderful way to do it. I cant imagine how crazy it must be for them.

So if you don't have your quote yet it doesn't mean its not done.

I'm confused (not unusual ;)) -- our invoice from last week shows a total of $687 in port fees. Does your quote above include the port fees in the individual fares? If so, then you not only did good -- you did excellent. Your quote for the 7/9 compared to mine for the 7/30 is actually LESS for the same category by about $110!

However, in comparing online with my ressie I notice that the fees and taxes is showing as less on the DCL website than what is on my invoice from last week. So maybe the fees dropped :confused3

I noticed this exact same thing this morning. The taxes did go down by the quote I got at 7:05 a.m. and the one that I actually booked about 15 minutes later! But, it was only about $20 difference.

Hi there

Just a note to say that Inventory Control came through for us, though we do not want the cruise any more (Panama Canal).

We faxed back in May (actually, our TA faxed it for us).

I am Silver, and the cruise showed up today on 9/28 under my Castaway Cay account.

So if you had anything in to IC and you are Silver, check online!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter