BEST / WORST Off-Site Hotels - GRAND TALLY

Hi, newbie here, I can't wait to pick everyones brain....my first question is about Comfort Suites...good/bad/OK...we've not decided which one, but we need transportation to all theme parks and will be staying 10-14 days

Thanks so much!

Looking at staying at Sheraton Vistana Villages. Can anyone advise as to their experiences staying here?

How much does their Disney shuttle cost and does it stop at all 4 Disney resorts on each trip? How often does it run?

Trying to determine if shuttle is viable or should we rent our own car?

Thanks for any and all advice.

Ice has been at the Palms at least the last two winters as well, since I have lived here and we have not made it yet. I have a day planned there on 11/28 with my mother and sister who are both visiting from PA at that time. I really can't wait.

I dream of spending a night at the Palms.... it is a gorgeous property outside - and every time I drive by on the way to WDW I tell my DD that I am going to "run away" some night and that's where I will be - enjoying the spa and all!

I can dream!

Living in Orlando, I have not stayed in any of the off-site hotels, but I just had a friend from out of town visiting for a couple of days. She is coming with her family of 5 in January and had read about the Buena Vista Suites on mousesavers I believe. On the way to WDW we stopped at the BVS and took a look around - at the time we were there - the front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating, the breakfast buffett looked like it had lots of choices (and is included - therefore saving some $$$$), and we were able to check out a room - it was sufficient for a family who spends most waking moments out and about and not in the room. 2 room suite - 2 TVs, small fridge, microwave, There is an outdoor pool. She is seriously thinking about staying there - especially if she can get the $88 online special (which is really closer to $98 with all the dang taxes) - there is a shuttle to the parks, but the will probably rent a car.

MandaMom said:
thanks for taking the time to compile the list.

It is very easy to read even in the exsisting format.

MandaMom
i love minny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

urabgirl15 said:
i love minny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111
i love mickeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Can anyone give any feedback on the Regal Palms Resort at Highland? We are visiting FL in March 06. Thanks!

Hi...i know this is an old string...but we stayed in the Comfort Suites on 192 (right next to the Old Town amusement park) in May of this year...We really enjoyed our stay. The rooms were very clean...beds very comfortable and linens new and soft. The room also had a very comfortable sleeper sofa. We had a small kitchenette with microwave and small refrigerator and everything was in excellent working order. They have a morning hot breakfast buffet with, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, muffins, toast, bagels, fruit juices, plus freshly made (and delicious) Belgian waffles...chocolate and regular with maple or strawberry fruit topping and whipped cream. They also had biscuits with sausage gravy. Fresh hot coffee, hot cocoa and a variety of breakfast teas as well. The pool area was very nice...cleaned every morning along with a jacuzzi. The cleaning staff was friendly. The only draw-back was the staff at the desk...they could learn to smile a bit...but when engaged...they were friendly. We were very pleased with the Comfort Suites...so...in case anybody else is considering staying off-site...with the Orlando Magic Card...we got an excellent rate on the room as well.....

:confused3 I don't know if anyone post this hotel allready, but Motel6 are the worst. We slept in a room that smelled & the beds were terrible.

Days Inn Maingate East is HORRIBLE!

Bahama Bay is fantastic, brand new, really close to Disney on the opposite side of the Orlando madness, and we got a 2 BR suite for $89/night. It was REALLY REALLY NICE!

newbie here...first post, hope i did it right! just booked our trip for March 2-9th, first time to Disney for my 3 year old twin girls! :cool1:

hoping we picked a good place to stay..wondering if anyone else has been there-

Horizons at the Mariott Vacation Club

thanks!!

Absolutely agree about Travellodge Maingate East. We arrived there to check in after a 9 hour flight and a long drive from the airport when they decided to tell us that we were not booked in until the next day!
Eventually they found out they had made a mistake after we had to wait in the lobby with all our luggage for ages.
Then they didn't even help us to our room with our luggage!

The Sheraton Vistana is a very nice place to stay off-site. I'm not sure about shuttles, because we rented a car and drove to the parks. We had the one-bedroom suite, that had a kitchenette and dining area, pull-out couch, nice bathroom (the bathtub had jets in it!), and a nice bedroom with a deck overlooking a pond. The only thing I didn't like about the resort was that it was so easy to make a wrong turn and not know where to go...the roads inside weren't very clearly labeled. Once we found the closest exit, however, trips were much quicker. The staff at the front desk were very courteous, but one woman did give us horrible directions to our suite (that was the beginning of us getting lost many times)! Anyway, I would stay there again if I had to, but I much prefer OKW!!! :cloud9:

well, i'm a little "peeved" :furious: at priceline.com...I made an offer for a 3 star hotel, for the night before we go into POFQ....and they gave me Best Western Resorts at Lake Buena Vista. I e-mailed them about the terrible reviews this property has rec'd on tripadvisor....and fodor's....however, they stand firm that the property is 3-stars...despite the poor reviews.......UGH....well, DD says it will be...."an adventure"....!!!! :goodvibes

next time i'll make up my mind...and not take the chance :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter