BEST / WORST Off-Site Hotels - GRAND TALLY

uncucla

Earning My Ears
I am going to WDW in late August and will be staying at the Polynesian for 7 nights/8 days (great deal with Fairy Tale Special). However, we needed a hotel for 2 nights prior. Came across the great thread - BEST Offsite hotel experience / WORST offsite experience - that has been running from June 2002 to present and currently has 193 postings. Being a researcher, I was interested in knowing which hotels were cited most in each category. I'm initiating this new thread so the tally will not be lost in the 13 pages in the previous posting.

Sorry, but I am assumming some of these Hotels named are the same, but the posting authors used the wrong name -

BEST HOTELS VOTES
Marriott Orl. World Ctr 11
Sheraton Vistana Villages 9
Holiday Inn Family Suites 7
Hard Rock Hotel 5 (Universal)
Wyndham Palace 5
Marriott Grande Vista 5
SpringHill Suites– LBV/Lake Bryan 5
Hyatt Cypress Gardens 4 (HR Grand Cypress?)
Tropical Palms Fun Suites 4
Vistana Resort 4
Holiday Inn – Universal 3
Doubletree Castle – I-Drive 3
Marriott Cypress Harbor 3
Courtyard Downtown Disney 3
Days Inn – MG East / Old Town 3
Red Horse Inn (was Universal Inn) 2
Marriott Royal Palms 2
Royal Plaza 2
Radisson Parkway Resort 2
Sheraton Four Points - 192 2
Comfort Inn LBV 2
Cypress Point Grande Villas 2
Doubletree Suites DTD 2
Grosvenor Downtown Disney 2
Hilton Downtown Disney 2
Orange Lake Country Club 2
Residence Inn – LBV 2
Caribe Royale 2
Fairfield Inn Cypress Palms 2
Hilton Grand Vac.Club World 2
Holiday Inn MainGt East 2
Summer Bay Resort 2
Embassy Suites – I Drive 2
Quality Suites MainGt East 2

WORST HOTELS VOTES
Comfort Inn LBV 8
Days Suites Maingate 4
Holiday Inn Sunspree 4
Quality Inn Plaza – I Drive 4
Ramada Ltd. Resorts – I-Drive 4
Ramada Ltd. – 192 4
Rodeway Inn – Irlo Bronson 3
Apollo 2
Best Western (w. Lake) 2
Days Inn Suites - Kissimmee 2
Gateway Inn – I-Drive 2
Gator Motel 2
Hilton Downtown Disney 2
Howard Johnson MainGt. West 2
Quality Suites MainGt East 2
Renaissance World Gate 2
Travel Lodge MainGt East 2
Westgate Villas 2
Westgate Lake Resort 2
Wyndham Palace 2

OTHER HOTELS LISTED (ONCE) -
BEST HOTELS
Adams Mark Florida Mall
Best Western – LBV
Clarion Suites MainGt - LBV
Country Inn & Suites - LBV
Courtyard – Lake Bryan
Courtyard Marriott Village
Crowne Plaza Universal (new)
Doubletree Villas MainGt
Fairfield Inn– Lake Bryan
Hampton Inn – MainGt West
Hawthorne Suites Universal
Hawthorne Suites Airport
Homewood Suites
Hyatt Orlando Airport
Larsons Inn
Omni Rosen
Peabody Hotel – I Drive
Portofino Bay - Universal
Quality Inn – I Drive
Renaissance Hotel
Radisson Barcelo – I Drive
Radisson Inn – Maingate
Radisson Universal
Ramada Inn – MainGt West
Royal Pacific – Universal
Residence Inn– Sand Lake
Residence Inn – Seaworld
Ron Jon
Sheraton Safari
Silver Lake Resort
The Palms (TP Fun Sts same?)
WDW Swan
Westgate Lakes Resort
Westgate Vacation Villas
Wyndham Orlando
Wyndham Palms

DISHONORABLE MENTION (ONCE) -
WORST HOTELS
AmeriHost – 192
AmPak Universal Inn
Best Western Kissimmee
Best Western – W. Irlo Bronson
Comfort Suites MainGt East
Days Inn Splendid China
Days Inn Florida Mall
Days Inn Maingate East
Days Inn Orlando Lakeside
Days Inn - 192
Delta Orlando Resort
Doubletree Suites–Hotel Plaza Blvd
Embassy Resort
Holiday Inn Maingate East
Holiday Inn Family Suites
Holiday Inn – I-Drive
Homewood LBV
Hyatt Regency Kissimmee
Hyatt Orlando
Knights Inn – 192
Magic Castle
Motel 6 Old Town
97 Inns of America
Parc Corniche
Parkway Motel – 192
Quality Inn Cecile
Ramada Fountain Park
Ramada Airport
Rosen Centre
Royal Plaza
Sheraton Safari
Silver Lake Resort
Sleep Inn
Super 8 Maingate West

Sorry the post was so long...I need to learn how to enhance the list into column style to make it shorter - I did this in a table at home and it is very easy to read.
I think this shows that the lower cost hotels are not as highly rated. There were a few posters that were realistic and said "what do you expect for $30ish a night!" I would say that if you are not willing to pay at least $55/night, then don't expect the Taj Mahal.
Keep the responses coming. The previous thread has certainly helped in my research of hotels (HIFS, MOWC, or Vistana Villages).

Hey, thanks so much for taking the time to make this list. While I know these are just personal opinions, this is great list to have. I was 1 who commented on MOWC & I'm soooo glad it made no.1. It really is a great, big, beautiful resort. I'll be there soon, and I can't wait.

Great idea. Courtyard Lake Bryan is the same as Courtyard Marriott Village in your other hotels section.

Thanks for doing that, we are staying at Vistana Villages in 6 weeks, am glad it is nice and high up the list.

Phil

Awesome, uncucla!! Thank you!

Wow, I started that thread based on the review area of "tripadvisor.com" a sort of way to help people who were considering a new hotel to see a Plus or Minus review of thier choice.

It makes me feel so good to see it's helped so many, including myself, because I chose the Vistana Villages due mostly to the reviews on that post. And, as most know, I was very pleased!

Again, thanks for the compilation, I, too, and a research fanatic and this is so much easier to check than the current thread!

Interesting how many hotels appear on both lists - best and worst.

The bottom line is that it depends on what you are looking for and what your priorities are when you travel. Also, it is possible to have a great experience at a 1 star hotel or a lousy experience at a 5 star resort.

Thanks for compiling all of the responses.

Steve

I wish there was a way to keep this at the top of the Orlando Hotels board.

It has great information, and is very handy when trying to find a hotel outside of disney.

Thanks for compiling the best/worst results!!!

thanks for taking the time to compile the list.

It is very easy to read even in the exsisting format.

MandaMom

Just bumping, because this is such a GREAT resource for us all!!!

Patti

Wow, great list. I did find it interesting that many of the hotels would have as many good results as bad.

where is this list and how do we post to it?

I happen to love Universal Royal Pacific - they treated us wonderfully!!!

alot of those were not hotels but timeshares.

I am very worried I made ressis for Howard Johnson Plaza resort\confernce center for 3 nights and I have asked anyone if they had stayed there and I am not getting and input. Then I looked at youor list and didn't see it anywhere there either. It seems like you know alot about hotels could you help me out??
It likes very nice online but looks could fool. I went for the name HOJO I have stayed in them other places. Thank you for your help.I am just a worry wart says DH I just need to know if it is clean.{Would rather be staying on-site!!}:earsgirl: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I think we're forgetting a hidden gem- the Wyndham Summerfield Suites- LBV. If you know where the Sheraton Safari is, it's about another block down. Just steps from Disney Village. Lots of restaurants close by...and a supermarket. Yet very quiet with a nice pool. Best of all, we were upgraded at no charge to a two bedroom suite....all for $59 a night. We've been to WDW many, many times. That was the best VALUE we ever had. I will grant you Vistanna and a few others are nicer, but for $59 Summerfield LBV was nicer than the mods on-site.

:confused: I'm concerned about my current reservations at the Renaissance Worldgate in Kissimmee. On tripadvisor.com the comments were pretty good. We aren't going to be at the hotel much - but I would like something clean. I also liked the comments on a back route to Disney that many said was a plus.
Any comments or tips would be helpful!! Thanks in advance.

The list was a great idea, however the survey is rendered somewhat obsolete by the opening this past summer of two spectacular off-Disney hotels....the Ritz Carlton and the JW Marriott Orlando. The two gems join the Grand Cypress Hyatt and the Marriott Orlando World Center as the most exclusive hotels in the Orlando area. The Peabody gets an honorable mention.

Of course if you must have a 2 bed/2bath villa, that's another story but any Marriott villa and Sheraton Vistana seem to be the names to trust.

Great list - thank you! :)

Brilliant to see the Marriot World Center at the top as that's where we're staying in December.

However, it just goes to prove how differently people feel about things as we've stayed at the Comfort Inn LBV twice in the past and loved it!!

Astrid

MARRIOT AT THE AIRPORT THROUGH HERTZ $29/NIGHT
OMNI ROSEN ON INTERNATIONAL DRIVE $29/NIGHT THRU QUALITY INN AT MIDNIGHT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter