Best & Worst Attractions Costumes

Could someone post photos of costumes with long sleeves? I will have to cover tattoos.
Brent

Just about every costume can come with long sleeves, as you can wear a shirt with long sleeves underneath the costume.

Awesome. I was under the impression that wearing a long sleeve shirt under a costume was a no-no. glad to hear otherwise.

ok good! So i will not have to Live in a sweat shop doing Laundry! LOL

Haha, most of the laundering for costumes and linens from Disney resorts are taken care of by Textile Services, a department totally separate from Costuming. Don't have to worry about that too much :thumbsup2.

Haha, most of the laundering for costumes and linens from Disney resorts are taken care of by Textile Services, a department totally separate from Costuming. Don't have to worry about that too much :thumbsup2.

Ow Dear! I do hear the Angles Singing! LOL THX!!!!

I don't know that I would want to work in MK but I absolutely love the pants for Adventureland. They look so comfortable. I also got accepted for Attractions CP, but my biggest worry is getting a ride where I have to memorize a speech.

I don't know that I would want to work in MK but I absolutely love the pants for Adventureland. They look so comfortable. I also got accepted for Attractions CP, but my biggest worry is getting a ride where I have to memorize a speech.

Didn't they address this in your interview? Attractions was my #2 and she asked me right off if I was willing to memorize a spiel and do it in front of large crowds? If you said no I would assume they'd wouldn't put you in that kind of ride.

If you get put at a speiling ride and you can't pass, they move you.

About winter... do we also have to wear them shorts during the winter time!? :eek:

Of course not! Pants are included with all shorts options.:)

If you get put at a speiling ride and you can't pass, they move you.

Yea thanks guys. Its not that I can't spiel, just not sure I want to. I told them that in interview but I also discussed being a Campus Rep and being comfortable talking to large groups haha.

I did the spring advantage in '05 and I worked in MGM attractions. I'd have to say after comparing my costumes to my roomates from Magic kingdom...MGM "Hollywood Studio" costumes are the best because they are simply a pair of khaki pants and a button up collared t-shirt. very light and comfortable. :-)

Welcome to the boards!

SO my recruiter told me that I was recommended to be put in the animal kingdom. What kind of clothes do qsfb people wear there. I know its stupid, but I really want a skirt/dress and I dont know if anyone at animal kingdom wears dresses like they all do at the magic kingdom.

i do have a question concerning costumes... they have multiple sizes, correct? I'm not exactly a size 2 and I always hate telling employers sizes and stuff because it makes me feel huge. I'm not gigantic, but i'm not a size 2:)

Anyone know if Disney costumes go a little larger than avg?

i do have a question concerning costumes... they have multiple sizes, correct? I'm not exactly a size 2 and I always hate telling employers sizes and stuff because it makes me feel huge. I'm not gigantic, but i'm not a size 2:)

Yes, Disney has all different sizes. I am not a size 2 either and it doesn't help that I am only 4'11" but Disney had pants that fit me perfectly. And even some that were too short for me, which has NEVER happened! Trust me you will get a costume that fits.

Welcome to the boards!

SO my recruiter told me that I was recommended to be put in the animal kingdom. What kind of clothes do qsfb people wear there. I know its stupid, but I really want a skirt/dress and I dont know if anyone at animal kingdom wears dresses like they all do at the magic kingdom.

I believe the only QSFB that has a dress is the Restaurantasaurus (or whatever it's called in Dinoland). Other then that, it's VERY bright pants. There are also a couple of plain pants too.

They sure do.

All different sizes to accomodate everyone...no worries! If they don't have something to fit someone, they'll have it made...but I only heard of one person I knew needing that...and it was more likely a replacement item for something that was never returned. You check out your own costumes, so you find the correct size/fit yourself, though people are on hand to help in the process--Disney likes everything to fit just so... I know in my placement, we had to have our costumes approved during training for proper fit, then we knew which sizes to get each time.

If you are a popular size, consider keeping the same costumes the entire time. That's what I did and just laundered them myself.

Also, EVERYONE feels huge at Disney in costuming because the costumes are in tailor's sizes...

Thanks guys! One of the reasons I love Disney so much is because of the differences in cultures and sizes of people that work there. I'm glad to know they have a wide amount of sizes and that they will make something for me if something didn't fit right. I've seen people of all sizes working there so I kinda thought that's how it would be, but I guess I just wanted to put my mind at ease:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter