Best Western Lake Buena Vista

jeffg4

Mouseketeer
I apologize if this question is answered in a different thread, but I could not find it. As a good neighbor hotel, I understand this hotel gives you EMH and 60+ day access to bre-booked FP+. It also charges $8/day for parking. Do I still have to pay for parking at the parks or is this considered an on-site stay and I just have to scan my MB at the parking lots? Are there any other perks normally associated with an on-site stay that I wouldn't receive at this hotel? TIA.

Last edited:
I'm going to move this over to the Orlando Hotels and Attractions board, where the offsite hotels are discussed. :)

When we stayed In October we had to pay for parking at the parks.

I apologize if this question is answered in a different thread, but I could not find it. As a good neighbor hotel, I understand this hotel gives you EMH and 60+ day access to bre-booked FP+. It also charges $8/day for parking. Do I still have to pay for parking at the parks or is this considered an on-site stay and I just have to scan my MB at the parking lots? Are there any other perks normally associated with an on-site stay that I wouldn't receive at this hotel? TIA.

It's not considered an on-site stay. It's an offsite stay that has some of the on-site perks. Those perks are EMH access and 60-day FP, and I don't think anything else.

Other Disney resort advantages - free parking, magic bands, and magical express - are not included. You can use your own magic band, but because it won't be linked to a Disney resort stay, you cannot use it for charging in the parks. You also cannot buy a dining plan.

I assume you have your own car, but if you were going to use bus transportation to the parks, know that the Disney Springs buses run a bit differently than the Disney buses (i.e. they're on a set schedule and may go to multiple parks). Also, they drop off/pick up at the TTC rather than right at MK, as the Disney resort buses do.

Last edited:

Also, be aware that the Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area is undergoing a years-long expansion. A second tower is being built, as well as a new pool deck. Once the second tower is up, the existing one will be renovated. Finally, new convention/meeting space will be built.

I'm uncertain how much impact is felt by guests staying at the hotel. This is an old image (from March 1, 2019) that will give you an idea of the size of the construction zone compared to the existing building.

If you're going to be at theme parks all day, it probably won't matter. However, if you're planning to spend any daylight hours at the hotel, you'll probably be impacted by the construction.

Mousesavers dot com has a deal with them Certain % off plus free parking.

Go to mousesavers dot com. In the search bar type Best Western. Find the deal and use the link that brings you directly to the hotel website. Book the "Mousesavers deal"

I booked BW Disney Springs for my August trip off priceline - got it for $68 a night. Don't think I'll be in the room hardly at all so the construction shouldn't be much of a factor. I hope.

I'm so glad I found this post! I was going to book Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista for a party of 7 (5A, 2C) for a 2 bedroom suite but the hotel shuttle doesn't run very often (once in morning for most of the parks and maybe once or twice at night - no midday shuttles). So we were looking at Best Western Lake Buena Vista and did see they were having construction but didn't think it would bother us either.

I got a quote off of Priceline for 2 rooms for $111.74/night + $13.00/night resort fee for a 2 queen bed plus sleeper sofa room and $104.24/night + $15.00/night resort fees for a 2 queen bed room. Can cancel anytime before 3 days prior to arrival.

On Mousesavers.com discounted rates, it would be $111.74/night plus $13.99/night resort for first room w/sofa sleeper and $104.24/night + $13.99/night + $13.99/night resort fees. Similar rates except resort fees are different.

We are currently booked at Yacht Club at a rate of $275/night plus tax but if we stay at Best Western Lake Buena Vista we can go to Universal Studios for a day. Of course, we won't have the dining plan but I figured we would budget for $75/adult/day and $40/child/day for food. My family is open to staying off property especially if the shuttle runs more often than just once or twice a day.

Am I missing anything that would not make this a great idea and/or deal?

Last edited:
I have never been to WDW before and Best Western is exactly my type of hotel. Glad to see there are options aside from staying on site!

I'm so glad I found this post! I was going to book Staybridge Suites Lake Buena Vista for a party of 7 (5A, 2C) for a 2 bedroom suite but the hotel shuttle doesn't run very often (once in morning for most of the parks and maybe once or twice at night - no midday shuttles). So we were looking at Best Western Lake Buena Vista and did see they were having construction but didn't think it would bother us either.

I got a quote off of Priceline for 2 rooms for $111.74/night + $13.00/night resort fee for a 2 queen bed plus sleeper sofa room and $104.24/night + $15.00/night resort fees for a 2 queen bed room. Can cancel anytime before 3 days prior to arrival.

On Mousesavers.com discounted rates, it would be $111.74/night plus $13.99/night resort for first room w/sofa sleeper and $104.24/night + $13.99/night + $13.99/night resort fees. Similar rates except resort fees are different.

We are currently booked at Yacht Club at a rate of $275/night plus tax but if we stay at Best Western Lake Buena Vista we can go to Universal Studios for a day. Of course, we won't have the dining plan but I figured we would budget for $75/adult/day and $40/child/day for food. My family is open to staying off property especially if the shuttle runs more often than just once or twice a day.

I don't think you're missing anything. It's a much better deal, financially, especially if you're multiplying the rates by two rooms. Personally, I'd be happy to spend more time riding a bus and swimming in a basic pool to save over $300 per night.

I will say that you've got a great rate for Yacht Club, which is a nicer property - awesome pools and walking distance to two parks. Since you say you're not gong to be in the rooms much, I assume you'll be at the parks pretty much all day. If you were thinking of spending any significant time at the resort, it might be nice to do a split stay to have a day or two at YC, but the regular pool at BW will certainly cool you down after a day at the parks.

If you stayed onsite, would you go to Universal? I only ask because the cost of single-day tickets to Universal are really high, and you may or may not end up saving money. For 7 people do do a one-day hopper to the two parks (necessary if you want to ride Hogwarts Express and see all of Harry Potter world), it would be about $1200. Universal tickets go way down per day and are far less expensive than Disney when you do a multi-day vacation there, but it's a very expensive single-day outing. You don't say how long your trip is, so the offsite savings may or may not make up for those costs. Of course, maybe saving on the hotel is exactly what you need to fund a trip to Universal (and Universal is amazing!).

I don't think you're missing anything. It's a much better deal, financially, especially if you're multiplying the rates by two rooms. Personally, I'd be happy to spend more time riding a bus and swimming in a basic pool to save over $300 per night.

I will say that you've got a great rate for Yacht Club, which is a nicer property - awesome pools and walking distance to two parks. Since you say you're not gong to be in the rooms much, I assume you'll be at the parks pretty much all day. If you were thinking of spending any significant time at the resort, it might be nice to do a split stay to have a day or two at YC, but the regular pool at BW will certainly cool you down after a day at the parks.

If you stayed onsite, would you go to Universal? I only ask because the cost of single-day tickets to Universal are really high, and you may or may not end up saving money. For 7 people do do a one-day hopper to the two parks (necessary if you want to ride Hogwarts Express and see all of Harry Potter world), it would be about $1200. Universal tickets go way down per day and are far less expensive than Disney when you do a multi-day vacation there, but it's a very expensive single-day outing. You don't say how long your trip is, so the offsite savings may or may not make up for those costs. Of course, maybe saving on the hotel is exactly what you need to fund a trip to Universal (and Universal is amazing!).

Thanks! If we stayed on site, we would not be able to go to Universal. I thought about a split stay because we were so excited to stay at Yacht Club but the savings can go towards including Universal in our plans. We have 4 huge Harry Potter fans who would prefer going there and skipping out on a Disney park day but we already have 3 day hopper passes. I also looked at All Star Sports and am now leaning towards that property. Only issue with that resort is that I would need to stay in the room with my 2 grown sons and there are only 2 queen beds. If we could request a roll away which would help but not sure if the hotel could accommodate that. But we could use the Magical Express and keep the dining plan. Ah....first world problems, right? lol

I appreciate your helpful tips!

Thanks! If we stayed on site, we would not be able to go to Universal. I thought about a split stay because we were so excited to stay at Yacht Club but the savings can go towards including Universal in our plans. We have 4 huge Harry Potter fans who would prefer going there and skipping out on a Disney park day but we already have 3 day hopper passes. I also looked at All Star Sports and am now leaning towards that property. Only issue with that resort is that I would need to stay in the room with my 2 grown sons and there are only 2 queen beds. If we could request a roll away which would help but not sure if the hotel could accommodate that. But we could use the Magical Express and keep the dining plan. Ah....first world problems, right? lol

I appreciate your helpful tips!

No rollaway beds. AS Music has queen beds, but AS Sports hasn't yet been renovated, so those are still full-sized beds. You could bring your own air mattress, but that doesn't seem very comfortable for an adult.

If you're looking to save money, you might want to reconsider the dining plan. Most people find that paying OOP for meals comes out to be less expensive than buying the dining plan. This is especially true if you're going to spend a day or two off property at Universal. You can find menus online for all of Disney's restaurants. Go on and price out some sample meals, items you and members of your party would be likely to order. Then compare the costs to the dining plan. Chances are good you'll come out ahead just buying your food.

No rollaway beds. AS Music has queen beds, but AS Sports hasn't yet been renovated, so those are still full-sized beds. You could bring your own air mattress, but that doesn't seem very comfortable for an adult.

If you're looking to save money, you might want to reconsider the dining plan. Most people find that paying OOP for meals comes out to be less expensive than buying the dining plan. This is especially true if you're going to spend a day or two off property at Universal. You can find menus online for all of Disney's restaurants. Go on and price out some sample meals, items you and members of your party would be likely to order. Then compare the costs to the dining plan. Chances are good you'll come out ahead just buying your food.

Thanks for the feedback on the rollaway beds. I was actually calculating meal costs last night after looking at pricing of meals (especially Universal), it does seem it would be better to not go with the dining plan. We had thought of the quick service plan but then if we dine at Universal, that would be 1 or 2 days paying for meals we won't use unless we eat breakfast at a quick service restaurant and dine later in the evening at a Disney restaurant. Good point!

I have never been to WDW before and Best Western is exactly my type of hotel. Glad to see there are options aside from staying on site!
Oh yeah - I'm kinda' hooked now... really think any of the Disney Springs hotels are good options because of the cost. Best Western is the first one I've tried but I will most likely do this again. The hotel was really decent although they are doing construction. Doesn't bother me because I was on the go the entire time. The staff was as good as Disney Cast Members in my opinion - they were really really good at their jobs. Best Western may want to watch out... if someone from Disney comes in they may try to recruit these people. The room was very very clean and the size was good. I liked it. Bus service was good -runs every 30 minutes. You don't get dropped off right at the MK, rather at the TTC. Other parks, same thing - dropped off with the other buses but perhaps a little further away..

I'm now a Disney Springs resort fan. I like being able to walk to Disney Springs. Oh - Best Western's resort fee is $15.00 per night. $8.00 additional to park if you bring a car - I didn't. I just ubered from the airport.

I love the yacht club for sure - but it's really a good deal and I did enjoy my stay at Best Western. The shuttles ran on time - every 30 minutes. Never was late....not once. The only thing is they stop at 2 other resorts in the area on the way in so it's a tad slower but I think Disney transportation also combines buses in some situations. Coming back in at night you're the first stop. So that makes up for it. I think it's a good deal - I love the Disney resorts and this was a new thing for me. I for one can't continue to afford the prices at Disney resorts. It's either find an alternative or not go. I choose Disney Springs. You get early entry. You can book 60 days out fastpasses, there's not a negative I can think of.

You would still have to pay for parking at the parks. I didn't have a car, just used the shuttle and a couple of times I did uber. You can get pretty much anywhere with Uber for $12-$13 which is better than $25 to park. Insanity - these costs are getting ridiculous.

Also, be aware that the Best Western Lake Buena Vista - Disney Springs Area is undergoing a years-long expansion. A second tower is being built, as well as a new pool deck. Once the second tower is up, the existing one will be renovated. Finally, new convention/meeting space will be built.

I'm uncertain how much impact is felt by guests staying at the hotel. This is an old image (from March 1, 2019) that will give you an idea of the size of the construction zone compared to the existing building.

View attachment 414529

If you're going to be at theme parks all day, it probably won't matter. However, if you're planning to spend any daylight hours at the hotel, you'll probably be impacted by the construction.
There's a bit more construction going on now - or at least during my trip a month ago. BUT, I didn't notice noise in the mornings or evenings at all. The only thing that happened was one day they said the water pressure may be low for a few hours - but they warned us. And, it didn't bother me because it was smack in the middle of the day when I was out having fun. I thought the rooms were very very clean - maybe a bit outdated but not badly. I look forward to how it'll look after the renovation.

Oh yeah - I'm kinda' hooked now... really think any of the Disney Springs hotels are good options because of the cost. Best Western is the first one I've tried but I will most likely do this again. The hotel was really decent although they are doing construction. Doesn't bother me because I was on the go the entire time. The staff was as good as Disney Cast Members in my opinion - they were really really good at their jobs. Best Western may want to watch out... if someone from Disney comes in they may try to recruit these people. The room was very very clean and the size was good. I liked it. Bus service was good -runs every 30 minutes. You don't get dropped off right at the MK, rather at the TTC. Other parks, same thing - dropped off with the other buses but perhaps a little further away..

I'm now a Disney Springs resort fan. I like being able to walk to Disney Springs. Oh - Best Western's resort fee is $15.00 per night. $8.00 additional to park if you bring a car - I didn't. I just ubered from the airport.

Thank you so much for your reviews of BW!! I have been getting so much help with everyone on here - this is why I love the Disboards so much!

Being dropped off at TTC at Magic Kingdom isn't so bad. At least it isn't like some Disney Springs hotels where that's the only place you get dropped off for all parks. Plus I think being able to walk to Disney Springs isn't too far - hopefully my oldest son will get a scooter anyway for the parks and have it delivered to the hotel to use. Now that I think of it....I wonder if the buses at BW accommodate ECV's?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!