Best Western Lake Buena Vista

Thank you so much for your reviews of BW!! I have been getting so much help with everyone on here - this is why I love the Disboards so much!

Being dropped off at TTC at Magic Kingdom isn't so bad. At least it isn't like some Disney Springs hotels where that's the only place you get dropped off for all parks. Plus I think being able to walk to Disney Springs isn't too far - hopefully my oldest son will get a scooter anyway for the parks and have it delivered to the hotel to use. Now that I think of it....I wonder if the buses at BW accommodate ECV's?

The buses will accommodate ECVs. The walk to DS from BW is one of the farthest. I think it's a bit over half a mile to the marketplace area, and further, depending on what you want.

I like the TTC. There's something magical about getting on the ferry and seeing MK come closer into view. As long as you know you have to go through the TTC and build time into the schedule, I don't think it's a problem.

Thank you so much for your reviews of BW!! I have been getting so much help with everyone on here - this is why I love the Disboards so much!

Being dropped off at TTC at Magic Kingdom isn't so bad. At least it isn't like some Disney Springs hotels where that's the only place you get dropped off for all parks. Plus I think being able to walk to Disney Springs isn't too far - hopefully my oldest son will get a scooter anyway for the parks and have it delivered to the hotel to use. Now that I think of it....I wonder if the buses at BW accommodate ECV's?
I don't remember if there were any folks with ECV's during my trip so I can't say for sure. But, if's a Good Neighbor Hotel so I can't imagine they don't accommodate.

@heaven2dc Keep in mind that at Staybridge suites you wouldn’t get the “on site” perks that the BW offers but, you do get free hot breakfast buffet and for 7 people that can be a significant savings. Also you would have the kitchen and living room space to spread out. If your stay is in 2019 parking there is free and no resort fee. We plan to Uber everywhere - instead of paying for a rental car, parking at WDW and USO and gas it will be about the same cost and more convenient - I dislike WDW buses and parking 8 mikes from the gate is not much better!

@heaven2dc Keep in mind that at Staybridge suites you wouldn’t get the “on site” perks that the BW offers but, you do get free hot breakfast buffet and for 7 people that can be a significant savings. Also you would have the kitchen and living room space to spread out. If your stay is in 2019 parking there is free and no resort fee. We plan to Uber everywhere - instead of paying for a rental car, parking at WDW and USO and gas it will be about the same cost and more convenient - I dislike WDW buses and parking 8 mikes from the gate is not much better!

Thanks, Sharona! The free hot breakfast was the biggest draw to Staybridge Suites plus having us all stay in one accommodation with extra room. We won't be renting a car and thought we could take the buses but that is out of the question with their schedules. I'll have to calculate taking Uber for all of us esp if we want to take midday breaks. I'll post an update on my calculations later today and the cost difference between both hotels. Definitely worth looking into :)

Thanks, Sharona! The free hot breakfast was the biggest draw to Staybridge Suites plus having us all stay in one accommodation with extra room. We won't be renting a car and thought we could take the buses but that is out of the question with their schedules. I'll have to calculate taking Uber for all of us esp if we want to take midday breaks. I'll post an update on my calculations later today and the cost difference between both hotels. Definitely worth looking into :)

Yes please post that research I would love to see it! My sister-in-law went in June with her family and they stayed offsite and used exclusively Uber and Lyft rides and she said it was super easy. As the unofficial driver of our group I am always happy when we skip the rental car.

My order of preference

Walk everywhere (Universal or DL)
Water taxis (Universal)
Uber
Self drive and park
Dental surgery
Disney bus after a long day in the parks

One option is to use buses part of the time, if they're included. When I was staying offsite last spring for a non-WDW vacation, it was at a bargain hotel with limited WDW shuttle. While the times wouldn't have worked for us as our only means of transport, we could have made a run or two work. For example, use the shuttle on a late-ish morning after a late night, but use Uber back for a mid-day break, or maybe just use the shuttle for the ride home if the time roughly lines up with when we would want to leave the park.

Yes please post that research I would love to see it! My sister-in-law went in June with her family and they stayed offsite and used exclusively Uber and Lyft rides and she said it was super easy. As the unofficial driver of our group I am always happy when we skip the rental car.

My order of preference

Walk everywhere (Universal or DL)
Water taxis (Universal)
Uber
Self drive and park
Dental surgery
Disney bus after a long day in the parks

:rotfl2: I'll keep you posted!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter