Best week to visit

Ohguys2

Earning My Ears
Planning a once in a lifetime Disneyland vacation. Looking for the best week to visit for low crowds and mild weather. Considering the 2nd week of September, or the first week of November. Planning a Sun-Thurs stay at Disneyland Hotel. Any advice is appreciated!

Someone yesterday said that September is the hottest month ...which is worrying cos we go the last week in September!

Are low crowds and mild weather your only two criteria? Just clarifying so you get the best advice possible. What temperature range are you looking at to hit the mild category? Are nighttime shows like fireworks, Fantasmic, World of Color important to you, or just rides? What about parades--daytime and nighttime? What about having early morning hours (open at 8am) and late evening hours (open until midnight)--or is 10am to 8pm enough?

There are so many great people here you will get great advice but this info might help narrow it down for you. :)

Are low crowds and mild weather your only two criteria? Just clarifying so you get the best advice possible. What temperature range are you looking at to hit the mild category? Are nighttime shows like fireworks, Fantasmic, World of Color important to you, or just rides? What about parades--daytime and nighttime? What about having early morning hours (open at 8am) and late evening hours (open until midnight)--or is 10am to 8pm enough?

There are so many great people here you will get great advice but this info might help narrow it down for you. :)
Also another thought I have since the OP specified in September or November, they now have me thinking is "holidays" at the resort important to them? Cuz the holiday decorations are up beginning on Veterans day, sometimes the day before.

Planning a once in a lifetime Disneyland vacation. Looking for the best week to visit for low crowds and mild weather. Considering the 2nd week of September, or the first week of November. Planning a Sun-Thurs stay at Disneyland Hotel. Any advice is appreciated!
I would choose first week of November for a better shot at both the things you want. September is consistently very hot (November can be hot or cool, hard to say ... I once went to Disney on Nov 4 and it was100). September is likely to be crowded due to Halloween time starting on 9/1. In previous years the few week of November has been slow but that wasn't the case last year for whatever reason.

If you REALLY want mild temperatures and lower crowds you could look at January or February avoiding any holiday weekends or special events. Weather is likely to be milder but crowds are a crapshoot all the time now. With the reservation system in place, if Disney sees lower crowds on the horizon they do something to bring them in. Jan/Feb has less entertainment, shorter park hours and more ride refurbs.

There are so many great people here you will get great advice but this info might help narrow it down for y

Thanks for the reply! Weather we are hoping for would be in the 70's. Mainly into rides, perhaps Fantasmic if available since we missed it at WDW. We usually skip parades and fireworks. 10-8 would be plenty of time for us, especially since we plan to stay 4 or 5 days.
Hoping for some great feedback!Thanks again!

Weather we are hoping for would be in the 70's. Mainly into rides, perhaps Fantasmic if available since we missed it at WDW. We usually skip parades and fireworks. 10-8 would be plenty of time for us, especially since we plan to stay 4 or 5 days. 2 adults in our 50's who love all things Disney, no children. We COULD even do the first full week of December, but I am hearing it's a crapshoot for crowds?

Last edited:

Thanks for the reply! Weather we are hoping for would be in the 70's. Mainly into rides, perhaps Fantasmic if available since we missed it at WDW. We usually skip parades and fireworks. 10-8 would be plenty of time for us, especially since we plan to stay 4 or 5 days.

Are these your only 2 possible weeks?

If not, I'd recommend these blocks of time, in order best to worst:

1.Late April (2 weeks after easter) through late May

2. Late January through February

3. Second week of November through second week of December

4. July. The whole month. (It's not that hot, usually)

Are you thinking of this September as one possibility? If so, be aware of this:

With the goal of delivering the best possible show for our guests, performances of Fantasmic! are paused through at least Labor Day.

Fantasmic is 1000% better at Disneyland (other than the seating), so do try to see it.

Are these your only 2 possible weeks?

If not, I'd recommend these blocks of time, in order best to worst:

1.Late April (2 weeks after easter) through late May

2. Late January through February

3. Second week of November through second week of December

4. July. The whole month. (It's not that hot, usually)
Are these based on weather, or crowds, or both? I appreciate it!

Are you thinking of this September as one possibility? If so, be aware of this:

With the goal of delivering the best possible show for our guests, performances of Fantasmic! are paused through at least Labor Day.

Fantasmic is 1000% better at Disneyland (other than the seating), so do try to see it.
Looking at 2024. Literally can go anytime during the year, just want to maximize our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter