*** BEST WDW TIPS COMPILED *****

I would love one also, I'm not sure if you are still on the disboards because b4 july 2007, the dates on this thread were from 2001 !! But I would love a copy the link isn't available anymore. vkbhileman@verizon.net

Wow - that stinks!! I didn't even realize that it was from 2001!!

I hope that the Disney God's are watching over us and makes certain that we all get this list!! Amickey. ;)

To everyone who has posted since the beginning of August, or who are about to post now, please read the following quote: :)

Just wanted to give people a few more options besides reading my 5 different posts to get all the tips.... I found another dis board that is more up to date on the tips... the link to it is here:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=311217&page=213

Also I got a few web sites from that dis thread that might help... these people are a little more computer savy than me and were able to post all the tips together on a website that you can go to. this site has the same tips that I posted previously:
http://www.mokenablaze.com/Best Kept Secrets.doc

this link is a little different with some great tips also:
http://members.aol.com/ajaynejr/disscav.htm

Hope this helps!!:thumbsup2

The original link in this thread was from 2001 and is no longer working, as many of you have discovered!! :sad2: TifferRN was kind enough to find a list of tips that provide a lot of information, and after being bombarded with requests for it, she posted it here on this thread = posts 207 to 211. As you can see in the above quote, she also posted a few links to sites that have the same or similar lists. There is no way to know whether this is the "list" that was originally spoken about in the early days of this thread, but no one has that list any longer, so this will take it's place. ::yes:: (However, if someone reads this who was around in 2001 and has "the list" - please feel free to post it for us!!! :rotfl: )

I hope this clears up any confusion!! :confused3

To everyone who has posted since the beginning of August, or who are about to post now, please read the following quote: :)

The original link in this thread was from 2001 and is no longer working, as many of you have discovered!! :sad2: TifferRN was kind enough to find a list of tips that provide a lot of information, and after being bombarded with requests for it, she posted it here on this thread = posts 207 to 211. As you can see in the above quote, she also posted a few links to sites that have the same or similar lists. There is no way to know whether this is the "list" that was originally spoken about in the early days of this thread, but no one has that list any longer, so this will take it's place. ::yes:: (However, if someone reads this who was around in 2001 and has "the list" - please feel free to post it for us!!! :rotfl: )

I hope this clears up any confusion!! :confused3

Thank you so much!!! I had checked my email when I got home from work earlier in hopes that I got the list! :rotfl2: I was bummed when I didn't!!
I would have been like that sad little puppy staring out of the pet shop window waiting to be saved!! Thank you for not having me become that puppy!

Thanks for sharing this update....
I have already download it.
This is very helpful to other people.
Please keep it up to share this type of update.Thanks in advance
kitchen calgary

TifferRN said:
page 2:

EPCOT--General—(1) The sidewalks twinkle at night. Take the right-hand path after the Epcot ball. You'll come upon them. Absolutely magical. And the fireflies in the trees! (2) The distance around the World Showcase, from China to Canada, is 1.2.5 miles. (3) The World Showcase park entrance, we found the upside down classic Mickey in the clock. (4) The concrete paths around the lagoon are red to make the grass appear greener. (5) A great, uncrowded place to visit characters is the bench near the rail past the International Gateway. It's on your right if you're coming form the BC. It might be across that first clothing store when you get in. (6) There is a butterfly garden behind Mouse Gears.
African Outpost—(1) Open the lids of the crates and see what happens. (2) If you are over near China/African Outpost in the early afternoon, the drawbridge goes up and you can watch them bring out the launching islands for Illuminations. It's a bit of a wait as the drawbridge is open, so traffic stops and you can't cross the bridge until they finish.
American Pavilion--(1) View the American Flag that was taken from the rubble of 9/11/2001. It will put a lump in your throat and a tear in your eye. (2) When you go to see the show, you will have to go up to what seems to be the second floor. The reason for this is, all of the different platforms with the presidents on them are actually stored under the seats that you are sitting on. They come sliding out as they are needed and then go back under when they are finished. (3) The building that the American Adventure is in is really 5 stories, but has tall doors and windows to make it look like it is only 3 stories. It's hard to tell, but have one person go stand by the door to the gift shop, and you'll be able to tell that the opening is about 12 feet high! (4) Was designed using "forced perspective" (same as the castle in MK) because Imagineers discovered that a building from that time period would have been too small to be seen across World Showcase Lagoon. (5) In the American Pavilion, there are paintings along the front wall. One of the first ones opens to reveal an elevator. (6) The colonial soldiers (am not sure if that is what they are called, but were dressed up like the time of George Washington) in America--They come out with the flag, and they have a small band and there is a drummer boy. They do a little ceremony of sorts.
Canada—(1) In Canada, at Epcot's World Showcase, there is a huge "rock" at the Kodak picture spot. Before IllumiNations-Reflections of Earth begin, the top of the "rock" will open, and sound and lighting equipment for IllumiNations will come out. I was standing right by the "rock" when it happened and was amazed at what I was seeing! (2) There was a walking trail in Canada, with an old abandoned mine and waterfalls? I knew of the one on the way to see that movie, O'Canada, but supposedly, there is another one--a real walking trail to show you the landscape of Canada. (3) The waterfall was put there because the sound of the water masks the fact that there is a huge generator directly behind it. (4) There is a building in Canada that is only 3 stories high, but has 5 rows of windows to make it look taller. (5) Do you know how many of the three totem poles are real?? One--The are two on your right and one on your left. The one on your left is a 700# cedar totem pole. Two have two distinct markings that show they are two large pieces of fiberglass stacked on top of each other. The 30-foot "real" totem pole raised there in April 1998 is carved by a renowned Tsimshian Indian carver, David Boxley. The totem pole is three stories of Raven, a traditional story amongst Northwest Coastal Indians. The top of the pole depicts the story of Raven tricking the Chief of the Skies to release the sun, moon, & stars from a carved cedar chest (box). (6) The trees in Canada are replaced when they grow too big! (7) Also, the plants at Canada change with the seasons, not to correspond with Buchart Gardens but to simulate the seasons in Canada. White in winter, gold and red in autumn, etc. They can't correspond to Buchart Gardens because the weather in Disney is different than on Vancouver Island. However, the flower gardens there represent Buchart Gardens.
China—(1) The temple in China is acoustically perfect--if you stand exactly in the middle of the room, your voice will echo back to you. (2) You can purchase a fan, and they will personalize it for free. They write the name in Chinese. The fan is very inexpensive, around four dollars. (3) China pathways narrow to help create the feeling of crowded streets and lots of people.
France—(1) The Eiffel tower is the only "carrot" in the WS--the only thing that cannot be reached by the general public. (2) Be sure to find Belle's library. If you're searching for Belle and Beast, you're almost sure to walk through, but even if you're not, browse the shops and you'll find yourself there as well. There are countless references to classic Disney tales. Shelves are lined with favorite stories, knickknacks like gargoyles from Hunchback and the rose from Beauty and the Beast are there, and I remember some more obscure Disney references catching my eye as well. There's also a beautiful stained glass window, just like the mosaics during the prologue of B&TB. (3) Between France and Morocco, you'll notice that there is a section of pavement that looks different. This is supposed to symbolize the Straits of Gibralter.
Germany—(1) Being in Germany at the top of the hour. At the courtyard in Germany if you look up towards the back there is a clock. If you are there around the hour, it will ring and a German boy and girl will come out (they are made our of wood, they are not real) and twirl around. Sometimes the clock is a little off on the time and you have to wait a few minutes. (2) While you're looking at the train set in Germany, look at the church on the side of the bridge closer to the lagoon. Over the doorway are, I think, 4 (four) hidden Mickeys. They are Mickey hats. (3) Also in the train set—On the side of the bridge farthest from the lagoon, in the brownish-colored castle, on the right side in the farthest window is a hidden Mickey. It looks like one of the little rubber ones you can buy. He is dressed up in his suit and is just standing there in the window. (4) If you go into Germany on the right side, walk straight to the back wall {through the tables and chairs} and knock on the wall. There is a big mural on it . You will get a hollow sound. It is a plywood wall that covers the area that was in the original plans for the pavilion, supposed to be the entrance to the Rhine river boat ride, which never panned out for whatever reason.
Ice Station Cool—(1) When you go into the Coke station, get a little of the "Italy-Beverly" flavor and act like you are drinking it then tell everyone how delicious it is. They will all take a big gulp and gag!!! It is disgusting! I have had lots of fun with this and dh always goes along with me to fool the newbies. The looks on their faces are always priceless! (2) It used to be Ice Station Cool, but now it's "Club Cool." If you are walking towards the world showcase from future world it is on the right hand side of the large fountain. If you walk past the fountain you have gone too far.
Innoventions—(1) Innoventions West, at the IBM exhibit, you can email pictures of yourself. (2) Innoventions East the ten-second video clip you can email. (3) Look for the solar powered lawnmowers at EPCOT.
International Gatewa--(1) When you are crossing that little bridge to France you are symbolically crossing "the English Channel"? (2) At the International Gateway, near France, on the bridge in the lagoon area there's a bicycle sitting on the land near the water with an artist's canvas next to it. The painting there looks finished, too. It took me a long time to see that Disney detail; it's easily missed.
Italy—(1) If you wander around behind the shops (where the fountains are), look around for little red press-buttons that say "press for a surprise" (or something to that affect). If you press the button, water squirts from a different location. It’s always fun to see where the water comes from when you do it, and then, wait for an unsuspecting person to walk by. They can't ever figure it out. (2) In Italy, when you are walking towards the pavilion, you have the shop with the clothes on the left. OK, that building, the columns have little men, maybe monks (?) carved into them, a little over head level. I am not 100% if I am right on the EXACT location, but there is the corner column, then either the next one or the one after that (so either the second or third from the end of the corner of the World Showcase walkway and the one leading into Italy), one of the men is actually holding a bowling ball. All of the figures seem to

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter