Best way to pay for things in Bermuda?

kimj88

Mouseketeer
Going on a 5 night cruise Baltimore to Bermuda, overnight in Bermuda. For things in port or in Bermuda in general, like taxis, meals in restaurants, souvenirs, etc. do you need cash or do most places take credit/debit cards?

We just got back from a cruise to Bermuda not too long ago.
We made sure to bring cash and credit card. We used cash for taxis/shared group rides. One way to horseshoe bay beach was about $35 (without tip) in a taxi or $7 per person in a shared van. Major shopping areas in the port / Hamilton accepts credit cards.

We made sure to bring cash and credit card. We used cash for taxis/shared group rides. One way to horseshoe bay beach was about $35 (without tip) in a taxi or $7 per person in a shared van. Major shopping areas in the port / Hamilton accepts credit cards.

Thank you! And on a side note, would you recommend the trip out to horseshoe bay?

Yes! We really enjoyed horseshoe bay. It’s about 30 minute ride from the cruise dock. The beach is gorgeous. On the right side of the beach (near the shop and restaurant) there’s a small cove that’s perfect for toddlers to play in. Swallow calm clear waters and visible small fishes. The main beach is great too. Warm waters and perfect for pictures. The best thing is the bath house is CLEAN with bathrooms, changing room, and showers. Just note, it can get crowded from guests on the cruise ships.

Hi,
Sorry to hijack! Were the shared vans to Horseshoe Bay right when you got off the ship? Or was it something you had to pre-book? TIA!

No need to prebook. The shared vans and taxis are by the transportation area right when you get off the ship. An attendant there will coordinate the rides. Returning to the dock is the same location as drop off by the beach. Attendant is there as well.

The cruise line also offers prebooking transportation for I think twice the cost (or more) so I wouldn’t recommend going through them.

No need to prebook. The shared vans and taxis are by the transportation area right when you get off the ship. An attendant there will coordinate the rides. Returning to the dock is the same location as drop off by the beach. Attendant is there as well.

The cruise line also offers prebooking transportation for I think twice the cost (or more) so I wouldn’t recommend going through them.

Thank you so much for your response!! Did you remember how often they run? I appreciate it!!

Thank you so much for your response!! Did you remember how often they run? I appreciate it!!
For the shared van, it will not leave until every seat in the van is occupied. Which didn’t take long since horseshoe bay is pretty popular. There was always a van or taxi waiting to pick up passengers. And the transportation attendant does a pretty good job moving passengers along and calling in for more rides when needed.

For the shared van, it will not leave until every seat in the van is occupied. Which didn’t take long since horseshoe bay is pretty popular. There was always a van or taxi waiting to pick up passengers. And the transportation attendant does a pretty good job moving passengers along and calling in for more rides when needed.
thank you!!!!

We purchased Water Taxi and bus passes while we were there. I don't recall the price but the bus dropped us right at Horseshoe Bay.
You haven't experienced Bermuda until you ride the Pink Buses! Swizzle Inn took cards and so did the Caverns which are walking distance to each other.

We purchased Water Taxi and bus passes while we were there. I don't recall the price but the bus dropped us right at Horseshoe Bay.
You haven't experienced Bermuda until you ride the Pink Buses! Swizzle Inn took cards and so did the Caverns which are walking distance to each other.
Hello,
May I ask where you purchased the Water Tax and bus passes? TIA!!!

Hello,
May I ask where you purchased the Water Tax and bus passes? TIA!!!
Right at the port there were people with the Pink buses. They set us up with everything we needed. I believe they put us on a bus to Hamilton and we got our tickets there for all the transportation (one ticket for 2 days). The water taxi wasn't running from the port (winter route) at the time, so we had to get it from Hamilton.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!