• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best way to make room request- fax, online check in, or phone?

Ducky'sMom

Mom to a smol bean and a spicy potato <3
Staying at POFQ in less than 2 weeks and wanting to request a ground floor room (we booked garden view). I'd really love building 4 but I'm not sure if ground level building 4 would be too narrow of a request to be fulfilled. Anyways, what way would be best to ensure our room request is seen/possibly fulfilled, or does it seem to make a difference?

We want a top floor room (even if only 2 floor building) so I went through the online booking process to see what requests can be made and it has a drop down menu with 3 choices, which didn't include high floor but ground floor, and I could not see an option to free-type a building request. I didn't go any further and will check in at reception.

Staying at POFQ in less than 2 weeks and wanting to request a ground floor room (we booked garden view). I'd really love building 4 but I'm not sure if ground level building 4 would be too narrow of a request to be fulfilled. Anyways, what way would be best to ensure our room request is seen/possibly fulfilled, or does it seem to make a difference?
Room assignments are made prior to arrival. So, it's best not to wait until you get there to make your request at the front desk. A fax can be honored but the best way is to call and have the CM add a note to your reservation. Keep your requests simple and list them in order of importance. Do not request a specific room because the room assigner will have no idea why you requested it. If they have already assigned it to another party, you could end up with some random room that fits their matrix.

And as always, keep in mind that these are requests, not guarantees. It's possible that you will get building #4 but not ground level, another building at ground level or neither. If you have a physical need for a ground floor such as mobility issues, then include that in your request (but don't be upset if you get a HA room as a result).

What about building 3 or 4? I think 3 & 4 are pretty similar in terms of location and it gives them more options for ground level. Even buildings 5 & 2 are good. Have you stayed here before? It's a really small resort and the buildings are steps away from each other. https://www.wdwinfo.com/resortmaps/port-french.htm

When you get your room assignment, look on a map. If you don't like it go to front desk and request something else. My room requests are usually met at POFQ but I usually only request a certain building number like 3 or 4, 5 or 2. I have stayed there many times and have never gotten 1, 6 or 7 (the really 'far' buildings, lol).

I always do it by phone.

Last edited:

I prefer to make them by phone as I find that often the CMs will provide extra tips for how to exactly word the room request in Disney terms so that we have the best chances at success. We always make requests. I'd say we get our requests (or darn close) about 75%-80% of the time. I appreciate that they do try to honor the requests based on our experiences over the years.

I’d just phone in your request. If you want ground floor, building 4, request it.

They will try to place you there if they can. But it is highly dependent on how many people are checking out of one of those rooms on your check in day and how many other people checking in have made the same request as you.

If ground floor is the most important request, make it clear that that is your priority. Like "Highest priority is ground floor. Second priority is building 4."

I thought I have seen various prior posts that Disney no longer accepts fax for room requests? Even if they did, I would think that to be the most unreliable way as a fax can get lost, equipment issues or it just never gets entered. Making a general type of request probably improves your chance for success. If you request an exact room # (for example), the chance that room will be available is much smaller then a request that can be satisfied by many rooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter