Best title company experience:

I sent the broker this email:

This email is to inform you that I stopped payment on the DVC dues after the September dues were charged.

The reason I want to sell the DVC is because of the dues or maintenance fees.

It seems that now, DVC may try to draw the funds from my account on October 15, less than two weeks from now. The closing date on the original sales contract was for Sept. 20. I was advised by Lauri that the Sept. 20 Closing date was "just the date we thought it would happen."

It seems to me that closing dates are legal dates.

I wonder how this will impact the possible sale? And I understand that the entire dues must be paid for the entire year before Disney will release the estoppel and the sale can be executed.

I am not amenable to paying the maintenance fees for October, November and December.

Is there any information you would like to share with me please?

Please advise soonest.

I sent the broker this email:

This email is to inform you that I stopped payment on the DVC dues after the September dues were charged.

The reason I want to sell the DVC is because of the dues or maintenance fees.

It seems that now, DVC may try to draw the funds from my account on October 15, less than two weeks from now. The closing date on the original sales contract was for Sept. 20. I was advised by Lauri that the Sept. 20 Closing date was "just the date we thought it would happen."

It seems to me that closing dates are legal dates.

I wonder how this will impact the possible sale? And I understand that the entire dues must be paid for the entire year before Disney will release the estoppel and the sale can be executed.

I am not amenable to paying the maintenance fees for October, November and December.

Is there any information you would like to share with me please?

Please advise soonest.

I guess I am confused as to why you are stopping your payment on dues. You will still be responsible for paying those regardless of whether the sale goes through or not as reimbursement can’t come until the sale happens.

It really is too bad that there seems to be no concrete accounting for this in the contract.

When I have bought and sold, it was always clear. As a buyer, it listed what I would be reimbursing the seller at closing..either all or part of them…and as a seller..how much, if any, I expected to be reimbursed.

Keep us posted.

I know I have to pay the MF and I will. But I want out from underneath this contract before I pay again in only 10 days. The contract showed a Sept. 20 closing date. I signed the closing paperwork and Fedexed it to Mason Title on the 16th.

The contract says that the buyer will pay for all of the MF that I paid for the entire year. It seems to me that the buyer may be struggling to get that money together. They likely have to finance the sale as well.

I know many sellers are now working only with a real estate attorney and using Mason Title. So that is a threat to the brokers.

Since then, they wanted screenshots from my account to verify the contract matches the points. I sent it the same day. Then, I asked them if they wanted me to bank the points so they won't get forfeited. They responded the same day.

Sept. 20 was nearly two weeks ago. I want to see what they have to say. If they expect me to pay the MF's and keep waiting for them to close the sale, I don't want to continue waiting for another month. I am going to find a real estate attorney and see if I can get out from underneath them.

I signed the closing papers so it may be that they officially own the property without paying for it. And that could drag out until the end of the year until after I have paid all of the MFs.

I am not playing that game. The brokers put the wrong contract# on their own contract. And then there was a typo with the addendum paperwork too. That stalled the closing paperwork to only four days before closing date.

And now there are more stalls and no one is telling me what's going on. They just want verification that I am not using the points.

Sloppy work. Or-- they are just stalling for some reason.

Thanks for caring. I am going to give them a day to respond and call Disney on Tuesday to find out whether they own my property now even though they haven't paid for it. That may be the case. And I have to just wait until they pay me. They may ask me to accept payments. I am not doing any of that.

Thanks for caring.

Only have 1 contract but used Sweet and was very pleased. Great communication and everything within his control happened quickly.

I know I have to pay the MF and I will. But I want out from underneath this contract before I pay again in only 10 days. The contract showed a Sept. 20 closing date. I signed the closing paperwork and Fedexed it to Mason Title on the 16th.

The contract says that the buyer will pay for all of the MF that I paid for the entire year. It seems to me that the buyer may be struggling to get that money together. They likely have to finance the sale as well.

I know many sellers are now working only with a real estate attorney and using Mason Title. So that is a threat to the brokers.

Since then, they wanted screenshots from my account to verify the contract matches the points. I sent it the same day. Then, I asked them if they wanted me to bank the points so they won't get forfeited. They responded the same day.

Sept. 20 was nearly two weeks ago. I want to see what they have to say. If they expect me to pay the MF's and keep waiting for them to close the sale, I don't want to continue waiting for another month. I am going to find a real estate attorney and see if I can get out from underneath them.

I signed the closing papers so it may be that they officially own the property without paying for it. And that could drag out until the end of the year until after I have paid all of the MFs.

I am not playing that game. The brokers put the wrong contract# on their own contract. And then there was a typo with the addendum paperwork too. That stalled the closing paperwork to only four days before closing date.

And now there are more stalls and no one is telling me what's going on. They just want verification that I am not using the points.

Sloppy work. Or-- they are just stalling for some reason.

Thanks for caring. I am going to give them a day to respond and call Disney on Tuesday to find out whether they own my property now even though they haven't paid for it. That may be the case. And I have to just wait until they pay me. They may ask me to accept payments. I am not doing any of that.

Thanks for caring.

That makes sense! Good luck!

A lot more relaxed today. I heard from the broker today. Seems that all is well. I sale is expected to close on Thursday and I have been promised I will have the money wired to my account on the same day! Wow!! I am looking forward to this being over.

I’ve used Mason twice, first experience was great! The second, which is still in process has not been great. Seller have yet to sign and send their documents (its been over a month I’ve been waiting). When I inquired about the delay I’m told the sellers apologize for the delay they will send them back soon. Then I inquired a second time and I was told they are trying to have them notarized and will fed ex them back— this was 9/20/21. Still nothing! I sent an email yesterday hoping to hear something tmo, according to my paperwork the closing was supposed to happen 9/29. I don’t know what to do
That's not Mason's fault, thats the seller not doing their end of the deal in signing their docs. They have no control over the seller getting their docs back unfortunately. They can poke and prod, but end of the day, not much they can do really.

Your prospective purchase is now "out of contract." The seller needs to know that you can walk away from this deal at any moment. From what I have learned, the contractual agreement ended when the closing date passed. All you need to do is send a letter that you are done with the deal.

It's a drag that the seller isn't following through on what they initiated.

My sale has been delayed b/c the brokers made typographical errors on the contract and now the prospective buyer keeps delaying the process because they keep asking for more details and checking to make sure "everything is in order."

So why did the buyer initiate the purchase?

Either they are serious or they are not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter