Best standard room at Swan?

jstbcuz

DIS Veteran
I am looking to book a standard room at the Swan, but wanted to know if there was an area I should request over another? Any help you can give me on different view locations would be appreciated.

We were just at the Swan and the views aren't very clear cut. At most resorts you basically know exactly what you are getting based on what it says. Standard view seems to be basically a view of some part of the hotel, most likely the front entrance, parking lot, or a little bit of roof. Some of the standard view rooms have quite nice views, while others leave a little bit to be desired. We stayed at the Dolphin twice with a standard view and the first time we had just a view of a roof, and the second time we got a view of the bus stop and the main entrance.

The next category is lake view. This gives you a view of the lake or off to the side to the canal to MGM and the Boardwalk. Lastly are resort views, which I think may be a view of the Dolphin, a view of little courtyard-like garden areas where you see across to other rooms, or possibly a view of the pool- some part of the hotel.

I would book the standard view at the Swan because I really didn't see any possibly awful standard views. The rooms themselves would easily make up for a bad view. Or you could always pay a little extra and upgrade to a lake view like we did on our last trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter