Best shuttle or transportation to Disneyland Hotel from LAX?

And from Disneyland hotel to LGB? I read people having problems getting a Lyft to pick them up. Or is taxi the way to go there too.
I just take Lyft. Generally about the same price ($40-50). I think I had a 5 minute wait for a Lyft from my hotel to LGB last week. Sometimes its been a bit longer of a wait (10 minutes), but drivers usually like the longer drives because they get paid more.

For SNA or LGB your best bet is a taxi. They are right outside the door at SNA and just across the street at LGB. Flat rates for both (~$45). very easy, walk out and you're off.

THIS. I fly down to SNA from the SF bay area once a month on average if not more and honestly many have flat rates from the airport. On average I pay $45 - $50 w/tip.
I've had too many cancellations or those unable to find the pickup area to bother with Uber and Lyft now , also a much closer walk as mentioned.

I always do Uber or Lyft. My last Lyft from SNA to a Harbor Blvd hotel was only $22 before tip but all my trips to/from SNA or LGB typically fall in the high 20s low 30s range. With the Uber credits from my credit cards and points earned from taking rideshares, taxis just don't make sense for me.

I will admit that it is slightly more convenient to get a taxi than rideshares at SNA though.

So I have a similar question....I'm flying into LAX and staying at the DL hotel. I have my eye on two flights...one that lands at 12:10 p.m., the other landing at 2:20 p.m.

Since it's just me, I was thinking of taking one of those scheduled (departing every 30 minutes) shuttle buses from LAX. Have any of you used one of those services before? If so, do you recall how long it takes overall to get to DL? I can't check into my room until 3, so by the time I get my bags, board a shuttle, and get to DL, do you think that 12:10 p.m. arrival is the one to choose?

I hope my question makes sense. It's early and I haven't had any caffeine yet.

So I have a similar question....I'm flying into LAX and staying at the DL hotel. I have my eye on two flights...one that lands at 12:10 p.m., the other landing at 2:20 p.m.

Since it's just me, I was thinking of taking one of those scheduled (departing every 30 minutes) shuttle buses from LAX. Have any of you used one of those services before? If so, do you recall how long it takes overall to get to DL? I can't check into my room until 3, so by the time I get my bags, board a shuttle, and get to DL, do you think that 12:10 p.m. arrival is the one to choose?

Which company are you looking at for these scheduled (departing every 30 minutes) shuttle buses from LAX? As far as I know there are none operating in 2021. I'm a solo female traveller and I used to use Supersuttle before Covid. But they shut down.

All I've done is taken a 30-minute look at the LAX website, and ShuttleOne is the one that stuck out. I didn't see anything about it being shut down due to COVID, but you may very well be right. I can reach out to them once everyone wakes up on the West Coast.

That shuttle bus service was discontinued in 2019.

Last edited:
YIKES. Well then LAX needs a new website manager.

Thanks for the responses. I've been to DL, but it was with a rented car. Never navigated ground transportation from the airport, and trying to do it on the inexpensive side.

All I've done is taken a 30-minute look at the LAX website, and ShuttleOne is the one that stuck out. I didn't see anything about it being shut down due to COVID, but you may very well be right. I can reach out to them once everyone wakes up on the West Coast.

I would be interested in getting more info about this as I have never heard about them. The Supershuttle vans were 9 person vans and the one way fare from LAX to Anaheim was $17 in 2019.

The other shared shuttle company that I know of which other people have used and gets good reviews here on Disboards is Karmel Shuttle. However since Covid, they stopped the shared shuttle and now only offer one party hire.

I just used midwilshuttle and they did an amazing job...very courteous and professional...they were there right on time and even sent me a text a few minutes before letting me know who was coming and what vehicle they were in. they were cheaper than any other shuttle service and comparable to Lyft and Uber pricewise....I definitely recommend them and would not hesitate to use them again

We just used Lansky SNA-DL Hotel and they were great! Got home today. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

I just used midwilshuttle and they did an amazing job...very courteous and professional...they were there right on time and even sent me a text a few minutes before letting me know who was coming and what vehicle they were in. they were cheaper than any other shuttle service and comparable to Lyft and Uber pricewise....I definitely recommend them and would not hesitate to use them again

DEFINITELY a strong second for Midwilshuttle. Small, friendly company. Cheaper than Lansky and, in our experience, much more approachable and communicative (this is at the booking stage - we chose not to book with Lansky so can't speak to their after-booking service).

How far in advance would you book a car service like Lansky?
I like to book car service at least a few weeks out, but most companies will accept bookings up until the last minute. Usually if they don’t have a driver or car available, they will subcontract it out to a qualified affiliate.
Lansky has recently made a major increase in their rates, so I highly suggest you check out In Style Transportation, a company I have used three times and absolutely loved. Their rates are better than Lansky and the cars are much nicer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter