Best Seafood restaurant?

Frankly, looking at the menu at Flying Fish, I was disappointed that for seafood they only had 4 menu choices. They had 4 non-seafood choices. Are they more seafood-forward now?

Frankly, looking at the menu at Flying Fish, I was disappointed that for seafood they only had 4 menu choices. They had 4 non-seafood choices. Are they more seafood-forward now?
No, the current menu is pretty similar to what’s been offered for many years. A number of seafood-oriented apps, a small selection of seafood entrees (snapper, salmon, sea bass, scallops, a pasta dish with seafood sauce), steak, chicken, a vegetarian option. Preparations and sides have varied as head chefs have rotated through the restaurant, but Flying Fish has never had a really broad selection of seafood entrees, considering the name of the restaurant. However, I’ve always found the seafood to be very well done and DW has always enjoyed her selections choosing either the scallops or something from the non-seafood options.

No, the current menu is pretty similar to what’s been offered for many years. A number of seafood-oriented apps, a small selection of seafood entrees (snapper, salmon, sea bass, scallops, a pasta dish with seafood sauce), steak, chicken, a vegetarian option. Preparations and sides have varied as head chefs have rotated through the restaurant, but Flying Fish has never had a really broad selection of seafood entrees, considering the name of the restaurant. However, I’ve always found the seafood to be very well done and DW has always enjoyed her selections choosing either the scallops or something from the non-seafood options.
They will have three daily seafood specials too….

I love Boathouse, and if you make a reservation near sunset you can sit on the deck!
I love the boat house, but personally, as someone who grew up on a lobster boat…. They are a crab and clam restaurant as opposed to a true sea food restaurant.

Don’t get me wrong, it is my son and I’s last Disney meal every trip. And we always get a few dozen oysters, but more of a crab house

I have eaten twice at Bluezoo in the past year and both were times it was underwhelming at best. I doubt we will return, at least for awhile.

Narcoossee’s, Boathouse and Flying Fish - in that order - are our regulars.

Morimoto’s Asia

Not technically a seafood restaurant
But amazing sushi….

Sit at the upstairs bar if you can

BlueZoo or Flying Fish. Both are amazing.
If you are only looking for Seafood, Bluezoo.

Flying Fish is wonderful.

I'm also curious for reviews of Paddlefish and Boathouse. I'm considering them and a few other DS places for a nice meal in November.

We had Paddlefish March of '22 and REALLY enjoyed it. There were six of us and no one complained. We especially enjoyed their crab legs, which I don't see on the Boathouse menu.

I think it kind of depends on what your priority is in seafood. For example, if you want crab legs or scallops, that will narrow down your options somewhat. Lobster seems to be more common than crab legs for availability, whereas a good salmon can be found at most restaurants, even those not geared to seafood so much.

ETA: I realized it sounds like I'm being obtuse with my statement, so let me clarify why it came up. I consider "seafood" as crab, lobster, oysters, scallops, etc. When I asked my dad (with whom I spoke not long before this post) to clarify what he meant by "really good seafood", he mentioned sea bass, grouper, and one other fish, but none of the items that popped into my head when he used the quoted phrase.

Last edited:
I love the boat house, but personally, as someone who grew up on a lobster boat…. They are a crab and clam restaurant as opposed to a true sea food restaurant.

Don’t get me wrong, it is my son and I’s last Disney meal every trip. And we always get a few dozen oysters, but more of a crab house
Do they ever offer crab legs, in your experience? I see crab cakes and lump crab on the regular menu and lots of oyster options on the special daily menu, but not crab legs (which is my fav).

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter