Best SAP resort?

More points can make a difference at 7 months too, maybe just not as pronounced as 11 month home resort.

For example:

Say I’m trying to book Jan 28 - Feb 2. Looking right now that is just beyond 7 months and there’s a nice selection of options. With 150 points I could book Jan 26 - Feb 2, then just cancel day 1 and 2 once inside the 7 month window. 50 points would have a much harder time with that type of strategy.
Funny example, thats my exact situation right now. lol
My 7-month window opens tonight, & if i had the extra points id be able to book it already.
As it is im 5 points short of my entire goal/trip so its gonna get interesting this week.

Why would I spend $30k vs $35k upfront covering a 30-40-50 year term and be left to "left overs" from others? Especially when the total cost is going to be higher when taking into account the MFs, flights, food, tickets, and all the other expenses. Long term that $5k or $3k or whatever it is will not amount to a huge difference for getting the benefit of a better location next to the parks.

Why would I buy where I want to stay when the total cost different long term is going to be negligible
Yes. DVC is a large and long commitment. Along with price, future potential was important to us. A slight premium improving options and satisfaction increased the value, especially when only a small increase in yearly price.

My 7-month window opens tonight, & if i had the extra points id be able to book it already.
As it is im 5 points short of my entire goal/trip so its gonna get interesting this week.
Good luck! Hope you get it.

Don’t forget you can buy 5 one-time use points when you book at the 7-month window. $19 each. It’s hard to get that few as a transfer from another owner.

edited to correct cost of OTUP - they're $22 each. Sorry I forgot they had increased.

Last edited:
Don’t forget you can buy 5 one-time use points when you book at the 7-month window. $19 each. It’s hard to get that few as a transfer from another owner.

I think the main issue a lot of people run into is that you don't have enough points for 11-month bookings and also cannot use purchased one-time points for home resort bookings.

At the 7-month window, you can buy one-time points, but many will be able to get the extra required points from other non-home-resort contracts.

I'm currently having this exact issue as well with an Aulani 2024 booking - after borrowing from 2025, I'm still 16 points short for the last needed night. At 7 months from the first night, I can get those missing 16 points using a different contract in the same use year and add the extra night. For that resort, I don't expect it will be a problem.

Why is Disney's Riviera Resort acronym interchangeably RR or DRR, whereas Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort always SSR (never DSSR)?
It’s very important that every abbreviation is exactly 3 letters. That’s why we have to explain what PVB is 11 times a month. Poly doesn’t fit the system.

Some resorts need “villas” or “resort” to get to 3 abbrevs, like BWV or SSR. Others are good already like OKW or HHI. Vero Beach doesn’t fit but nobody cares about Vero Beach.

So when Disney gave us a resort that didn’t have enough letters to get to 3, we panicked. Last time this happened we all just chopped the word off, with AUL, so some decided to do that again with RIV, but others wanted to make a more deliberate abbreviation of the word, hence the proliferation of RVA, which more cleanly reads as Riviera, but others wanted the more common TLA, and so we got DRR, as for whatever reason, Disney has decided that Riviera, like Saratoga Springs and Old Key West, isn’t deserving of the “villas” title.

When? In 2021 when it was easy because of the pandemic? Or this year as it's still ramping up for 7 month difficulty.

People at BWV were have issues getting rooms in the fall during the priority window even.

SAP means be okay with staying at your home resort or be more flexible.

Additionally as pointed out it's less likely you get the lower point required rooms as well.
Yeah, I mentioned 2020 as my start... So not steeped in years and years of 7 month disappointment and frustrations... at least not yet

Jan 2021 - Most definitely got into beach club and boardwalk std view easily because of pandemic ( and boarding group 1 for RotR :) )

Still so far, I don't mind stalking, and for example have been able to put together week long September studio stays in 2022 and 2023.

You make a good point, flexibility is important at 7 months... may have to zig and zag to put a week together.

If not willing to try a variety - for sure should buy at resort you want... We dig the variety - can't wait for the ft wilderness cabins!!

Good Luck! Have Fun!

PS I agree... They should all be 3 letters... And hey! I like vero! (V3B? VBV? VER? ... dang it)

Last edited:
(I probably need to decide today/tomorrow to leverage my Chase no plan fee benefit by the 30th)
Does your offer expire the 30th? I've seen other references to this. I thought if you were eligible, your first my chase plan was free with no current expiration. Is there a way to check on the expiration if there is one?

Does your offer expire the 30th? I've seen other references to this. I thought if you were eligible, your first my chase plan was free with no current expiration. Is there a way to check on the expiration if there is one?
Sadly, it's pretty clear about the June 30th deadline: "Enjoy no interest plus $0 plan fees on the first My Chase Plan® you create by June 30, 2023" Since I still haven't done anything, I'm wondering if it's even too late because I don't know how long it would take to hit my card. Plus, it's not the card I would have really wanted the points on (Marriott Bonvoy :P - I had a similar offer on my Disney Visa last year). There is a part of me that says hope MB stays in place through Sept so I can take off a few extra months of dues, build up more of a nest egg to pay this off, and maybe investigate a card that would offer 3% or more to take the sting out of such a large upfront purchase. There is ZERO chance I would finance, nor would I carry the charges on my card and not pay it off. What I liked about the My Chase Plan was to spread it over 24 months - $1K/month makes it MUCH easier vs. all at once. Sigh. Some days being a grownup sucks. Would be lovely to just be impulsive and buy the points without worrying :confused3

And either of those are better than the 500 times a week it get's spelled "Riveria" (which boggles my mind because even on these forums, it's flagged by spell check).
LOL AGREED. I nearly made a thread on this. That is my most hated spelling of it yet it’s so prevalent on here and even on the DVC fan facebook group 🤦‍♂️

And either of those are better than the 500 times a week it get's spelled "Riveria" (which boggles my mind because even on these forums, it's flagged by spell check).
I think Aulani wins #1 for misspelled DVC resort

Sadly, it's pretty clear about the June 30th deadline: "Enjoy no interest plus $0 plan fees on the first My Chase Plan® you create by June 30, 2023" Since I still haven't done anything, I'm wondering if it's even too late because I don't know how long it would take to hit my card. Plus, it's not the card I would have really wanted the points on (Marriott Bonvoy :P - I had a similar offer on my Disney Visa last year). There is a part of me that says hope MB stays in place through Sept so I can take off a few extra months of dues, build up more of a nest egg to pay this off, and maybe investigate a card that would offer 3% or more to take the sting out of such a large upfront purchase. There is ZERO chance I would finance, nor would I carry the charges on my card and not pay it off. What I liked about the My Chase Plan was to spread it over 24 months - $1K/month makes it MUCH easier vs. all at once. Sigh. Some days being a grownup sucks. Would be lovely to just be impulsive and buy the points without worrying :confused3
Just an FYI - I checked today and have a few transactions from after 6/30 that are eligible for the My Chase Plan. When I go through the steps, it shows no fees. Not sure how long this might last or if it's different by account. I don't recall ever seeing anything specifically for my account regarding an expiration, which is why I asked in the first place.

Just an FYI - I checked today and have a few transactions from after 6/30 that are eligible for the My Chase Plan. When I go through the steps, it shows no fees. Not sure how long this might last or if it's different by account. I don't recall ever seeing anything specifically for my account regarding an expiration, which is why I asked in the first place.
Same. I just checked a purchase and it showed the $0 Plan It fee from Chase. Looks like it's still an active offer.

facebook twitter