• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Best restaurant to Pop the Question

I asked at Narcossee's and planned it for when I asked the fireworks would go off. Call and talk to the manager. I can't remember her name but she was so GREAT. She arranged for Cinderella Slipper dessert to be brought over from Alberts. She loved it. :thumbsup2

Narcossee's as well, and do plan around the fireworks. I would arrange to have the Cinderella Slipper dessert made too.

I agree with those that said Victoria and Albert's. It is a lovely restaurant and the food is unbelievable. I think it is the only 5 star restaurant in Orlando. My DH and I ate there about 5 years ago and thought it was one of the best restaurants we'd ever eaten in. On the same tier as Charlie Trotter's in Chicago if you're familiar with that. The food is very "fancy" but it tastes like a delight!

I know some of you said that you used the Pixies. What did you use them for other than for an engagement. We will be going back in the future with 10 family members and maybe you could suggest something? Thanks!

My husband used the "pixie" service for our engagement. I know friends who have used them for birthdays and special events. My one girlfriend had a scavenger hunt set up the lead to Victoria and Albert's for her sister's birthday. I would call them and talk to them about the kind of things you want!

The most romantic meal DH and I had on our honeymoon was our Private Dining Experience at the Grand Floridian. They set up our own table for 2 along the water at the GF in a place they call The Alcove. Everything was pre-ordered - meal/wine/dessert and we sat by ourselves at a candlelit table with a view of the Castle and Wishes. It was truly magical.

It was pricier than going to a restaurant (although, cheaper than V & A's), but so worth the experience! :)

Can I ask how you arranged this??? That sounds like a wonderful experience and I would love to set it up for DH and I on our upcoming trip in Jan!! Do tell!!

I know some of you said that you used the Pixies. What did you use them for other than for an engagement. We will be going back in the future with 10 family members and maybe you could suggest something? Thanks!

We take our adult children once a year. This past year DS31 brought his fiancee, Kelly, for her first trip with us after the engagement. We did a scavenger hunt at MK for 2 hours. Kelly had to find all of these clues that were going to lead her to a special treasure left for her by Tinkerbell and the rest of us followed her around as she set out on her mission. At the end, she had a treasure chest with a gift from us plus a letter welcoming her to our family. Only my DH and I knew about this--other kids were in the dark and I'm not sure until the very end if anyone of them had figured out that it was me who had arranged this. Even though we knew what was going on, we didn't see the "pixies" until after it was all over. They are very good at what they do. I wanted a tinkerbell theme for the hunt and they did an unbelievable job. It was the most fun!!

So much to choose from. Neither of us are spring chickens any more but I do intend to may this a nice night for her. I'll be sure to let everyone know how it turns out.

Mikey

I would second Narcoosee's , and time it right so that you iwll be viewing Wishes. After seeing Wishes then you can pop the question and make all her wishes come true!

The most romantic meal DH and I had on our honeymoon was our Private Dining Experience at the Grand Floridian. They set up our own table for 2 along the water at the GF in a place they call The Alcove. Everything was pre-ordered - meal/wine/dessert and we sat by ourselves at a candlelit table with a view of the Castle and Wishes. It was truly magical.

It was pricier than going to a restaurant (although, cheaper than V & A's), but so worth the experience! :)

how do you set this up?

how do you set this up?

momandseandodisney and antkim -
The Private Dining experience is set up through the private dining person at GF. If you call the GF Front Desk and ask for the Private Dining coordinator, they will connect you. The WDW-DINE number can get you the number for the front desk. (I looked but don't have it anymore as it was 11 months ago now!)

It's a pretty easy process...you can choose your location (from 3 different areas), your menu (from any items on the menus at any GF restaurant), and there is a minimum dollar amount that covers the services of a private "butler" or server. You do not need to be staying at the GF, and they have back-up locations in case of bad weather. Also, you can pretty much request anything that you can think of to make your experience special! From rose petals on the table, to a customized dessert...Disney'll make the magic happen :)

Anyway, the coordinator will help you plan and discuss your options. Everything will be confirmed via email and you give your credit card (I asked to give mine via phone, as I didn't want to send that in an email) as a guarantee, but you won't be charged until your event occurs. They include 18% gratuity.

I hope that covers some of the biggest questions...and I hope it helps you plan a memorable event! If you have any other specific questions, please feel free to drop me a PM! Have fun!! :)

The Private Dining experience is set up through the private dining person at GF. If you call the GF Front Desk and ask for the Private Dining coordinator, they will connect you. The WDW-DINE number can get you the number for the front desk. (I looked but don't have it anymore as it was 11 months ago now!)

It's a pretty easy process...you can choose your location (from 3 different areas), your menu (from any items on the menus at any GF restaurant), and there is a minimum dollar amount that covers the services of a private "butler" or server. You do not need to be staying at the GF, and they have back-up locations in case of bad weather. Also, you can pretty much request anything that you can think of to make your experience special! From rose petals on the table, to a customized dessert...Disney'll make the magic happen :)

Anyway, the coordinator will help you plan and discuss your options. Everything will be confirmed via email and you give your credit card (I asked to give mine via phone, as I didn't want to send that in an email) as a guarantee, but you won't be charged until your event occurs. They include 18% gratuity.

I hope that covers some of the biggest questions...and I hope it helps you plan a memorable event! If you have any other specific questions, please feel free to drop me a PM! Have fun!! :)

Thank you Thank you Thank you! I am going to call this a.m.!!

MY now DH proposed to me on a wishes cruise as trhe firworks went off.... it was perfect!!!

Just another idea!!

Great! Calling . . .

I hope she doesn't read these boards. Okay - I love the idea of Artist Point. Wilderness Lodge in itself is a very romantic setting as is Artist Point. Food is certainly delicious. Other ideas: CA Grille (do it when the fireworks are going off), Victoria and Alberts (if you want to spend a wad), or Narcoosee's. However, I prefer your first instinct of Artist Point.

Best of luck to you - marriage is a wonderful thing. I've been married 13 great years and wouldn't trade it for the world.

PamNC

I second the Narcoosee's idea. DH and I were just there this month and watched the fireworks from our table. The music from the fireworks was piped in. Besides that, it was the most delicious meal.

Depending on her personality, if she doesn't like lots of attraction, I'd wait till after dinner and take a stroll along the beach at GF to propose. If you propose at the restaurant or just outside on the deck, there will be people around. It all depends on how you want to do it. Good luck!!! :cheer2:

So this is strange! I called private dining and they said that they only offer 2 areas....the yacht and a section off of the concierge area. She said she has been doing this for over a year and they have no access to the beach!! When did you do this??

So this is strange! I called private dining and they said that they only offer 2 areas....the yacht and a section off of the concierge area. She said she has been doing this for over a year and they have no access to the beach!! When did you do this??

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to imply it was in the sand...although, that would be way cool! Ours was November 2006, and we were at the location they call The Alcove, it's on the promenade, right next to the water. If you walk from the beach area (headed toward Magic Kingdom), past the marina area, there's a promenade path that goes straight past one of the buildings to the edge of the lake and it's a dead end...so, no other people passing by. Very very beautiful.

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to imply it was in the sand...although, that would be way cool! Ours was November 2006, and we were at the location they call The Alcove, it's on the promenade, right next to the water. If you walk from the beach area (headed toward Magic Kingdom), past the marina area, there's a promenade path that goes straight past one of the buildings to the edge of the lake and it's a dead end...so, no other people passing by. Very very beautiful.

That sounds WONDEFUL!! She insisted that the only 2 places that they do the private dining is the yacht and a balcony area off of the concierge lounge! She said it was on the 3rd floor and looks out towards the MK. Do you remember who set it up for you? She also said that if I had your name she could look up your past res. so that she could refer to it. If you don't mind you could IM me your name but it is not necessary...I can ask about the Alcove!!

Thanks!

Okay,

I decided on Narcoosee's after getting some info from my GF. I have an *;20 ressie on the 1st...late enough to have the fireworks. I'll see what kind of seat I can get when we get down there. I have just about everything as a surprise for her. The only thing she is picking out is lunch at Epcot!
Now the fun starts...the ring (and paying for it)!

Mikey

Does anyone have a picture of the Cinderella dessert served at GF? I'm thinking about using this as the vehicle for giving her the ring.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter