Best restaurant to celebrate adult birthday but have a 2y/o in the group

smcilwain

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone,
We have been to WDW many times and enjoy eating out at nice restaurants, especially when celebrating Birthdays. We have been to Citricos, Narcoosees at GF, California Grill at Contemp., amongst many others. This is out first time travelling to WDW with a 2 year old, however we still want to celebrate my parent's Birthday's at a nice location. Any suggestions on an environment that would be appropriate for a party of 5 adults and one toddler?

Thanks for the help in advance!

So this depends on the toddler more than anything. I've brought my 20 month old to Narcoosees, Toledo, and Tiffins without an issue. The key with a kid that age is to book dinner early. If you can book something on the early side like 5 PM and bring a coloring book/crayons or something else to keep them occupied, there's no reason why a 2 year old can't go to any of the restaurants you've mentioned.
And pack some goldfish to keep the hanger at bay.

I like Boma and Ohana for a celebration-type meal. The fancier signatures you mentioned feel more like "date night" than "birthday celebration" to me, even without a little one.

What about something entertaining, like Hoop Dee Doo? Completely different from the restaurants you’ve celebrated at before, but a lot of fun for the adults and the toddler.

I suggest GF Cafe. It's a fave of ours for breakfast or lunch. GF Cafe is more homey, I think, than the other GF restaurants.

GF Cafe combines a cheery, cozy atmosphere with creative dishes that adults enjoying Citricos or Narcoosees will favor. I'm particularly fond of the Heirloom Apple Salad and Miso Glazed Salmon.

I think the apple crisp easily as good as homemade. You can ask them to omit the coconut milk "ice cream" if you don't want it or need this dessert dairy-free. I love this one because so few desserts are both gluten and dairy-free.

I took my 2yr old and 4yr old to California Grill on our last trip and didn't think they were out of place. There were lots of other kids around too.

I took my 2yr old and 4yr old to California Grill on our last trip and didn't think they were out of place. There were lots of other kids around too.
We did this when the kids were 4 & 7. The wait staff were helpefuls but this was 1998. Have a plan if the 2yo acts up.

There are always lots of kids in Disney restaurants and I don't think anyone bats an eye. However, you just have to know your kid. Bring things to keep them occupied---I even saw parents at dinners with tablets at the table for their kids to stream shows. No judgement here---whatever you need to do to find balance in relaxing yourself and keeping your kid happy. My kids are elementary age now, but we have been bringing them to places all over property since they were each 2. My biggest recommendation would be to check the menu and make sure there is something they will eat. This trip I noticed there not being as big of a variety on menus which limited where we made ADR's due to my oldest being a very picky eater. And if your kid starts screaming and won't stop---I beg of you to take them outside. We had a meal where a child was literally ear piercing screaming in my ear from the table behind us and it was on the verge of driving me absolutely crazy.

No judgement here---whatever you need to do to find balance in relaxing yourself and keeping your kid happy

Just PLEASE have headphones. That is my biggest issue with screens at tables - when people don't put in headphones so everyone within range hears the show/movie/game. If you don't put headphones in and on I *WILL* judge you.

And if your kid starts screaming and won't stop---I beg of you to take them outside. We had a meal where a child was literally ear piercing screaming in my ear from the table behind us and it was on the verge of driving me absolutely crazy.

Also this!! Nothing ruins a meal like parents pretending to ignore their screaming offspring so they can finish their own meal.

I have to vote for Boathouse in Disney Springs. There's a lot on the menu to choose from, they are owned by Gibson's Steakhouse in Chicago, Food is delicious, and no one will notice if a two year old is a little fussy. It is a little noisy, but fun.

Are your parents interested in more themed dinners? If yes, you could do Hoop Dee Doo, Jungle Skipper Canteen, or Story Booking Dining at Artists Point.

For somewhere more casual but still nice, Homecomin or Whispering Canyon Cafe have good food but will easily welcome a 2 yo.

If the child is good at restaurants, Flying Fish or Topolino's would both be special dinners.

The entrees at Story Book Dinner at Artist Point are outstanding! My gnocchi ranked far better than anything at our Narcoossee's meal. They also have delicious cocktails, apps, and dessert.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter