Best restaurant experience for adult night out

Hayduke

Mouseketeer
For our upcoming trip we're planning on utilizing the hard rock kids club to have an adult night out. Looking for suggestions on the absolute best option, could be any of the hotels, in the parks or city walk. I was thinking Palms, since they will take reservations, but Steakhouse isn't really our favorite, and I'd prefer we leave the hotel we're staying in.

We're fine with whatever price-point as long as it'll be an overall enjoyable experience.

Hmm, could use more data points. I'm assuming you at the HRH given the kids club comment. What type of food do you guys like vs what you don't like might be more helpful.

My first thought was to Bice at Portofino Bay if you guys like Italian food. Get some nice bottles of wine, and your set! I think the Palm is also another good choice for a nice adult sit-down dinner too.

Thanks, I'll check out Bice.

Yeah, we're at HRH, but open to traveling to anywhere in the parks/hotels. Preferred food type: good. Hahaha. We're pretty flexible as long as it's quality.

I tried Bice - would not recommend - its a nice experience but the food was disappointing - there were almost no beets in the roasted beet salad. I got the Veal shank and it was very dry and tasteless.

I have heard a lot of good things about the Palms, but did not get a chance to try.

Kitchen was also disappointing - I just got a burger and I think the burger in the park was better.

I also went to Shulas over at Disney - and it was nothing great.

The best food I had all week was the tapas at Strong Water Tavern - I had the Curry Goat, Octopus and the pork belly Tacos - all were amazing

I'd probably lean towards Bice if I was looking for a grown-up vibe. Raeven's May trip report had a really positive review of Bice if the menu intrigues you - https://www.disboards.com/threads/a...e-completed-7-16.3837829/page-3#post-63146080
We're hoping to get over there ourselves.

Antojito's might be an option for you as well, if you like Mexican food - it has a kind of grown-up vibe as well. Dark and atmospheric, have a few margaritas kind of a night.

I personally love Cowfish, I had great experiences with their food, but if the menu doesn't grab you I wouldn't say it's a "date" location - it's rather bustling and a little bright.

Antojito's might be an option for you as well, if you like Mexican food - it has a kind of grown-up vibe as well. Dark and atmospheric, have a few margaritas kind of a night.

I personally love Cowfish, I had great experiences with their food, but if the menu doesn't grab you I wouldn't say it's a "date" location - it's rather bustling and a little bright.

Thanks! Funny enough both Cowfish and Antojitos are on our "with the kids" list... all our kids are pretty adventurous eaters (sushi and burgers together blows their minds) and love the atmosphere of Antojitos.

How about Bar 17 Bistro? That's the rooftop bar/eatery on the Rooftop at Aventura. The views are beautiful and the menu, while small, looks fairly decent. And not sure what day of the week you're planning on doing it but on Friday's and Saturday's they have a live DJ from 8:00pm - midnight while you can enjoy some after dinner cocktails.

Here's the Menu:
https://bar-17-bistro.constantcontactsites.com/bites

It really depends what you like and how much you want to spend.
We love Cowfish, with out kids.
If we are looking for a great night out, Bice cannot be beat, but its not cheap.
Going back again in April and looking forward to it agian.

How about Bar 17 Bistro? That's the rooftop bar/eatery on the Rooftop at Aventura. The views are beautiful and the menu, while small, looks fairly decent. And not sure what day of the week you're planning on doing it but on Friday's and Saturday's they have a live DJ from 8:00pm - midnight while you can enjoy some after dinner cocktails.

Here's the Menu:
https://bar-17-bistro.constantcontactsites.com/bites
This place has so much potential - but its just wasted
Im not sure what it is but the atmosphere is just off and kind of dull - I've given it several chances.
The food was also just average at best

I do enjoy Antojitos but yeah that is a place you can bring the kids

Are you open to going off site? We loved Cafe Tu Tu Tango on IDrive. Funky atmosphere and some really inventive tapas.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone--I think as long as we can pull this off (kids comfortable with the kids club and parents comfortable they're taking appropriate COVID precautions seriously), we settled on Bice. We've never been to Portofino, so it'll be a good excuse to leave HR and have a nice evening walk over there.

We've always enjoyed the dueling pianos at Pat Obriens. Not sure what the status is during COVID.

The dueling pianos are playing. We had a lot of fun there a couple weeks ago. Only drawback is it isn’t open every day. I think it was limited to Thursday through Sunday when we were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter