Best resort with a 3 year old.

DeniseMarie526

Whenever you pack your bags, never forget the pixi
My sister is taking my Niece down to the world for her third birthday. Please share you opinions of the best resort to stay at with her and why. Also any must do's for them. My kids were older when we first visited. Thanks!

Are you looking for a value, moderate, or deluxe?

A three year old will probably find MK or AK the best parks. I'd probably pick the CR for a child that age because you can walk from the MK to the hotel very easily. You don't have to worry about putting a stroller on the monorail or ferry.
AKL is another nice choice for a young animal lover.

They are currently booked at the Polynesian but are thinking of rebooking.

Any of the monorail resorts are good for that age, IMO. We like the option of walking from CR. But have decided to try GF this time around for a change.

I was going to suggest the Poly. We love the Poly for the great atmosphere, the volcano pool as it backs up to the beach and being able to see the castle while swimming, being just 2 stops away from MK via the monorail, Captain Cooks for quick CS meals, and having the beach for watching the fireworks with a short walk back to your room without having to fight the crowds out of MK. If it were me, I'd stick with the Poly. But if a change is made, I would definitely stay with a monorail resort (especially if MK will be the main park).

If you really want a kiddo that small to remember their resort, book a value resort with the outrageous themeing. If you are booking it for easy of access, book something on the monorail or Crescent Lake.

I would stay at the Poly unless you wanted to get something cheaper. The transportation access is great. :thumbsup2

We were at the Wilderness Lodge with a three year old. She loved the pool and riding the boats. She also loved running down the ramp that led to ground level and walking over the bridge in the lobby. It was nice to be at a small resort with everything under one roof. But the bus rides to the other three parks were long, since the bus always stopped at a second resort to pick up people.

I'm going to go ahead and put in a good word for anything that appeals to you as an adult. No matter how many people on this site swear up and down that their toddler's Disney trip was a life-changing experience, I can pretty much promise you that a 3 year old is not going to get that much out of any Disney-specific experience. Sure, they'll enjoy the bright colors and fun activities going on around them, and they may know some of the characters, but it is very likely that they will remember very little of the trip. They could care less that they were at the Poly volcano pool as opposed to any other pool on property; they will enjoy any pool you decide to take them to.

My advice would be to book for convenience knowing you have a toddler, if one of the monorail or Epcot resorts is in the budget. Otherwise, base your decision on what the adults will enjoy. My son was 1 month shy of his 3rd birthday when we went, and he enjoyed the buses, the BWI pools and the Mickey ice cream bar the most.

I'd say either:
- Art of Animation
- Something on the Monorail Line
- Beach Club
- Caribbean Beach Resort (due to the pools)

With the Deluxes you've also got easy access to character meals - the breakfast at Cape May, Chef Mickey's, Ohana breakfast, 1900 Park Fare.

Something on the monorail for close access to parks. But if that isn't one of your concerns I would Beach Club/Yacht Club. Great pools and it also has access to Epcot and Hollywood Studios. A boat load cheaper too.

Honestly, decide which parks you are going to go to and stay as close as possible to the one that you will be spending the most time at. If I were gign with a three year old I would stay at an MK resort since I thinik I would be spending the most time there.

Of course I detest Disney transporation and I still change resorts a ton to avoid busses, etc.

I do 4 nights at BLT so I can walk to MK, 4 nights at BC so I can walk to Epcot and Studios and 6-7 nights at OKW with a car so I can do whatever I want! lol.

I'd pick the Poly since you have the nice beach area for sand play, plus easy access to the MK and Epcot. And nice views of the MK fireworks at night, since the 3 year old may be tired and they may not want to be in the middle of the crowds on Main Street.

A 3 year old will love Disney regardless of what resort she is at. :goodvibes

That being said - I would definately stay at the Poly.
We stayed there several times when our kids were in strollers and the convience was, as they say, priceless. The theming is beautiful, sandy beach to play with a view of the Castle, zero entry pool, fabulous food choices..:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter