Best Resort to Stay at with no park visits

We've done a few no park trips -- all at SSR which we enjoyed very much due to spread of that resort, number of pools, and proximity to DS.

Reading this thread is making me want to try AKV though. :)

We just finished a non-park trip and stayed at SSR. It was great! We stayed right next to the Paddocks pool. We walked to DS and went to the AMC movie theater, Splittsville, and the restaurants (loved Raglan Road!). We did do dinner at Boma one night and for our next non-park trip that's where I want to stay for all the reasons previously mentioned.

I would personally vote for AKV Jambo, but I have a bias since it is my favorite WDW resort. I could spend a whole day just watching the animals. Personally I like Jambo better because it has more restaurants.

I would go with AKV Kidani. It's remote, you have a great pool area and a nice Savannah view. I'm just wondering why BCV isn't a consideration? SAB is probably the best pool on property. They always seem to have a bunch of activities going on. The Boardwalk is nearby as is Fantasia Mini golf. Plus you can watch Illuminations.

When we do not go to the parks we love to stay at Beach Club. The pool is awesome and we can stay out there all day. We love to get ice cream in the afternoon at Beaches & Creme and go over to the Boardwalk at night or watch Epcot fireworks. I do wish they had a community hall though as my daughter likes to go in there. They do usually have an awesome kids pool activites from about 1-5. We also love Cape May character breakfast.

We did a resort only stay at SSR and loved it. There was a lot to do. We are going to be at Kidani for our next stay and I chose it because there are a ton of cultural activities plus the community hall.

Another plus for SSR is that it is quick to the Springs bus stop where you can catch a bus to all the other resorts, including one to a great day walking around the campgrounds. I personally like the Wilderness Lodge because of the walk to the campgrounds.

I hope the OP doesn't mind me asking a question. It sounds like BCV has the best pool of all WDW resorts, but it lacks a community hall. So, which resort with a community hall has a pool that would come close to the one at BCV? I am starting to think about at which WDW resort we should spend a few non-park days before boarding a DCL cruise. TIA.

LAX

That raises another question in my mind. Do DVC members have to stay at a resort to use the community hall? Could you stay at BCV for the pool access but go over and hang out at the BWV community hall if you wanted? Or do the community halls check your magic band before letting you in?

I hope the OP doesn't mind me asking a question. It sounds like BCV has the best pool of all WDW resorts, but it lacks a community hall. So, which resort with a community hall has a pool that would come close to the one at BCV? I am starting to think about at which WDW resort we should spend a few non-park days before boarding a DCL cruise. TIA.

LAX

The resorts with Community halls are SSR, BWV, BLT, OKW and AKV(Kidani). Also VWL/CCV is having one added. That will leave BCV, VGF and PVB as the three resorts without. As one who doesn't necessarily think SAB is the best pool I'll leave others to respond but it's subjective. I will say that SSR gives the most options for pools.

That raises another question in my mind. Do DVC members have to stay at a resort to use the community hall? Could you stay at BCV for the pool access but go over and hang out at the BWV community hall if you wanted? Or do the community halls check your magic band before letting you in?
You may go use any of them.

We do this every other year.. BCV is great because of the pool and Recreation ops...last we stayed at GFV and it was great also...great pool restaurants and a ton of things to do...When we don't do parks we do so much stuff..last year we went bass fishing, rented boats, played a round of golf, went bowling, went to Disney Quest, went to La Nouba, and spent a lot of time in the pools.... did all the stuff that we never get to do when we go to the parks...also DVC had the member beach bash at Typhoon lagoon.... we also have stayed at AKL OKW and BWV when not doing the parks

+1 for SSR, particularly because of the proximity to Disney Springs and the ability to catch a bus to all the other resorts! I weighed in on my purchase options between AKV and SSR when buying my first DVC contract, and ultimately SSR was the winner for me. We only go to the parks every other year, but go to WDW at least twice a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter