Best Resort Holiday Displays

I have wondered about the campgrounds. We will have a car, can we just drive around the campgrounds? We have never been there, any suggestions?

I have wondered about the campgrounds. We will have a car, can we just drive around the campgrounds? We have never been there, any suggestions?

No,you can't take your car into the Campground.:)

You can park at the "front" of FW and ride the bus into FW OR,and this is what I like to do,take the FW boat from Magic Kingdom.:)

Many of the best displays are within walking distance from the FW Dock.:)

Wow, leave a thread for a day or so and you come back to lots of help, thanks! :thumbsup2 Those pictures are great, definitely have to check Yacht Club out! I'd heard good things about FW, how they really get into holidays there, Halloween as well as Christmas, gotta camp in there during those times; I've camped there a few times, but not during any holidays. I don't think I've seen anything the Contemporary; I'd assume they had a great display there, but maybe not...?

Subbing this, so I remember to put a pen to paper in the planning next week!!! This is great! We are doing dinner at O'hana one night, so maybe we plan on doing the monorail hotels that evening. :thumbsup2

Sorry, I was reading through, taking notes ;) and noticed 4 Ears did mention the Contemporary does have a display - sorry!

Thanks to everyone that's posting, and please, if you've seen something special in the way of holiday decorations at the resorts, feel free to post - I'm putting my 'route' together, and am getting really excited about this daytrip! :goodvibes

I've never done any reports here; if I was to do one after we do the holiday resort hopping, should it go in that section or can I just put it in this thread?

When does Disney usually have the resorts decorated for Christmas. I am planning to go next year in November and want to be there when the resorts are decorated. Is it the week of the Veteran's Day holiday or the the week after (which is the week before Thanksgiving).

themoon2 said:
When does Disney usually have the resorts decorated for Christmas. I am planning to go next year in November and want to be there when the resorts are decorated. Is it the week of the Veteran's Day holiday or the the week after (which is the week before Thanksgiving).

They start after the Halloween decorations come down and everything is guaranteed to be done the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Most go up overnight, except the intricate ones like the gingerbread house at GF or the carousel at BW take several days. You will see more the later in November you go.

The parks are up by the 9th to start the parades and the Osborne Family of Lights.

To add a bit more information to the excellent response by Missytara, my DF and I were there from 8-12 Nov this year. Nearly all the decorations were up at MK, including the garland, and the AK and DHS trees went up while we were there. None of the resorts had done much in the way of decorating outside of minor things, but we were told by Ranger Jack at WL that their tree was going up the day (more correctly, the evening of the day) we left. There were a couple of RVers at FW who had put up displays, too. We took in the Osborne Lights on the 11th. As mentioned, the later you go, the more there will be to see. :thumbsup2

Thanks for all the suggestions, I love them, and hope to definitely take all of them in! :thumbsup2 I've been trying to find out if the resort decorations are going to be up ON Saturday, January 5th. With all the holiday stuff going on and work, that might be the only day we can go! I understand Osborne Lights are scheduled to be up through the 6th, and I'm hoping that the resort decorations follow the same schedule...? :confused3 Anyone?

That's a yummy looking picture, thanks! And that's the hope, that everything will still be up on the Saturday after New Year's, so I guess it's more likely than not. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter