Best Princess Meal

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
What are the options and how would you rate them (at least which ones are good and which ones would you not recommend?)

I know about CRT breakfast but not much more. My princess is only 4 months old right now, but we're planning for next May for a princess meal for Grandma, 2 moms, a 4yr old girl, a 1 yr old girl, and any interested little boys (6, 5, and 3.) It's really about the girls though! The boys may hang out with their dads and Grandpa.

We love the Princess breakfast in Norway. The character interaction is the best of any character meal I have had. The princesses spend plenty of time and there has always been a good variety (which does change). We also love seeing one of the princesses in her "fancy" dress when you first go in. We've seen Belle in her yellow dress and Ariel in her white dress.

Jim

I haven't been to the Storybook Princess meal in EPCOT but it's suppose to be very good and you get a photo included in the price.

1900 Park Fare has a dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Step-Sisters and Step-Mother that is very good. No photo in the price of the meal.

I have done CRT twice now and I'm finished there, unless I have my own little girl or boy that wants to go. Just realized, I will probably have to go next year to take the younger niece-she's into princesses!

We did the CRT in 2006 with our DD who was 5 at the time. I have to say we were very dissapointed. The setting was pleaseant but it was all very rushed. The photo was done downstairs and then you go upstairs to the meal and DD was given a wand and told to expect something special. When the special thing happened - it turned out to be an announcement - even my DD said "is that it?". The characters did not spend much time at the tables either.

Stangely, on the way out there was a man doing market research on the meal, I wander if other people had felt the same way we did.

This year we are going to Norway pavilion and hoping for something a bit more exciting.

My DD who was 4 at the time (07) was disappointed in CRT, when you walk in you get to have a photo op but then when you go upstairs you might see Fairy godmother and the mice. My DD thought Cinderella was going to be upstairs during dinner, as did I. This time we are going to the princess dinner in Epcot and the 1900 with Cinderella and prince and step mother. Not doing CRT this time. The other thing is CRT is 2 table service meals on the meal plan, where as the others are only 1. So there is another thing to think about - cost.

We have had done CRT and was good food however as others felt we felt rushed as well. Our Grand daughter just turned three and tried to get into CRT again but they were all filled. As was alot of other favorites. We did get into the Hoop dee do revue and she loved it. But would have liked a Princess dinner better. So for our next trip we are going to be calling the 90 days out so we can get into 1900 Fare at the Grand Floridian. We have heard that it is wonderful. If not we might try the Dinner at Epcot.

SIL isn't going to be up for going all the way over to Epcot. (She's arriving later than we are because they don't even intend to go there. :sad2:) We're staying at BLT at the Contemporary so CRT and 1900 are definately doable. There aren't any other options at MK, right?

My nephew went to CRT breakfast 4 years ago. He saw at least three princesses at the meal. It's not like that anymore?

I'm not sure 1900 is going to cut it if only Cinderella is there. My niece loves all the princesses--especially Ariel, and would be disappointed with just one. It would be funny to see her reaction to the step-sisters though! :rotfl:

1900 Park Fare has a dinner with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Step-Sisters and Step-Mother that is very good.

We liked this one the best. Next would be the Norway breakfast. The 1900 Park Fare has Prince Charming which is sometimes better for the boys. We also say the mice when we were there. The food is always good at this restaurant too!

It is princess 100% time in our house so we did all 3 (CRT, Akershus, & 1900 Park Fare) and will do the same when we head back in September. However our girls and us parents loved 1900 Park Fare, the characters where amazing! Here are a few pictures from each:

Akershus
DSC00269.jpg

CRT
DSC00439.jpg

1900 Park Fare
DSC00355.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter