Best playground and Kiddie pool

NicsMom1500

Mouseketeer
Which resorts have the best kiddie pool and/or playground?

Our son will be 3 when we visit WDW in December. He did enjoy the small kiddie pool at WL in January.

We are planning some days to relax at our resort. Currently booked at WL deluxe room but thinking about staying a few nights at a different resort. We like to see different resorts.

Thanks.

Storm Along Bay at the Beach Club gets my vote. Its great for the young and old. Its surrounded by sand ( they will give you pails and shovels) has a small water slide for the toddlers along w/ a big slide for older kids. My DD has been going to SAB since she was 18 mos old. She's almost 4 now and can't wait to go back in April. We stay at the BWV"S but always plan at least two days at SAB. She can play in the sand and even walk into the water with her wings on and me and DH can actually SIT for a bit b4 we have to chase her. It is IMHO the best pool for all. And they have a grill by the pool thats not too pricey.

No admission, just need to be a guest at the YC or Beach Club (or a DVC member staying on points).

Since this is a pretty popular pool, they often check room keys to verify you are a guest of the resorts during busy times.

Trudy

My daughter likes the playground at the AKL and the BW. They have nice equipment and a nice wading pool. The shallow pool at the YC is nice, too, but your child will get sand in their butt. Sorry about that, but that pool is sand-bottomed. It drove my little one crazy!

I grew up on the beach (my parent's home sat on it). Sand in my bottom has ALWAYS driven me crazy. When I stayed at the YC for the first time a year ago, it reminded me of home (especially all the sand that came off my body and out of my hair while I showered in my room -- arg!).

As far as kiddie pool areas go, my DS (then almost 2) loved the kiddie pool at POR. I thought the big pool was very nice as well. If you sit by the kiddie pool, you have a view of the big pool. Plus they have a lovely playground adjacent to the pool area that I think my son would love now (he's 2.5 now).

Also, at both AKL and Poly's new pools, they have, I think it's called, "zero entry" where one end of the pool begins at poolside level, making it nice for the little folk. At AKL, DS loved the waterslide at the big pool. (He was able to go down the waterslide with a life jacket with me at the top and DH at the bottom.) AKL's kiddie pool was off to the side, and was out of the way although DS loved splashing around there, too. Big plus at AKL is, of course, the view of the animals in the savannah from your room -- we stayed there just for that. Very entertaining for DS!

I don't remember seeing a kiddie pool near the Poly's volcano pool.

Given all this, my son would have a blast splashing in a puddle if that's all they had.

Enjoy your trip!

Does anyone have any good pictures of the poly pool? I know its been renovated recently and I'm curious to see it. Would be a nice excuse to stay there ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter