Best places for nostalgia seekers?

LuluLovesDisney

<font color=red>If you're not outraged, you're not
I am planning my daughter’s first trip and our first one in 7 years. So much has changed and I am trying my best to catch up and get excited about the new things! However, part of me knows I will miss a lot of the things I loved as a kid or younger adult- Horizons, MS Electrical Parade, Wishes, Great Movie Ride, Journey Into Imagination- some of my family’s traditional restaurants. No complaining from me- I am so lucky to finally be able to plan a trip after my husband survived cancer twice and I am ironing out of finances. I am going to be thrilled watching her experience Frozen and all her other favorites. I know things change- but where are YOUR favorite places to go when you need a dose of old school Disney? Or a brief moment where you can soak in some nostalgia? Where is makes you feel like a kid again?
Thanks in advance for your ideas!

My daughter has been really into the "hidden secrets" videos from TPMvids on YouTube. Several of them show you where the imagineers pay tribute to old rides in new attractions. For example, in Winnie the Pooh there are two pictures referencing Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, and Mr. Toad himself is in the pet cemetery outside Haunted Mansion. There are also several references to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea scattered around. Those sorts of things make me really love Disney.

I am planning my daughter’s first trip and our first one in 7 years. So much has changed and I am trying my best to catch up and get excited about the new things! However, part of me knows I will miss a lot of the things I loved as a kid or younger adult- Horizons, MS Electrical Parade, Wishes, Great Movie Ride, Journey Into Imagination- some of my family’s traditional restaurants. No complaining from me- I am so lucky to finally be able to plan a trip after my husband survived cancer twice and I am ironing out of finances. I am going to be thrilled watching her experience Frozen and all her other favorites. I know things change- but where are YOUR favorite places to go when you need a dose of old school Disney? Or a brief moment where you can soak in some nostalgia? Where is makes you feel like a kid again?
Thanks in advance for your ideas!
1. Walking up Main Street. Can hardly do it without tears.
2. Spaceship Earth, especially the SMELL.
3. Haunted Mansion. Pirates, and PeopleMover.

Peter Pan is the nostalgic ride for me. It is the one I remember most about my first trip to Disney--well, my most pleasant memory. I also remember Space Mountain, but that one isn't a pleasant memory! It was my first roller coaster, and it scared me out of my mind!

In WDW, eating at Chef Mickey's watching the monorail overhead and riding Spaceship Earth in EPCOT are the only things that come to mind because WDW has changed so drastically in the last 30 years.

At DL, everything feels nostalgic outside of GE. I just drips history.

Haunted Mansion - reminds me of my brother in the next doom buggy screaming at the perfect moment to freak me out when I was 9.
Jungle Cruise - back then, I really thought I'd get wet from an elephant's trunk spray.
Enchanted Tiki Room - a talking bird outside briefly fooled me into thinking it was real.

Fun memories from 1972.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter