Best Place for Breakfast and why?

2MuchOhana

<font color=darkcoral>Need to figure that one out
Hoping to add a special breakfast on DM's and DFIL's birthdays on December 16. We will be spending the day at MK and have ressies for Dinner at CP followed by MVMCP that night. Aside from Cindy's and CP where would you recommend and why?

We plan to try the Kona Cafe later in the trip; but would consider changing it to that day if it was available. Other considerations are GF or Chef Mickey's at the CR. Hoping it isn't too late to make a ressie for that morning. We haven't tried any of these places; so your help is greatly appreciated. We have a party of six adults amd one 2 year old in our group.

Thanks for you tips and advise! Help is always appreciated!

when i was in disney with my mom, i took her to the grand floridian cafe for breakfast. she loved it. the food was really good and reasonably priced for grand floridian. i made a reservation the night before and it was only a few other families in when we went. the service and atmosphere was great and there is sure to be something on the menu for everyone in your group.

Another vote for GF. CM is so loud, maybe older people might appreciate the quieter and more beautiful atmosphere of the GF. I loved it and there. And I thought the food was really good too.

I would vote for either Grand Floridian Cafe or Kona. Park at the TTC and hop the resort monorail to whichever resort you pick. The GFC is a more elegant choice I think.

Soltwisch Family,

Concourse Steakhouse (right next to Chef Mickeys) because of the Sticky Mickey's!! :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:
They also have the normal range of breakfast choices on the menu.
Link to the menu
It is relatively quiet and the service has always been fast and efficient. Most kids get a kick out of seeing the monorail go through.

-DC :earsboy:

Another vote for GF Cafe!

Since this ps is for your DM and FIL I would advoid CM's. I think a breakfast at the GF would be very nice. And if they haven't been inside of GF yet they might like to tour around before or after breakfast. We've eaten lunch several times at the GF Cafe and have always found it very relaxed and away from the hussle and bustle of the parks.

Thank-you to everyone for your advise. The stickey Mickey's sound interesting and I will check that out. So far GF Cafe is by far the favorite. Anyone else have an opinion?

I would love to see the decorations at the various different resorts; so thought this might be a good opportunity to add one to the list.

Thanks again, everyone! Looking forward to hearing from more of you, too.

I'd heartily recommend Boma. Plenty of super fresh fruit and plain fare for those who don't want to get adventurous, and some tasty novelties for those who want something different.

We were struck by how much, much more we got for our money there vs. our moderate resort breakfast (Peppermill). And the food was 100 times better

kassa

How about Cape May at the BC? They have a very good buffet with Goofy, Chuck and Dave and Minnie.

I was about to mount a strenuous campaign designed to urge you to head to Kona for breakfast (two little words: Tonga toast), but realized that, once again, I was thinking only of myself. I have to agree with all those who say the Grand Floridian might be the perfect spot, especially with slightly older (at heart, of course, at heart!) guests. But please, whatever you do, make the trip over to Kona for the tonga toast. I'm not letting you leave this post until you promise. Don't make me twist that arm! You'll thank me later.

Richard

jerseydizdreamer,

Not too worry :worried:; we still plan to eat at Kona Cafe! We have ressies to have breakfast there on December 21. Several of us are eager to try the Tonga Toast! It sounds so YUMMY!

DFIL will be the "Big 60". :eek: :faint: DM well we will just say she is 29 and holding.:blush: Hey that makes her younger than me!:laughing: :rotfl: Oh well, it isn't polite to give away a lady's age even if she is your mom!

Oh the decisions! Everyplace sounds so yummy that it is hard to decide!

1900 Park Fair at Grand Floridian for breakfast was one of my family's favorite meals this past week.

My orange juice glass was never empy (waitress kept it refilled, every time I went back to buffet)

The food was very good, loved the omlette bar

Characters made there way around very regularly.

If you have a car, then Boma at AKL is excellent. Best buffet on property.
Some other favorites of mine:
Kona and Boatwrights for table service breakfasts
Maya Grill for buffet breakfast
WE did GFC last trip--my breakfast was good, but the others in our party weren't particularly impressed with theirs. NOT bad--just not great.

My vote would be for Boma's also. Wonderful buffet breakfast with the added plus of the beautiful hotel to check out while you are there. If you love animals then this is the place to go, good food and a breathtaking view.

Try breakfast at the Boma, you won't be dissapointed.

Great custom omelets, smoked meats (ham, Pork loin), delicious African specialities Pap, quinoa porridge; toppings included fruits, brown sugar and cinnamon, Bobotie - corn beef, eggs, cream, potato and onion, Vegetable quiche, Tomato, cheese and bacon quiche, fresh fruit, Sticky Buns loaded with pecans, pastries, tall cool glasses of Frunch and pressed pots of Kenya AA coffee.

Plus after breakfast you can tour the magnificent lodge and overlooks plus enjoy the animals on the savannah. Get a PS, they are very busy.

Another vote for the GF Cafe. Had breakfast there on Mother's Day. Great food, excellent service.

July:Pinkbounc

bomas hands down for overall experience. GF cafe or kona cafe for a quieter pace and cape may for characters

We love Boatwrights for breakfast. It is a la carte but you can get real fried eggs! A rare commodity in the World.

We also would vote for Boma's - what a great experience. So much to choose from, it's a blast!

Have fun!

Oh, it's all about the Tonga Toast! Kona is defintely my favorite breakfast place. Good coffee too :)

Another vote for the Concourse Steakhouse too. They have great breakfasts - my favorite is the Breakfast Quesadilla. Yum!

My grandmother is 58 and loves a good breakfast. Her favorite and ours is 1900 Park Fare. The room is lovely, the food is delicious and the characters are a lot of fun. We were there for my daughters b-day and everyone made it so special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter