Best online gift baskets?

Mirielle

DIS Veteran
Just about ready to pull my hair out! Been searching for a really nice gift basket containing lots of chocolate as well as other goodies for a family out of town. At first glance, many of the baskets look fabulous...until you begin to closely investigate. That's when you find the basket would probably feed Barbie and a couple of her friends. And the prices are insane...then add shipping. One place I nearly ordered from last night wanted almost $32 for shipping *one* item! No. So, anyone been extremely pleased with the quality, quantity and prices of any online seller of gift baskets?

I have sent a few of the Wine Country baskets to my parents as gifts over the last few years and they were all very well received! I found that they had a lot of variety in the yummy sounding snacks, and they color coordinate packaging so the finished basket looks beautiful. They offer plenty of baskets that do not include Wine, plus a few spa type baskets and a coffee / tea basket option.

I also appreciated the free shipping. Note - they do need a person over 21 to physically receive any delivery including Wine and there are a few odd states that don't allow Wine to be shipped, but their rules are all clearly listed before you purchase.

Haven't found another one that tops the variety of treats within my price range. We ordered from Figis one year and I swear, the catalog pictures were bigger than the actual little mini sausages and cheese blocks we bought... Fooled me once, Figis...!

Harry & David? They have gift boxes, towers, and baskets. One year we passed through Medford, Oregon and went to their flagship "Country Village Store". They could basically do everything custom, and they even sold wine and had a full produce section there. We had a couple of custom baskets made up there using clearance priced baskets. I've been to some of their other locations (since closed) and was told that they could put in a bottle of wine if we brought one in.

https://www.harryanddavid.com/h/gift-baskets-tower-boxes/gift-baskets?deptref=baskets

A lot of what they have on their website is heavy with their fruit - especially their own "Royal Riviera" pears. The website says that wine can be added to some baskets.

They say shipping is free today (before midnight EST) with at least a $99 order and the code HDSHIP99, but I'm not sure how that works if you're shipping multiple items to different recipients.

I did a few Wolfermans and a Harry and David, found online coupons to help or cover shipping costs.

I sent my parents Lou Malnati's Pizza ( for them to try some Chicago pizza) and the shipping on that was free.

My manager used to send me Wolfermann gift baskets and I always found their baked goods to be rather dry and bland.

Around Thanksgiving, we had a houseful of guests for many days. We received the "Lumberjack" basket from Dakin Farms. It was pancake mix, 2 lbs of bacon, ham , Canadian bacon, Vermont syrup, various preserves, etc. It was absolutely delicious and different.

So much so that I am sending a couple as Christmas gifts this year!

I've used Wine Country Gift Baskets, and Wolferman's before. Also, Sunnyland Farms has great nuts -- their trio is wonderful (but expensive).

If you're looking for fruit, Hale Groves (citrus fruit) is the most reasonably-priced I've found - there's often sales. Sent my BIL/SIL an orange assortment for $25 shipped, which normally costs $40 without shipping.

I have sent Wolfermans, it looked like the most content for money spent. I have received Harry and Davids and their towers are a joke, the boxes have tiny amounts of food in them. Cheryl's cookies are good, that is something you can look at.

Another old school Harry and David's fan. My dad sent them to us, along with a ton of business associates growing up, and I still love them. No one is disappointed by H&D.

I still love Harry and David (especially their pears!) but not their chocolate. And due to eating changes though delish I shy away from most of their jarred condiments. Basically, if i can't eat it I won't send it to anyone else.

How about creating your own basket at a local market and shipping it off? I've created baskets for many occasions at a local produce market that has gourmet-type offerings. Allows you to customize to things you may know people like, control the price and the quantity and quality.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!