Best Housekeeping

Which resort has the best housekeeping service?

• Hilton Head

• Vero Beach

• Boardwalk Villas

• Beach Club Villas

• Old Key West

• Wilderness Lodge Villas

Results are only viewable after voting.

disneycrazed139

DIS Veteran
For members who have sampled most or all of the DVC resorts, which resort do you think has the best housekeeping service?

I've stayed at nearly every resort on property and have not noticed any appreciable difference among the various mousekeeping staffs. They have all been top notch and friendly.

Jim,

That's good to know. I have recently read some negative reviews about housekeeping and thought I'd find out if any one in particular stands out (or not).

Thanks for the input.

I think it is hit or miss. You can't blame a whole resort if one maid does her job badly or if a supervisor doesn't check her work. One room may be spotless while someone else may get a room that needs to be done over. I think the only way they may know they have bad staff is if we complain and they check to see who cleaned the room. Enough complaints and I'm sure they are retrained or fired. I have never complained at anything but there have been times I wish I had cleaning stuff with me to do something missed.

have to agree with msdis. We have gotten great housekeeping at all DVC resorts and at times we have gotten the rotten apple of the barrel.

It is really hard to vote. Each time we have checked into VB, it has been spotless. VWL has been questionable to say the least (although I am a diehard VWL fan). I have not experienced the other DVCs, but I would not expect a huge difference between resorts, DVC or non-DVC. :cool:

We've only had one bad experience at BWV a number of years ago. I really don't think that this poll will reveal too much. Most people will likely vote for their home resort. We all seem to be a bit bias and favor our first home resort. (Present company not excluded)

I've only stayed at VWL and BWV, so I didn't vote. But I'll chime in with those who think that housekeeping is not particularly better at one place than another.

I always thought that the DVC resorts that share with a main resort (BCV, BWV, VWL) caused some problems with the housekeeping because they had to run two different systems....one for daily cleaning at the resorts and one for the intermittent cleaning and T&T at the DVC villas. I don't know that VWL, for instance, has a dedicated cleaning staff that only works on VWL rooms. I don't know for sure, but it would seem more efficient to apply the cleaning labor across the entire complex.

For what it's worth...we've not had any problems with room cleaning in our three stays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!