best functional souvenier?

Philadisney

<font color=blue>In the Name of Epcot<br><font col
Hi everyone - I admit that the last thing i need is another disney souvenier, but i'd like to bring at least one special thing back with me from my trip in march. the thing is, i'm not one for little knicknacks or pictures, i like functional souveniers - stuff that i can USE. i already have a great set of drinking glasses (including a shotglass, ha) and a wallet from my last trip, so i don't need those. i was wondering what other people's favourite functional souveniers were to buy at the parks? thanks! princess:

I bought a Disney key chain when I was there about 3 years ago. It just broke about 2 weeks ago, so I look forward to getting a new one when we go back next year.

ah that's a good idea - i have a walt & mickey keychain i love but spilled paint on it last year :guilty: might be a good time to replace it.

My first keychain had Minnie Mouse no it, I loved it. Time for a new one. I love water bottles, and the popcorn tub is great still use it for storage! Great for those funky straws that don't fit anywhere else. What about bottles openers, or the dip spreaders? I would love to have some of those. Oh wait, I'm suppose to be making suggestions for you!

How about an electric Mickey Waffle Iron? We love ours and use it at least once a week. A photo album is also a GREAT idea. We also bought Mickey shaped egg/pancake molds. Try some shops at DTD.

We bought beach towels when we were there 4 years ago, which have turned out to be great "useful" souveniers.

Happy shopping!

Sandra

:earsgirl: :firefight

thanks for some great ideas everyone - kitchen and household stuff sounds like a great way to go. i think i recall seeing some mickey silverware there last time, i'm still using my college silverware from the dollar store so that might be a way to go - just have to figure out a way to get it back (something tells me they won't allow kitchen knives on an airplane...) :Pinkbounc

You can put the knives in checked luggage. You just can't have them in carry-on stuff. You can also have them shipped back by Disney.

Mousepad; use that every day while checking out the Disboards :cheer2: , and lots of pens! For in my pocketbook, grading papers, writing notes to boys teachers, oh and forgot, calander I use every day to keep on track

On my last trip to DL, I deliberately left my watch at home and treated myself to a Mickey themed watch from Main Street. Nothing expensive and I wear it frequently.

I like the pennies with a cutout ... Mickey icon or star for Tinkerbell ... and then I attach them to my keychain; the keychains with the "charms" are nice (Mickey & Friends or Princesses or Pooh and Friends, etc); I take them off the keychain and use them as zipper pulls on back packs, wallets, purses, etc. ... I like the dated photo album idea ... also like to get a personalized Mickey ornament ... the small ones don't take up so much room on the tree ... also like the beach towel idea .. they last forever ... oh, there's so much stuff and so little space at home! wish there was more Jiminy Cricket stuff .. he's my ideal!

I bought myself a new Disney tote bag. Yes it would have been cheaper online but I only purchased it because I left the one I bought last year at home, by mistake. OK it did take awhile to stuff it under the couch so NOONE could find it. I think this years black is much better than last years blue. Oh and I needed the new antenna topper. Can you imagine someone stole the last one right off the car 3 days before we left. OH and my last years T shirt that the washing machine as a small whole through. Oh I bought a new shirt and disney patch to fix the old one wasnt I lucky the whole was right where the patch would look so good.

HMMM never thought of leaving the watch at home to get a new one there. Maybe next trip LOL

Yes I am married to mr cheapskate. Its easier to deceive than to try to explain and he loves to help pick out the new stuff. Only is cheap at the register so I pay all the WDW bills and he doesnt have a stroke. Last years trip for 5 people only cost us $1200 staying at the CBR for 7 nights. YEA Like I said I pay the bills if he only knew the rooms alone were that much. He likes to have the kids in one room and us in another.

As He tells me dont tell me what I dont want to hear. 12 years of marriage and he is about clueless on almost everything. LOL

WDW Tee-shirts. We still wear our 2000, 2001, 2002, and 2003. The 2000 tee-shirts are just now showing there age. I will hate to turn them into cleaning rags but another good reason to buy new ones. Hee Hee :smooth:

oooh i love the watch idea. my current watch was a birthday present...when i turned 12! it's probably okay to splurge on a new watch every decade, don't you think? :flower:

I bought a very nice Minnie Mouse pen my first time to WDW 11 years ago and still use it, it cost about $30 but was a great investment.

If you purchase any breakables definitely consider having it shipped. On one of our trips I had purchased quite a bit of kitchenware...glasses, dishes, cutting board, napkin holder, etc, etc. I had it all shipped and the shipping charges were less than the tax. Yes you would pay shipping charges but you would not pay any tax. Well it all arrived in perfect condition and just a couple of days after we got home. I didn't have to worry about getting it home without anything breaking.
:earsboy: :earsgirl: :earsgirl: :earsboy:

My best functional souvenirs are the beach towels - thicker and softer than DS towels - and a magnetic Tigger bottle opener. You stick him on your fridge, and you never have to rummage through drawers looking for a bottle opener again.

Kungaloosh!
Morticia.

It's not often you see me around the house without a WDW t-shirt on. I definitely get my $ worth out of these and wearing them reminds me of my favorite place. I wore one of my old Splash Mt. ones to MK a couple years ago and a CM working at SM remarked that it was an old one that they hadn't sold in years. This past Thanksgiving I treated myself to a WDW fleece while we were at DTD. I love it and wear it often. Of course it goes over a Disney t!

Philadisney said:
thanks for some great ideas everyone - kitchen and household stuff sounds like a great way to go. i think i recall seeing some mickey silverware there last time, i'm still using my college silverware from the dollar store so that might be a way to go - just have to figure out a way to get it back (something tells me they won't allow kitchen knives on an airplane...) :Pinkbounc

I bought a package of 4 mini pen light flashlights that have key rings and they were under $10 for the package! Great deal and I think I bought them like 4 years ago (I was just there and they still have them) and I just changed out the battery on one of them! They each have a different picture of the theme parks on them and they're really cool!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter