Best deal on ipads?

KPK02090

DIS Veteran
I just started looking into buying an iPad as a Christmas gift. Looking at a regular iPad (not pro) with 128 GB, WiFi only. Best Buy has them on sale currently for $349.99. Since I haven't been doing any research yet, I'm not sure, does this seem like a good price? Sale ends Saturday.
Are Apple products excluded from the swagbucks points?

I believe that is the same as the Black Friday price. I think that’s prob about the best you will find...although I’m definitely not an expert!

I paid $329 for the 128 GB a week of two before Black Friday at Best Buy so $100 off. I’m not seeing them on sale anywhere else so you’re going to have to weigh getting it now vs trying to hold out. There may be a push of sales in a week or so but maybe not. What is their return policy? Apple’s is 14 days but I’m not sure if that’s across retailers. If you have leeway with returns I’d get it now and then return if you find a better deal.

Well, for those who procrastinated, you are being rewarded. I see the 9.7" iPad 128GB Wifi only marked at $249.99 today on Amazon and Target.

I haven’t looked at IPads lately, ,but we have always had luck buying a refurbished Apple product direct from their website. The prices are usually a good deal and it comes with the same warranty as a new one. May be worth checking.

I bought one at Target for $349 minus another 5% off. After tax it was $357. I didn’t find it cheaper anywhere else.

I think it will be a great gift. My kids and dh gave me an ipad for my birthday, and I LOVE it. I use every day for online and also download movies and shows to it for flights and have my Kindle on it.

Its my favorite thing I use daily although both my kids, 24 and 20, who are both still in law school and college say they have no desire for one since I wanted to get them one too. However, they both need their laptops.

Help me out...stupid moment, here:o...

I have an older, used Ipad 2 that I bought from eBay a few years ago. In it's case, does not fit in my purse:sad1: so when I take it with me, I have to carry it on it's own, or haul around a bigger bag. Since it is an older model iPad, I've been thinking about upgrading it. So, can someone tell me what are the main differences between the 9.7" iPad and the iPad Mini 4? I looked at the Mini in the store and it didn't really look "mini" to me, but it would fit in my purse, even in a hefty case? (By "hefty", I mean an Otterbox or Lifeproof case. That is a must-have for me) It seems like the 9.7" 128GB and the Mini 4 are right around the same price points, but is there any key differences, other than the size, that I need to consider? How big is the 9.7" compared to the "old" iPad 2? (not the Air 2...the REALLY old one:goodvibes) When I say my iPad doesn't fit in my purse, I mean is just barely doesn't fit. It fits...but I can't zip it shut or put anything else in it. I really only need an iPad that is about 1/2"-1" smaller and it would be perfect.

Help me out...stupid moment, here:o...

I have an older, used Ipad 2 that I bought from eBay a few years ago. In it's case, does not fit in my purse:sad1: so when I take it with me, I have to carry it on it's own, or haul around a bigger bag. Since it is an older model iPad, I've been thinking about upgrading it. So, can someone tell me what are the main differences between the 9.7" iPad and the iPad Mini 4? I looked at the Mini in the store and it didn't really look "mini" to me, but it would fit in my purse, even in a hefty case? (By "hefty", I mean an Otterbox or Lifeproof case. That is a must-have for me) It seems like the 9.7" 128GB and the Mini 4 are right around the same price points, but is there any key differences, other than the size, that I need to consider? How big is the 9.7" compared to the "old" iPad 2? (not the Air 2...the REALLY old one:goodvibes) When I say my iPad doesn't fit in my purse, I mean is just barely doesn't fit. It fits...but I can't zip it shut or put anything else in it. I really only need an iPad that is about 1/2"-1" smaller and it would be perfect.
Okay, so, the 9.7 is going to be thinner and lighter than your iPad 2 but I’m not sure if the actual shape/size is smaller. I had the Mini 2 and upgraded to an iPad Pro 9.7. I found the Mini easier to toss in my bag and haul around. That said, when I want to bring the Pro along I just carry a slightly bigger bag. If you give me a bit I can take a pic of the Mini stacked on top of 9.7 so you can see the size difference.

Okay, so, the 9.7 is going to be thinner and lighter than your iPad 2 but I’m not sure if the actual shape/size is smaller. I had the Mini 2 and upgraded to an iPad Pro 9.7. I found the Mini easier to toss in my bag and haul around. That said, when I want to bring the Pro along I just carry a slightly bigger bag. If you give me a bit I can take a pic of the Mini stacked on top of 9.7 so you can see the size difference.

@kristenrice Here is my son’s 2018 9.7 with his old Mini 2 stacked on top and both in what I’d call a medium bag.
View attachment 370528 View attachment 370527
Thanks! That’s exactly the information I was looking for. I think the mini will be more suited for my needs. I assume it has the same capabilities, right?

Thanks! That’s exactly the information I was looking for. I think the mini will be more suited for my needs. I assume it has the same capabilities, right?
For the most part. The 2018 9.7 supports Apple Pencil. The Mini 4 is a few years old but I don’t think the specs are all that different. You can do a side by side comparison on Apple’s website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!