Best day for Rainforest Room?

MouseinMelbourne

DIS Veteran
We are going on a Very Merrytime on the Fantasy Dec 14-21. This is our itinerary:

Port Canaveral
At Sea
At Sea
Tortola
San Juan
At Sea
Castaway Cay
Port Canaveral

I keep hearing how crowded the Rainforest Room can be. What would the best day be to go if I want to avoid chaos? I thought early in the cruise? I’m hoping to go twice in the same day but, if I can’t, what would the best TIME of day be, as well?

Honestly, Its more the time of day you go than anything else.

When I was on the Fantasy in April, we had second dining and I would wait till about 5PM in order to go to the RR. It was great. There was one day were the spouse and I were literally the only people there. We also got to watch some great sail aways from the hot tubs so it was perfect.

I would say if you are buying the one day pass, avoid the sea days and try to go on either your Tortola or San Juan day as usually the ship is less busy when other guests are off the ship.

Another helpful tip: Bring your own salt scrub from home to use in the steam room! They don't give you salt scrubs with the one day pass and I find this to be one of the best part of the RR because they have the scrub wash hoses available.

Hope this helps!

We went in the morning on a Nassau day and had the place to ourselves for the first 30 minutes; finally had a few more people on the heated loungers by the time we left. Haven't tried a sea day, so I can't comment on that.

Honestly, Its more the time of day you go than anything else.

When I was on the Fantasy in April, we had second dining and I would wait till about 5PM in order to go to the RR. It was great. There was one day were the spouse and I were literally the only people there. We also got to watch some great sail aways from the hot tubs so it was perfect.

I would say if you are buying the one day pass, avoid the sea days and try to go on either your Tortola or San Juan day as usually the ship is less busy when other guests are off the ship.

Another helpful tip: Bring your own salt scrub from home to use in the steam room! They don't give you salt scrubs with the one day pass and I find this to be one of the best part of the RR because they have the scrub wash hoses available.

Hope this helps!
That is a great tip if you have second dining.

Sea days in the afternoon are usually MISERABLE in the Rainforest Room. Not relaxing at all. I would avoid those at all costs. Before first dinner on almost any day can be busy. We try to go either early in the day on a sea day or during first dinner any day.

On a related note.... how much time should we plan to spend in there? Assuming it’s not crowded and I feel chased off, of course. What do most people think is “enough.”

We went on the first sea day on our Bermuda cruise and it wasn't crowded at all. I think the first sea day most people are at the pool, etc. so I imagine the last sea day is worse.

About a month ago, I spent the morning of Tortola port day at the RFR, arriving to check-in around 8:15AM. I was the only one in the whole area for 2+ hours, except for one passenger who came in for a few minutes to take a video of the area. I stepped out for a few minutes and she was gone when I got back. After about two hours, another couple arrived. It was so peaceful. 👍

On a related note.... how much time should we plan to spend in there? Assuming it’s not crowded and I feel chased off, of course. What do most people think is “enough.”

Honestly it depends on the person. Usually we would arrive around 5 PM when everyone else starts getting ready for dinner and leave around 7:30/8 with enough time to get to dinner. For me about 2 hours is enough time to enjoy all the amenities in the Rainforest room and relax on a lounger for a bit.

So they discontinued the cruise length pass for the Rainforest Room, right? It is just now on a daily basis? So how big of an increase is that now if you bought one for every day of a 7-night cruise?

So they discontinued the cruise length pass for the Rainforest Room, right? It is just now on a daily basis? So how big of an increase is that now if you bought one for every day of a 7-night cruise?
They still offer the week long pass. You can either get it downstairs on the first day by the Enchanted Garden (same place for dining changes so check what line you are in and navigator) Just off the 9/28 Fantasy and it was 229 before taxes and gratuities so it was more like 270 for the couples pass..
The good:
We did notice a big difference in occupancy. Pretty much every time we went, the showers, hot tub and even the heated chairs were open. This is probably due to the price increase :( Nice that it's less busy but the price increase is pretty crazy. I think most of the people there were those that had a spa service rather than the pass. (Actually I meant to ask if that was still a perk of spa services but I'm pretty sure it was)
The bad:
It might seem kind of silly but what doesn't sit well is that they now charge 15 dollars EACH time you request the scrub. (a tiny little jar!) and this used to be part of the pass price. 😡 I think the least they could do with the almost 100 dollar increase is include a couple of scrubs!

It might seem kind of silly but what doesn't sit well is that they now charge 15 dollars EACH time you request the scrub. (a tiny little jar!) and this used to be part of the pass price. 😡 I think the least they could do with the almost 100 dollar increase is include a couple of scrubs!

Wait they charge you for the Scrubs with the length of cruise pass now too?

Wait they charge you for the Scrubs with the length of cruise pass now too?
YES!!! They are not free (rather included) like they used to be. Now they sell them for 15 dollars each :( and I felt the jar had less than the little bag they used to give.

Ok, so how much was the RRoom before the increase?

And I wonder if they will start prohibiting people bringing in their own scrub?

And I wonder if they will start prohibiting people bringing in their own scrub?
Once you were past the counter, I think the only time I saw an employee in there was to refill the water. I can't imagine anyone noticing if you brought your own scrubbing salt in (or caring).

Thats heartbreaking to learn they don't include the scrubs anymore. That was one of my favorite things. That and the price increase is such a bummer...

I think most of the people there were those that had a spa service rather than the pass. (Actually I meant to ask if that was still a perk of spa services but I'm pretty sure it was)

Rainforest room is not included with spa services. It is its own, separate, service.

SW

7 day Fantasy old price [not including automatic gratuity]:

couples 193.00
singles 144.00

From June 15 sailing: [old price]

From August 17 sailing: [new price]

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!