Best choice for NON-AccessibleTreehouse

icydog

DIS Veteran
My son and his family are going to the Treehouses at SSR for five nights in December.

He is afraid of getting a handicapped accessible Treehouse.

They were given a HC villa at another resort in the past and they had a lot of trouble with the shower and the sinks etc. They don't want a repeat of that.

How can he make sure he gets a regular Treehouse?

If you look at your reservation online just prior to resort arrival, the room category will change if the room assigner has given you a handicap room.

:earsboy: Bill

I'm afraid that they see the word accessible, as in non-accessible, and give him an accessible room!

This has happened to me at a non-Disney hotel. I booked over the phone and said I wanted a room which does not allow pets because I have allergies. They heard the word "pet" and put in the system that I had requested a room which allows pets.

This has happened to me at a non-Disney hotel. I booked over the phone and said I wanted a room which does not allow pets because I have allergies. They heard the word "pet" and put in the system that I had requested a room which allows pets.
My point exactly!

I also wouldn't reference non-anything. It's to easy to miss the non and just see the rest and lots of reports over the years of people getting exactly what they requested to not have.

There are 4 accessible THV and they are nearer the entrance to the THV area. 7006, 7007, 7047 and 7048.

I'd request near the pool, boat dock or south bus stop. If any of that is matched it will not be an accessible unit.

I also wouldn't reference non-anything. It's to easy to miss the non and just see the rest and lots of reports over the years of people getting exactly what they requested to not have.

There are 4 accessible THV and they are nearer the entrance to the THV area. 7006, 7007, 7047 and 7048.

I'd request near the pool, boat dock or south bus stop. If any of that is matched it will not be an accessible unit.
This is exactly what I needed. Do you know if there's a code on the reservation right before check in that signifies an HC villa as DisneyNutz suggested?

This is exactly what I needed. Do you know if there's a code on the reservation right before check in that signifies an HC villa as DisneyNutz suggested?

Whenever we've been assigned an HA room it is obvious and says Accessible or something along those lines. The description of the room itself will change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter