Best character breakfast?

bookgirl2632

DIS Veteran
I'm thinking about changing one of our dinner ADRs to one for breakfast, just for a change of pace.

Foodwise, what is the best character breakfast? And just so you know, we are planning on MK that day, so one in or around MK would be ideal. But I want to know opinions about the food at any of them.

Incidentally, we are four adults who've never done a character meal. Well, I did one many years ago when I was a kid. We won't say just how long. ;)

I think 1900 Park Fare is the best atmosphere, food, and service. We are adults only and have enjoyed that one the most PLUS it had "classic characters" that us old people enjoy a lot =)

I found the buffet food to be excellent, never a line at the buffet even when the restaurant was full, and it was replenished quickly and kept clean. Lots of CMs behind the counter to keep up on things.

If there are any men in your foursome, they might enjoy the PSB at Akershus, especially if Jasmine appears! ;) The skillets are full of eggs, sausage, bacon, and cheesy potatoes (which are delicious), and it's all you care to eat. They also serve cinnamon rolls and fresh fruit. It's not tremendous food, but it's still quite tasty. Just a thought. :)

I personally vote for Ohana. Chef Mickey's would be a close second. Of course CRT if you're 180 days out would be filled with Magic. Have fun!

I love 1900 park fare! The food is great and the characters are Pooh Tigger and usually Alice in wonderland & Friends. Next choice would be 'Ohana with Lilo, Stitch, Mickey & Pluto. We have this one booked for our trip.

Chef Mickeys. Its on the monorail and the buffet is huge (although I can only compare it to one in the Grand Floridian (dont remember which) and the Crystal Palace, but they didn't even come close in quality of food or service.
They have loads of choice (cereal, pastries, fruits, cooked breakfast (including some vegetarian) and waffles, pancakes etc.)

The first one I would recommend is Crystal Palace, the food is good and you can't beat pooh and friends. The thing about eating at Crystal Palace is try to get ADRs before the opening of the park. This way you don't have to wait in line to get into MK and there is nothing better than walking down Mainstreet when it is practically desserted, great for pictures. :thumbsup2

If you are going to pick just on food I would probably go with Chef Mickeys and the atmosphere is fun for everyone. :)

My vote would be for 1900 Park Fare followed by Crystal Palace if you are planning to do breakfast then the MK.

We just did 1900 Park Fare. The atmosphere, characters, service and food were wonderful. I am still thinking about the strawberry soup!! We saw Mary Poppins, Alice in Wonderland, Mad Hatter, Pooh and Tigger. Can't wait to try it next time for dinner!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!