best calling card for canadians to call Canada from U.S.A.

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello:

What is the best calling card for a Canadian who wants to call back to Canada from the U.S.A. or prepaid card. Just looking for something I can use to call Canada from the U.S.A.

Deb.

I bought the Presidents Choice ones for a long time and they were good, but I think the Walmart ones are even less expensive. We used one before we started just getting a travel pass on our cell phones, and it worked out fine.

Thanks I will check them out. Yes when we go to Disney we put a forty dollar travel plan on the cell, its good for a month.
I now need it for heading over to Niagara Falls N.Y for a night or two, here and there. I have used Sears Connect for years and I tried to use it yesterday it would not work. Called them today and they have stopped the calling card part of the business.

As I am looking for prepaid or calling cards most of them are for the cell phone. We usually do not turn the cell phone on in another country for fear of roaming fees. With a roam mobility card will I have a roaming fee for turning the phone on or using in another country?

As I am looking for prepaid or calling cards most of them are for the cell phone. We usually do not turn the cell phone on in another country for fear of roaming fees. With a roam mobility card will I have a roaming fee for turning the phone on or using in another country?
I have that fear too. If you have your sim card out you have nothing to worry about.
I usually swap to the roam card while in the plane with phone off.
If your sim card is out there is no way you would get charged.

Here is a link for roam mobility:
https://roammobility.com/
You can buy their cards I think from london drugs.
With this sim card you would be able to leave your phone on without worries. Use wifi when your at the park. But they have unlimited internet you wouldn't even have to worry.

Before I used cell phone roaming I got a calling card thru Shaw. No idea if it’s still offered. It’s been years.

Just a different option, I use an app called Hangouts. Its loaded on my Ipad and I can make long distance calls free either from Canada to the US or US to Canada. It has saved me plenty. If you have wi-fi on your phone and can connect you may want to look at loading this app on your phone.
It has saved me bundles especially when calling the 407 Disney number. It takes sooooooo long to actually get an agent on the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter