Best Building Location @ Disney's Polynesian

gorjus121

DIS Veteran
Hi. We have a standard room reserved at the Polynesian resort for a few nights before heading to our off-property timeshare. For past guests, where is the best building to make your room request?? I know these are not guaranteed but I always ask wherever we stay. I would prefer to avoid noisy locations. Thanks.

gorjus121 said:
Hi. We have a standard room reserved at the Polynesian resort for a few nights before heading to our off-property timeshare. For past guests, where is the best building to make your room request?? I know these are not guaranteed but I always ask wherever we stay. I would prefer to avoid noisy locations. Thanks.

Tahiti is going to be one of the quieter buildings because its furthest from the GCH and pools. It also has more of a private beach in front of its longhouse. Hope this helps you.. Have a magical time! :)

Tokeleau. Loved the location and all the rooms have a balcony vs. the other buildings where the second floor doesn't. We had a standard room and even had a "theme park view"- we could could see space mountain and the contemporary perfectly (just no castle).

Thanks for the tips. We were originally thinking the Hawaii or Samoa Longhouse, but I then read that Hawaii is club-level only.

Thanks for the tips. We were originally thinking the Hawaii or Samoa Longhouse, but I then read that Hawaii is club-level only.

Hawaii is club level and Samoa is right in the middle of everything, including both pools - a great location but most likely not on the quiet side. I'd look at Tahiti or Tokelau.

Tokeleau. Loved the location and all the rooms have a balcony vs. the other buildings where the second floor doesn't. We had a standard room and even had a "theme park view"- we could could see space mountain and the contemporary perfectly (just no castle).

My wife and I have stayed in Tokeleau the last two trips and we loved it. We will be requesting Tokeleau again for our impending trip in October. :thumbsup2

We loved Tokelau, beach end of building. Was recommended to me by Tikiman :goodvibes Great location, bonus is that ALL floors have balconies, and rooms are larger then Samoa and older longhouses. We faced Hawaii, and could see the Castle if we looked to the right off our balcony.

On our trip in 2011 we asked the front desk for a "complimentary upgrade" and they upgraded us the Hawaii building which is conceirge. It was incredible. I would ask for the upgrade when you check in, it doesn't hurt to ask and that was by far the most amazing trip we've had to date!

Samoa can be noisy, but maybe not so bad if you are on the side that doesn't face the volcano pool. It is a great location, but a lot going on on the volcano side of the building. Hawaii is great but club level like you said.

If the view isn't that important to you then Rapa Nui might be a good choice. We have stayed in both Rapa Nui and Tahiti and thought that Rapa Nui was quieter than Tahiti. In Tahiti you can occasionally hear the ferry boat whistle.

Also if you have a car you can pull right up to the covered entrance to the longhouse and there is a small parking lot right beside the longhouse.

If the view isn't that important to you then Rapa Nui might be a good choice. We have stayed in both Rapa Nui and Tahiti and thought that Rapa Nui was quieter than Tahiti. In Tahiti you can occasionally hear the ferry boat whistle.

Also if you have a car you can pull right up to the covered entrance to the longhouse and there is a small parking lot right beside the longhouse.

Plus you can have a great view from Rapa Nui, if you have the garden side. We stayed there once and I loved the view! I imagine the parking lot side isn't great, though I haven't experienced that myself.

We loved Tokelau, beach end of building. Was recommended to me by Tikiman :goodvibes Great location, bonus is that ALL floors have balconies, and rooms are larger then Samoa and older longhouses. We faced Hawaii, and could see the Castle if we looked to the right off our balcony.

Thank you. Tokelau is definitely a consideration, but it will probably be closed during our stay due to renovations. We are looking forward to our stay, as long as I'm not facing a parking lot I will be pleased ;)

I, personally, would not request a specific longhouse as it gives a ver specific location as opposed to what you really want. It sounds like you want a quiet room, so I would request just that. If you ask for a specific longhouse, you could still end up with a loud room (one with a connecting door or next to an elevator for example). If you request "quiet room", then the CM's will know exactly what you really want.

On our last trip to Poly, we requested quiet room, close to GHC, third floor and we got a super quiet room on the third floor at the end of the hall in Rarotonga. It was perfect!

Yes, Hawaii is all CL. We stayed in Samoa and loved it. We had a first floor room facing the quiet pool and we never had a problem with noise. As others have said, you may experience noise if you are on the other side facing the volcano pool, but we were fine where we were at. We loved Samoa as it was very convenient to everything as it was just steps from the GCH, volcano pool, the beach, and Captain Cooks.

Plus you can have a great view from Rapa Nui, if you have the garden side. We stayed there once and I loved the view! I imagine the parking lot side isn't great, though I haven't experienced that myself.

We loved Rapa Nui. We were on the parking lot side but we also had a view of the monorail, which is cool. What I loved most about Rapa Nui though was that it is a 2 min walk to Tickets & Transportation, which means that getting to the MK and Epcot is super easy. I think Rapa Nui is closed right now though so check before requesting...

We have stayed in Samoa and Tahiti and didn't find either to be loud at all. We prefer Samoa because of its closeness to the GCH, pools, and transportation. Tahiti is nice but far from the GCH, although very close to TTC. If EPCOT is a major focus of your trip this may be nice as well.

I think I would request Rapa Nui. And, if you have a car, there is a small (not main) parking lot right by Rapa Nui. It is a very quiet location. But, it is one of the farthest from the magic Kingdom monorail. But that does not make it far. Rather, it is a few minutes walk to the magic kingdom monorail from rapa nui. But, it is the closest to the Epcot monorail at ticket and transportation center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter