Best bridge to use to get to BUF airport from Toronto??

Monie

Earning My Ears
Also which one has the least toll? I tried the Rainbow bridge but it was such a round about way to get to the airport. :confused3

We take the Peace bridge... once your cross you are practically in the airport... it's like a 5-10min drive from there.

I agree - The Peace Bridge - the toll is 2.50 American or 3.50 Canadian,
also 3.50 mixed money. I was just over the bridge 3 days ago--so this is a current toll price.

We also use the Peace bridge. Never any line ups- we must hit at all the right times.

Peace Bridge.

Line ups aren't really a problem. Waited at Queenston-Lewiston once for 1 hour.

Very close to the airport.

However, on the way back to Peace Bridge from Airport there is also a 75cent US toll on the highway.

Despite the $2.50 US bridge fee you pay on the way back (btw it's cheaper to pay in U.S....) it's much more convenient.

Hubby wants to take Rainbow cause you pay only the .75 toll but on the way back you still have to pay the 3.50

Peace Bridge!

Plus you can drive faster since our speed limits are higher! ;)

Coming back, depends on how much shopping time is available! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

j

coming back when you take rte 33 coming out of the airport and follow it downtown ( lights are synchronized ) you will rejoin the thruway near the baseball park and save the 75 cent toll on the thruway
\

from there it is only about 2 miles or so to the peace bridge exit

on weekends the traffic is light.....heavier if you doing it during the week ( of course it all depends upon the time of day you are travelling )

I've always taken the Queenston/Lewiston 190-290-90-33 route. How do you get to the airport from the Peace Bridge?

NancyK

once you get through customs in buffalo you exit to the "right" and onto a straightaway ramp to the the thruway ( 190 )

190 melds into 90 at a split....

one ramp going to Erie ( right )

and one ramp going to Albany ( left )

you want to be LEFT here .....this will put you on the mainline thruway ( 90 ) which you travel on until you reach

route 33 exit

which leads directly into the airport.....depending on time of day the trip from the bridge takes approximately 20 - 30 minutes

You learn a new thing every day!! We have always gone over Queenston-Lewiston. Never had any problems but still a bit of a hike after you cross to get to the airport. I had NO IDEA Peace Bridge was so much closer! Well, guess what I'll be doing from now on. :thumbsup2

Plus by going this way, you also pass the Galleria Mall!

If you have enough time you can grab a bite to eat or do a little shopping.

They are going to be opening up a Cheese Cake Factory in the mall this fall!

j

Why worry about a small toll when the mouse will be into your pocket for thousands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter