Best and Worst

jbehr12

DIS Veteran
What happened to the best and worst? It’s been going downhill for months and now the last one was in April. Best and worst is what made me pay attention to the he Dis Unplugged in the first place and it seems like it’s an afterthought now. It’s all DVC, Universal, and Disneyland recently... where’s the strong Disney World content at?

My guess is it's hard to come up with new content for best and worst. I've tried thinking of new suggestions that are interesting, and debatable, and I've got nothing. When they did best and worst bathrooms I remember thinking that they were stretching it. I'm sure there are best and worst bathrooms anywhere, but as far as I'm concerned, the best one is the closest one at the time. I wouldn't feel like I'm missing out.
Those were my favorite shows too, though. Hence why I've tried thinking of a new topic for them.

What happened to the best and worst? It’s been going downhill for months and now the last one was in April. Best and worst is what made me pay attention to the he Dis Unplugged in the first place and it seems like it’s an afterthought now. It’s all DVC, Universal, and Disneyland recently... where’s the strong Disney World content at?

Um, the disneyland and universal shows have been going on for years now. There's no sudden influx of excessive Land and Universal content.

Best/worst burgers on property
Best/worst steaks on property
Best/worst seafood on property
Best/worst table service 2019 (things change quickly)
Best/worst creative entrees 2019
Best/worst gift shops
Best/worst coffee drinks
Best/worst character meet and greets
Best/worsts table service 2019
Best/worst dining theme ideas
Best/worst screen attractions
Best/worst buffets
Best/worst family venues
Best/worst original merchandise
Best/worst appetizers on property
Best improved restaurants since 2017
Best/worst IP incorporations
Best/worst upcoming rides

I could go all night, creativity of such an untapped niche isn’t an excuse!

Last edited:

Um, the disneyland and universal shows have been going on for years now. There's no sudden influx of excessive Land and Universal content.

Best/worst cocktails
Best/worst deserts
Best/worst uses of a snack credit
Best/worst uses of a quick service credit
Best/worst uses of a dining credit
Best/worst Dining in MK
Best/worst dining in Epcot
Best/worst rides for small children
Best/worst roller coasters
Best/worst dark rides
Best/worst IP that could be used in parks

I understand dining is “the dining show” and is separate than best and worst, but it makes for the best content..

The "excuse" was finding NEW, INTERESTING, DEBATABLE, content. You're just breaking down food choices and/or listing things that have already been done. It was fun, and perhaps they could update a few old topics, but an entire show on the best and worst cup of coffee is a bit much. Get a grip.

The "excuse" was finding NEW, INTERESTING, DEBATABLE, content. You're just breaking down food choices and/or listing things that have already been done. It was fun, and perhaps they could update a few old topics, but an entire show on the best and worst cup of coffee is a bit much. Get a grip.

If they can make a show out of bathrooms and smells any of the above are acceptable, and caps locks don’t change anything.

All the above are topics that people who are not familiar with Disney World could get useful info from. Coffee is a great topic, there is Jofferys drinks and Starbucks, as well as resorts. I’d have loved to know where to get the Jofferys Grey Goose coffee cocktail in Animal Kingdom before I went, and just because you don’t care doesn’t mean others won’t... Keep it simple and let rookies learn.

Last edited:

They still have them regularly with the last being on April 26th - which is just over a week ago: Top 4 Worst things about Animal Kingdom:

and the week before that they had the Top 4 Best things about AK ... and basically been covering this "type" of show for a while now

Probably should have another one out but hasn't been *that* long

if you don't like the topics picked guess I can't help you but they are covering a theme of show and sharing Bests and Worsts :confused3

it's still technically running with the top 4 stuff but you can tell the guys are burnt out on it. wouldn't hurt to give it a rest and do something else.

one thing i do like about that show is that it (usually, generally) features the younger members of the team. the weekly discussion show is king but definitely more of a veteran presence. i like that the younger employees had a show to themselves.

The show will be back tomorrow. It's hard to remember, but last week we were busy with media events and such and that caused us to miss a couple of the shows, while others were still able to go up. Now we are going to test out Best & Worst on Saturday's instead of having multiple shows release every Friday. Thanks for the concern.

The one comment I'd make to all of the suggestions made by jbehr12 is that they have said a few times that they wanted to leave all food topics for the dining show, so those are out as potential Best and Worst options.

The one comment I'd make to all of the suggestions made by jbehr12 is that they have said a few times that they wanted to leave all food topics for the dining show, so those are out as potential Best and Worst options.
I do wish they would reconsider that, I think it could add a lot of new fresh content and variety to the show without really competing with the dining show. The format is completely different and wouldn't need to be so much of a review as quick fire commentary. But alas that's just my wish, it's their show.

I do wish they would reconsider that, I think it could add a lot of new fresh content and variety to the show without really competing with the dining show. The format is completely different and wouldn't need to be so much of a review as quick fire commentary. But alas that's just my wish, it's their show.
I agree. There's a big difference between a full out restaurant review and "4 best snacks in Magic Kingdom".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!