Best and worst time to check in?

sdlovesdisney

Earning My Ears
We are checking in at CBR 6/3. Does anyone know when is the best time to check in? :) Also what time should we avoid? We are moving from Universal that day so can pretty much come over when we want.

We checked in at ASMo around 3 pm and it was the WORST time as far as people in line AND trying to get the building that we wanted. Everything we wanted was booked up by that time. If it were me and I could check in at anytime, I'd check in around 11 am when everyone has to be out of their rooms. The early risers are gone and some of the rooms are available by that time. You'd get first choice.

Last Thanksgiving, thanks to a glitch in our rental car (which didn't work and needed to be replaced, twice -- long story) we didn't arrive at CSR until 9 pm. I was fuming. That's the bad news.

The good news: we were the only ones in the lobby checking in! It went like a breeze.

My best check-in experience was checking into Port Orleans Riverside very late at night. I think it was 9pm, or so.

Lobby was empty, the Guest Services people were kind of bored so they were very glad for the diversion of checking someone in. Got a nice upgrade to a room with a king sized bed :Pinkbounc for some reason it seems like they asked us if we wanted Riverside or French Quarter...did they used to do that in 2002? ask you which side you wanted? Maybe they always do that.

But it was much more fabulous than check in usually is, when there's a big line and everyone is rushed and they don't offer you a king sized bed.

When we stayed at CBR or any of the other mods for that matter, we usually check in between 7 & 9pm because we don't even get into the Orlando area until then (we drive from VA and split the trip into two days, stopping the 2nd travel day in Daytona for awhile). That's 4 separate trips, and I think the biggest line was 2 families in front of us. Not bad at all.

I would say if you can check in during the morning to do it that way. If you check in around 2-3 expect it to be busy.

The only time I've had a problem with checking in is when we got to the CBR right after a busload of folks from the Disney Cruise Line arrived. We were in line for 45 minutes, and then had to wait another 30 to get someone to take us to our room!

I usually check in late morning (usually around checkout time, actually), and I have never waited behind more than two or three families--usually it seems like I walk right up.

Karen

We checked in at 7AM (wanted to get our passes to get to the parks for Early Magic Hour) and while the CM was slightly perturbed to see us waiting as she walked out with her till at the crack of dawn, there was no line... :)

We told them we understood that it'd be a while for our room, but they had one ready.

Thanks for the thread!! We are also moving from Universal but on June 1. Mary answered my question. I was wondering about a check-in at CSR about 7:00 am.. After check-in,we want to go straight to MGM. Will they hold our suitcases even if a room is available? Do you think that a bell boy or valet can take our bags to our rooms for us if we ask( tip included,of course)? Thank-you.

I've always checked in very early in the morning. Like 7am or prior.

Typically I fly down late in the evening, the night before. Stay at a cheap Priceline hotel and check in for a full day at the parks on my first day.

In all the times I have come to WDW, only once has my room not been ready, even at that hour.

Next month we start our trip at BCV. Then we will move to POR for our last few days. The day that we move, I will try to get to POR by 9ish, get checked in and head off to the parks. I like to check-in as early as possible. I know that a lot of times I won't get into my room but that's okay.

jpeltier said:
Thanks for the thread!! We are also moving from Universal but on June 1. Mary answered my question. I was wondering about a check-in at CSR about 7:00 am.. After check-in,we want to go straight to MGM. Will they hold our suitcases even if a room is available? Do you think that a bell boy or valet can take our bags to our rooms for us if we ask( tip included,of course)? Thank-you.

They will be glad to hold your luggage for you. You are given a claim check with the number of pieces written on it. I have not stayed at CSR, but at other places, I have called the valet stand when we get back to the room and they deliver the luggage. I have heard people mention their luggage already in the room, so they do it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter