Belmont Park Unsafe?

MOM TO 4

Earning My Ears
Is Belmont park unsafe? I was planning on going there one night this summer. I just saw that there were a couple of shootings. Is this a normal occurrence? Does it happen during the day or is more of nighttime thing? I'm definitely thinking about not going now. How about mission beach being safe or not?

Definitely a bit more sketchy in the last few years. It’s still SD level of sketchy, nothing like some parts of LA but I wouldn’t recommend going after dark.

That area has always (since the 80s) had some issues, especially with gang violence. It improved a bit with a police substation and then when that closed things went downhill again.

Mission Beach as whole, tougher to say.

Do you think it is safe to go on the rides during the day?
I think it’s OKAY, but everyone’s level of comfort is different. It’s not like Disneyland or Knotts in terms of safety. During the day the worst you’ll probably see is a fight and homeless. Like don’t let your kids wonder off but if you mind your own should be okay. Just recommend leaving well before the evening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter