Behind the Attraction, new series on D+

We watched all of them and enjoyed putting names with faces of people I had read about. I knew quite a bit of the info already, though.
We just started watching The Movies That Made Us on Netflix (which came out before Behind the Attraction I believe) and all of us said the tone of the narrator’s script sounds the same on both shows. Not my favorite style, for sure.
I was just about to post this, but with the correct series. Disney ripped off the format of "The Toys That Made Us". Only far more annoying. Just turned off the Star Tours episode half way through and won't be returning to the series. Sorry, Disney, but you blew this one.

I was just about to post this, but with the correct series. Disney ripped off the format of "The Toys That Made Us". Only far more annoying. Just turned off the Star Tours episode half way through and won't be returning to the series. Sorry, Disney, but you blew this one.
The Movies that Made Us is a different series than the toys one. We haven’t watched The Toys that Made Us because none of them were a big part of our lives. Glad to know it’s the same tone; I think I’ll skip it.

The Movies that Made Us is a different series than the toys one. We haven’t watched The Toys that Made Us because none of them were a big part of our lives. Glad to know it’s the same tone; I think I’ll skip it.
I've watched them both. Same producers, no?

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed it (and in particular, Paget Brewster - the narrator. I love, love, love everything she does). I didn't learn a ton as I felt like I knew a lot of it - though I did like how they would give info about non-WDW parks for comparison. I definitely liked The Imagineering Story more (production-wise, info, etc) and they have some similarities but you can tell immediately they're very different (the animation, pacing, everything).

Because my trip had been pushed back I have been watching this to get a bit of a fix. I can understand why the tone can be a bit grating to some but I didn't mind it. I did prefer the imagineering story, but my mum who is new to the whole theme park scene found the informal tone entertaining.

Because my trip had been pushed back I have been watching this to get a bit of a fix. I can understand why the tone can be a bit grating to some but I didn't mind it. I did prefer the imagineering story, but my mum who is new to the whole theme park scene found the informal tone entertaining.
Neither really hit what I was wanting - which was a way to introduce these things to the kids. I sadly miss the old planning DVDs!

I enjoyed it a lot but do agree that it could have gone more in depth. Think the big thing for enthusiasts is that so much of the information ahs already been released about the history that it wasn't brand new to us so can be more underwhelming. But for what the program is I thought it was a good show.

I enjoyed it a lot but do agree that it could have gone more in depth. Think the big thing for enthusiasts is that so much of the information ahs already been released about the history that it wasn't brand new to us so can be more underwhelming. But for what the program is I thought it was a good show.

That's something that I feel sometimes about shows like this. All of my friends were so excited for "The Toys That Made Us" and I'm a big GI Joe fan, so they were like, "You have to watch it." I'm thinking, "Watch it? I could have written it!" We tried to watch some video game one and I was jumping the gun with information before they presented it. That's what being a nerd'll get ya! I do want to hear more about the things I don't know, the personal stories, you know? Otherwise, I've already read about it. A lot.

For what it's worth, I really enjoyed it (and in particular, Paget Brewster - the narrator. I love, love, love everything she does). I didn't learn a ton as I felt like I knew a lot of it - though I did like how they would give info about non-WDW parks for comparison. I definitely liked The Imagineering Story more (production-wise, info, etc) and they have some similarities but you can tell immediately they're very different (the animation, pacing, everything).

I vaguely remember when she was doing a local talk show in the San Francisco Bay Area. I think I heard about it when showed up on a local morning radio program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter