Behind the Attraction, new series on D+

boop0524

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else watched the new series Behind the Attraction on Disney+? I loved The Imagineering Story and was so looking forward to this, but it just really fell flat for me. It was way too cheeky for my taste, like I was watching a kids program almost.

Also found the info not very exciting or fresh and new. Plus, having recently listened to the ToT backstory on the Disney Dish, thought it was interesting to see the D+ retelling…

So am I just a grump? Too high expectations maybe?? Curious to hear other opinions

I have watched the first four episodes and wished they had more behind the scenes information. There seems to be a lot of filler with the backstories. I will finish the series though because there is a few tidbits in each episode that are new and it is nice to see what some of the Disneyland attractions looked like in the earlier days (still remember most of the WDW rides). One complaint is some of the information is outdated such as the pistols (used for timing) have not been used on Jungle Cruise for some time.

I have watched the first four episodes and wished they had more behind the scenes information. There seems to be a lot of filler with the backstories. I will finish the series though because there is a few tidbits in each episode that are new and it is nice to see what some of the Disneyland attractions looked like in the earlier days (still remember most of the WDW rides). One complaint is some of the information is outdated such as the pistols (used for timing) have not been used on Jungle Cruise for some time.

yeah I was surprised to see the pistols part too, even after they said the ride was being updated as it was culturally insensitive

The Jungle Cruise episode felt unfinished — especially in the first half, there were many times the visuals and audio were not matching. The backstory information from early planning at Disneyland was interesting, though. I thought the Haunted Mansion and Star Tours episodes were better. I haven’t watched the rest yet.

I watched the first 3 episodes, and it is ok, but as mentioned I have not found it exciting or fresh. I thought it was going to be more in depth, which I know is hard with how much info has already been put out on these rides. In particular, the Haunted Mansion episode was really disappointing, as unless I just wasn't paying attention, I don't think they mentioned X Atencio once, which is a pretty big thing to leave out.

I watched the first 3 episodes, and it is ok, but as mentioned I have not found it exciting or fresh. I thought it was going to be more in depth, which I know is hard with how much info has already been put out on these rides. In particular, the Haunted Mansion episode was really disappointing, as unless I just wasn't paying attention, I don't think they mentioned X Atencio once, which is a pretty big thing to leave out.

Aw that stinks. Such a missed opportunity there. HM has so many fans, too. I admit I haven’t watched that one yet, just can’t bring myself to finish the series. I’ll try but I think it’s gonna be painful :confused3

I have been on the Marceline Tour at WDW that focused the Haunted Mansion (got to go down under the ride while it was operating) and the Tower of Tower (backstage to the maintenance area to see the vehicles) was in the Backstage Magic Tour. Keys to the Kingdom tour had Haunted Mansion and Jungle Cruise (went on both with guide that talked through the ride with information). I was expecting more of the program to be more inline with that kind of format. Maybe having done the tours spoiled me. There are a whole lot more interesting bits of information that could have been used.

I haven't watched this yet, but you guys are kind of making me think I don't need to.

I am surprised to hear that others feel the same way as me about the behind the scenes shows. I was not impressed at all. It seemed like old stories without much up to date actual behind the scenes info. I watched the first 2 and don't care to watch the others. So disappointed as I was really looking forward to the series. Not worth it in my opinion.

I got the impression each episode was how a ride came about. What the thinking was.
I do remember DL Star Tours 's line was huge when it opened! Didn't know the park stayed open 24 hours for that ride.

How Space Mtn. was one of its kind, at the time. "Who can forget the Hall of Chemistry. Or Bathroom of the Future" in Tomorrowland.

I love stuff like this!

Has anyone else watched the new series Behind the Attraction on Disney+? I loved The Imagineering Story and was so looking forward to this, but it just really fell flat for me. It was way too cheeky for my taste, like I was watching a kids program almost.

Also found the info not very exciting or fresh and new. Plus, having recently listened to the ToT backstory on the Disney Dish, thought it was interesting to see the D+ retelling…

So am I just a grump? Too high expectations maybe?? Curious to hear other opinions
I disagree. I watched two shows and I think the series is great. I enjoy the back story to the attraction and the personal stories from the people that worked on the attractions. Perfect pace and subject for a week night after dinner.

I've only watched part of the first episode. Nothing against the actress, but I really, really dislike the narration style. As another poster said, it's way too cheesy IMO.

I've only watched part of the first episode. Nothing against the actress, but I really, really dislike the narration style. As another poster said, it's way too cheesy IMO.

Totally agree, it’s pretty hard to get used to. In fact, I don’t think I ever did, lol

I am surprised to hear that others feel the same way as me about the behind the scenes shows. I was not impressed at all. It seemed like old stories without much up to date actual behind the scenes info. I watched the first 2 and don't care to watch the others. So disappointed as I was really looking forward to the series. Not worth it in my opinion.

it could’ve been so cool, too! I feel like people really want this type of content

We watched all of them and enjoyed putting names with faces of people I had read about. I knew quite a bit of the info already, though.
We just started watching The Movies That Made Us on Netflix (which came out before Behind the Attraction I believe) and all of us said the tone of the narrator’s script sounds the same on both shows. Not my favorite style, for sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter