Beginning January 26, a negative Covid-19 test will be required to enter the United States.

Its only a requirement for air travel. Given the CDC has yet to approve of any sailings from US ports, its hard to know what they will require.

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is expanding the requirement for a negative COVID-19 test to all air passengers entering the United States "

The most interesting thing to me is that they are announcing now but it goes into effect after the inauguration. That’s pretty big signaling that the CDC is going to be stronger and allowed to put in place strict measures and are making it tougher to leave the country not easier. Knowing how they felt about cruises already, I would take this as a sign that it will be much harder for cruise lines to get approval to start operations in the near term.
It’s hard to imagine they won’t let US citizens fly home while positive but would be okay with cruise ships disembarking unknown status passengers.

The FCDO states that 'You can only fly to the abroad for a legally permitted reason, i.e.work. You must not travel abroad unless it is permitted. This means you must not go on holiday.'

I would expect that you will be tested onboard, and cruise lines will be expected to be able to process these test results on board.

Of course, if you test positive, the cruise lines and the CDC will have to figure something out, because it's unlikely that you'll be told to remain on board. (I assume there will be some sort of cruise line sponsored quarantine location near port, with evacuation procedures in place to ensure everyone else's safety.) Airlines will likely require this test before you check in.

Beginning January 26, a negative Covid-19 test will be required to enter the United States. This does include citizens that have left the country for vacation.

I wonder how this will effect cruises have ports out of the US.

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/...pcAoGg3rUB95fmWnOryiocT3BBhBQ1GeknvAbghZFKRRc

Sorry if this has already been posted and I missed it.
Didn't know this. Lol....what's next. Travel from a different state and have to go thru a border checkpoint and check for covid...

I would expect that you will be tested onboard, and cruise lines will be expected to be able to process these test results on board.

Of course, if you test positive, the cruise lines and the CDC will have to figure something out, because it's unlikely that you'll be told to remain on board. (I assume there will be some sort of cruise line sponsored quarantine location near port, with evacuation procedures in place to ensure everyone else's safety.) Airlines will likely require this test before you check in.

The problem for this year is that by the fall most adults will have had the vaccine, but kids under the age of 18 won't have it. What if the adults are fine, but the kids test positive? This is the likely future until a vaccine is approved for kids.

Is there a breath or saliva test yet? You would think with the M-word mandates the virus would appear in saliva or in the breath and would be easy to find.

The problem for this year is that by the fall most adults will have had the vaccine, but kids under the age of 18 won't have it. What if the adults are fine, but the kids test positive? This is the likely future until a vaccine is approved for kids.

12 and over should be coming soon. They began Phase 3 trials for 12+ for Pfizer in December. It was about 3 months for Phase 3 previously so we can expect that at least 12-16 can get vaccinated starting in around March. I doubt that most "normal" people will get vaccine before then anyway. Then I imagine they will start the next age bracket down, anticipate another 3 months and so forth. The world will likely not even be close to normal enough for cruising for months and months (in my mind) anyway.

12 and over should be coming soon. They began Phase 3 trials for 12+ for Pfizer in December. It was about 3 months for Phase 3 previously so we can expect that at least 12-16 can get vaccinated starting in around March. I doubt that most "normal" people will get vaccine before then anyway. Then I imagine they will start the next age bracket down, anticipate another 3 months and so forth. The world will likely not even be close to normal enough for cruising for months and months (in my mind) anyway.
Our newspaper this morning had a piece about the pediatric trials - they are having trouble finding enough volunteers. Could make the timeline longer if they can't get enough data.

Our newspaper this morning had a piece about the pediatric trials - they are having trouble finding enough volunteers. Could make the timeline longer if they can't get enough data.
It's interesting, I read that too for Moderna. However, I know here in Austin where they are doing the Pfizer trails that they had so many they have a waiting list. My friend tried to sign up her son and they were full.

Everything is still pretty unreliable as everything is still new with the vaccine. Right now the CDC site is showing the Phizer vaccine is only good for 2-3 months. What do they want, people to get the series of shots 4xs a year? This was info from my work and the hospital that oversees my job.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter