Beer Mug Info?

The selection is probably the main drawback. In the pubs you get the best selection. Other bars you may be limited to a couple of choices, one always being Bud Light. The Wonder has an excellent selection now. You can take the mug and get it filled anywhere you want. Also, the servers might even go to another bar if you know there is a preferred beer. I do this during shows. Just remember them when signing for additional tip.

The comment about one of them always being Bud Light is no longer true, at least on Fantasy. Just got off the 3 day double dip coming out of dry dock, I was shocked to discover that Bud Light, the #1 selling beer brand in America, is only on tap at 2 bars. One is Waves deck 12 aft, the other is O'Gills. Yesterday afternoon at 4 o'clock, it wasn't possible to get a mug refill with Bud Light as Waves was closed for some reason and O'Gills hadn't opened yet.

Seems like Disney is pushing beer drinkers to the craft beers, I'm sure the margins are better for Disney on those products. The thing that baffles me is the waste of time they create by making their servers search all over the ship for the beer you want. The server yesterday spent a half hour looking for Bud Light only to come back empty handed, no sale and no tip. A true head scratcher.

We did the mug (my brother-in-law and I), we thought it was great. We'd more than broken even by end of our 2nd day on the 7 day cruise.
We're beer drinkers though.

Last edited:
Is there anywhere that drinks are prohibited? can you bring a beer to the shows?

I always take a beer to muster.

16186124620_1e9dfa649e_b.jpg

Could these be used in the MDRs?

That would be a real pain in the butt for your servers, as I'm not aware of any taps available in the MDRs. I've never seen draft beer served in the MDR. They'd have to go to a bar somewhere else on the boat, which would be at least out in the atrium and more likely one or two floors up depending on which restaurant you're in.

We never tried at dinner as we had a wine package, but we actually bought ours at the embarkation lunch in Enchanted Garden (it was even being advertised there). I imagine that yes, there is a limited selection of beer available (maybe 1-2 on tap) at each restaurant.

Yes. Just give your beer mug token to your assistant server and he/she will make a mug of draft been appear. Choices may vary between dining rooms since the alcoholic beverage service comes from different locations around the ship.

We never tried at dinner as we had a wine package, but we actually bought ours at the embarkation lunch in Enchanted Garden (it was even being advertised there). I imagine that yes, there is a limited selection of beer available (maybe 1-2 on tap) at each restaurant.

Yes. Just give your beer mug token to your assistant server and he/she will make a mug of draft been appear. Choices may vary between dining rooms since the alcoholic beverage service comes from different locations around the ship.

Thank you folks :) My parents are German and enjoy a glass of beer with dinner, so it would make sense for them to get the token in that case.

I would also think you can stop by a bar on your way to the dining room and just carry your drink in with you to the table.

Thank you folks :) My parents are German and enjoy a glass of beer with dinner, so it would make sense for them to get the token in that case.

The mug makes more sense when you're having a few beers not just one with dinner. If they're just having a drink with the meal, I wouldn't bother with the mug, just order a beer as you would at any restaurant.

The mug makes more sense when you're having a few beers not just one with dinner. If they're just having a drink with the meal, I wouldn't bother with the mug, just order a beer as you would at any restaurant.
The only reason I ask is because we are going on the Transatlantic. That's 11 nights of beer with dinner :)

The only reason I ask is because we are going on the Transatlantic. That's 11 nights of beer with dinner :)
The TA cruises are great. We've done the WBTA twice. Days at sea are our favorite part of the cruise experience. Take the beer token to O'Gills to enjoy a fresh draft while playing trivia.

I would also think you can stop by a bar on your way to the dining room and just carry your drink in with you to the table.

Yep. I had a friendly Bon Voyage bartender that would always me to stop there on the way to dinner and provide a full mug to take into the MDR

how much is the refill?
Was on the Disney Wonder Baja cruise this month and refills for Bud Light and Stella were $6.33 with their automatic gratuity. And yes the token exchange for the mug when not in use is awesome, no need to carry around. Also, you can drink and refill pretty much everywhere, restaurants, poolside, shows n even at the family friendly lounges. Enjoy!

I waited until after muster to have the first one because I thought I might have to be prepared to don life vests and the like. Now I know that one of those may help get through the worst part of the cruise.

I was drinking a beer *while* donning a life vest during our Princess cruise muster last year. I've never claimed to be unable to multitask. :D

Reactions: JWG
Even if you only plan to drink a few beers, it isn't necessarily a bad deal. You still get the mug, which isn't a bad souvenir. If you plan to cruise again, you can bring it back or trade it for a token to use on a future trip. I've had mine for about 5 cruises now. It doesn't take long to break even. The mug isn't a standard drink package, but it is a nice deal if you like draft beer. Plus, if you bring your own beer, you can pour it into a mug and carry that anywhere on the ship.

How does this work if you want a bottled beer? Does it only work with draft?

Mug refill discount works only with draft beer. If you want bottled beer, they do have a discount for that: buy 5 at a time, and get the 6th one free. That offer is available at any bar that has bottled beer, and with any beer brand. Don't want to drink 6 beers at a time? Here's something I do: if there are two of us, then most bartenders will let you buy 5 / get 6 and give you only 2. Then when you're ready for the next round, you get the next two, and so on. If you don't finish, or are by yourself, then when you're done, just take whatever you didn't drink back to your room unopened and put it in the refrigerator.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter