Bedroom wall color ideas

smilie

I've been unwonked!
I think I'm finally ready to paint my bedroom walls. They have been white since I moved in 6 years ago and it's getting old.
I'm just having trouble finding a color that I can commit to. Our furniture is oak... I am not planning on switching that in the near future. I don't like it, but my DH hates painted wood. So it is what it is.

I don't want gray. I don't think that would match the furniture wood color. But something light with a touch of color-maybe a hint of blue/gray??

Any ideas or pics of yours?

Sherwin Williams Sea Salt, Sherwin Williams Stardew, Behr Contemplation, Benjamin Moore Woodlawn Blue could be good choices to go with oak.

Is it a golden oak? I have a lot of golden oak furniture. I actually love golden oak. And I think gray is so boooring. I think oak is lovely with baby blues or sage greens.

Not my house, but some inspiration.

Green is so soothing:
green-bedroom.png

Oak might be stained in any number of colors or left natural so not exactly sure what color furniture you have. Do you have windows with blinds/curtains and what color are they? What color is floor/carpet since I doubt you plan to change those as well. What colors are the bedspread/quilt and are you trying to match those?

I went for bold, too. I did it as an accent wall because I wasn't sure if it would be too much, but now I want to do the rest of the room because the gray is so bland. (Sherwin Williams' Lagoon)

View attachment 736514

I just did a similar sort of color in my bathroom. I changed the wainscoting from white to Sherwin Williams' Manitou Blue and did the upper walls in Sherwin Williams' Marshmallow which is a cream sort of color. Bolded it up with a multi-color runner rug and 2 ribbed glass amber-colored pendant lights, and painted 2 square watercolors to hang on the end wall. It previously had light aqua walls and white wainscoting but I think the bold blue makes it look really cool. I still have to finish touching up the trim but happy going bold.

I went for bold, too. I did it as an accent wall because I wasn't sure if it would be too much, but now I want to do the rest of the room because the gray is so bland. (Sherwin Williams' Lagoon)

View attachment 736514
I went for the whole thing, lol.
I love this color scheme for a hotel room, or a living room. For a bedroom at home I think the loud color would be too much, as it's not relaxing.
It’s relaxing to me because I like it so much. The eggshell was making me crazy, lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter