Becoming Obsessive...

thanks, ash! i STILL haven't gotten an email yet, so i'll just bide my time for now. no email= no bad news yet, ya know? hang in there! :hug:

and PHEW! i thought they might fit me for face, see it not work, then go LOL BYE and stick me back in my old role. yippee! i'm so confused by the height thing, though, oh well...

I was wondering if anyone knew the best attractions positions for getting a lot of hours. I really would like to be working at least 40 hours even though they only guarantee 30 for CPs. If anyone could let me know I'd appreciate it!!!

Hours will depend on park operation hours. The park with the least amount of hours is DAK, MK will have the most. But the number of hours you will get depends on how well staffed the area is, which would be next to impossible to figure out unless you contact someone from each attraction.

heard back today!!!! I got character performer- PFLA?

I just wanted to correct something: P (Performer) FLA (Florida). It has nothing to do with face.

Some people on my program had that pop up on their role, some were tried in face and some weren't. It really doesn't mean anything, except that you are a character performer.

Thanks for that clarification! Also, I figured as much about being on an attraction in MK. I also thought that probably the rides that are offered during extra magic hours would have more hours available (since that would make sense). Also I wanted to thank you Brenna for keeping up with all of your postings with your CP PI and other experiences. It is EXTREMELY helpful to the rest of us who don't know what is going on :)

I just wanted to correct something: P (Performer) FLA (Florida). It has nothing to do with face.

Some people on my program had that pop up on their role, some were tried in face and some weren't. It really doesn't mean anything, except that you are a character performer.

im sorry...I read that PFLA meant potential face somewhere so I assumed it was true! I didnt mean to relay false information...Sorry again! haha:worship:

Hmm...that's so confusing. I did some googling and most people said it stood for potential face look-alike. Not that I'm trying to contradict you at all, but it seems strange that some people have "Character Performer-Mouse/Munk/Goofy" while me and a few girls who were pulled for face get PFLA? Just my measly .02/shoddy research methods ;)

Since I am pretty much positive that I am in the reject pile, I was hoping for some adivce. I will be taking a full course load at my school because they don't give credit for the CP at URI. Anyway, I have to pay for tuition amongst other bills so I was wondering if anyone knew the best attractions positions for getting a lot of hours. I really would like to be working at least 40 hours even though they only guarantee 30 for CPs. If anyone could let me know I'd appreciate it!!!

It really depends on our labour needs, and can vary wildly amongst work areas, even within the same Property (Park/Resort)

Case in point, it's Thanksgiving week, and I have Full Timers in my area with 15+ years of Seniority pulling 33-34 hours this week (Full Time Cast Members here in Florida are guranteed 32, and after that many years of service, you come to expect 40+ even in the dead of the off season). Many of our CPs are being deployed to other areas property-wide in order to make their 30 hours.

At the same time, my good friend's work area, also at DHS, is on mandatory 6th day, voluntary 7th, 45+ hours for all FT and CP Cast Members.

It's really a shot in the dark, honestly.

Also I wanted to thank you Brenna for keeping up with all of your postings with your CP PI and other experiences. It is EXTREMELY helpful to the rest of us who don't know what is going on :)

No problem - I can't believe people are still reading it! :rotfl:

im sorry...I read that PFLA meant potential face somewhere so I assumed it was true! I didnt mean to relay false information...Sorry again! haha:worship:

Haha - don't worry about it, I believed millions of wrong things before I got here. It's like grasping at information without any real reliable source.

Hmm...that's so confusing. I did some googling and most people said it stood for potential face look-alike. Not that I'm trying to contradict you at all, but it seems strange that some people have "Character Performer-Mouse/Munk/Goofy" while me and a few girls who were pulled for face get PFLA? Just my measly .02/shoddy research methods ;)

I went through the exact same thing when I got my acceptance. There was a whole thread in my FB group dedicated to figuring out why some had a character name and others didn't.

We thought face too because it made the most sense. But my good friend who hung out with two lovely girls during her program had it say Munk on her acceptance (she was tried and approved in face during her audition). And another girl that it said it for arrived and was never asked to try for face.

Then we started to think it had something to do with movers and people who might get trained in parades. This was never confirmed or denied since once we arrived no one cared anymore.

So I still do not know exactly what it means. I did a Google search as well, and it looks like face is what a lot of people think. But based on my two examples above I wouldn't count on it or rule it out. Maybe they were just experimenting with the code during my program and it's more exact now?:confused3

I went through the exact same thing when I got my acceptance. There was a whole thread in my FB group dedicated to figuring out why some had a character name and others didn't.

We thought face too because it made the most sense. But my good friend who hung out with two lovely girls during her program had it say Munk on her acceptance (she was tried and approved in face during her audition). And another girl that it said it for arrived and was never asked to try for face.

Then we started to think it had something to do with movers and people who might get trained in parades. This was never confirmed or denied since once we arrived no one cared anymore.

So I still do not know exactly what it means. I did a Google search as well, and it looks like face is what a lot of people think. But based on my two examples above I wouldn't count on it or rule it out. Maybe they were just experimenting with the code during my program and it's more exact now?:confused3

Man, this is all so confusing! Maybe they figured it out better now- I'm tempted to call but at the same time am a little hesitant to do so. Perhaps when I get down there I can work on some sort of thing that would clarify this for all accepted students...this is super confusing!

I still am pinching myself, and what you said makes sense with the parade thing as well. My issue is height, since I am just out of range to be friends with the shorter face girl and a little bit too short to be friends with princesses. :sad2: Guess I'll find out in 40-some odd days...?

Thanks again for all your help, Brenna- I definitely pored over your blog and character website and all your advice is spot-on! I'm hoping to have a Disney Career too so hope to follow in your footsteps someday!

It really depends on our labour needs, and can vary wildly amongst work areas, even within the same Property (Park/Resort)

Case in point, it's Thanksgiving week, and I have Full Timers in my area with 15+ years of Seniority pulling 33-34 hours this week (Full Time Cast Members here in Florida are guranteed 32, and after that many years of service, you come to expect 40+ even in the dead of the off season). Many of our CPs are being deployed to other areas property-wide in order to make their 30 hours.

At the same time, my good friend's work area, also at DHS, is on mandatory 6th day, voluntary 7th, 45+ hours for all FT and CP Cast Members.

It's really a shot in the dark, honestly.

Thanks for trying to help me out!! I guess I will just leave it to the luck of the draw?

Man, this is all so confusing! Maybe they figured it out better now- I'm tempted to call but at the same time am a little hesitant to do so. Perhaps when I get down there I can work on some sort of thing that would clarify this for all accepted students...this is super confusing!

I still am pinching myself, and what you said makes sense with the parade thing as well. My issue is height, since I am just out of range to be friends with the shorter face girl and a little bit too short to be friends with princesses. :sad2: Guess I'll find out in 40-some odd days...?

Thanks again for all your help, Brenna- I definitely pored over your blog and character website and all your advice is spot-on! I'm hoping to have a Disney Career too so hope to follow in your footsteps someday!

I know the faries are newer characters and I havent seen an offical height listed for them but they seem like they would fall into your height range...taller than alice/wendy and shorter than the princesses. Just a speculation

Got this email today:

"Thank you for your recent communication, and for your interest in the Disney College Program.

We are so pleased that there has been tremendous interest in our programs, and apologize that this has created a delay in your receiving information on your audition results.

At this time, our records show that we are still processing your application for the spring program.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the delay!

Thank you and have a magical day!

Disney College Recruiting"

Got this email today:

"Thank you for your recent communication, and for your interest in the Disney College Program.

We are so pleased that there has been tremendous interest in our programs, and apologize that this has created a delay in your receiving information on your audition results.

At this time, our records show that we are still processing your application for the spring program.

Thank you for your patience, and we apologize for the delay!

Thank you and have a magical day!

Disney College Recruiting"

:flower3:hang in there!

Hey guys! Just a heads up- I talked to a WDWCPer who's down there now on her Fall Advantage program, and was Character Performer-PFLA. She's currently working face down there and told me that everyone that was marked PFLA this past semester WAS INDEED fitted for face. She told me that otherwise, if we were not being considered for face, that we would just have the height range (mouse, munk, etc) next to our names instead.

Hope this helps!

Well my role hasn't changed on the website and no email... :sad2:
I wasn't counting on getting anything but I had hoped that there was a teeny chance I might...

*Checks email*
:surfweb: ...Still nothing... :surfweb:

Dear Friends who have been following my audition process from Day 1...thank you. Your love and support have meant the world to me. I did not make it, so today is a sad day. However, I will never give up on my dreams. Come audition time in Orlando...I will be there.

So sorry to hear that Rachael and Ash! Trying to spread some joy...remember you're still gonna work for MICKEY! :wizard: :banana: and maybe try again next time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter