Beach vacation~Destin/Gulf Shores?

My parents live just down the road from Captain Dave's in Miramar Beach. As for the crowds...the last two years we went down it has decreased dramatically. We are going down this year and with the economy stabilizing or getting somewhat better, I'm expecting to see a slight increase on the beaches and around the area. The beaches are just incredible with the white sand and very clean water. If I had to make one recommendation is the Crab Shack on Ole 98. The Crab Shack has great food, reasonably priced, great service and an awesome view of the ocean. If you're lucky you can see the dolphins jump out in the ocean.

We LOVE the Destin area! We usually go there every year with the exception of this year (since we are going to Disney instead)! :thumbsup2 We've stayed in Ft. Walton, Destin, Miramar Beach & Panama City Beach... all are wonderful! Destin is my favorite though! :love: We've stayed in Gulf Shores too of course and it's a good place but not on my favorites list.
Our favorite places to eat in Destin (we like the fun places) are: Fudpucker's, AJ's Seafood, Joe's Crab Shack... and for icecream, a place called Shake's! So good! :goodvibes
There is also a family fun place in a shopping mall down there...Can't remember the name of it, sorry!! But it had a bowling alley, arcade and skating rink all in one place and the kids love it! Great place to hang out at night or if it's raining ;)

It is about 7 hours(350 miles) if you do the speed limit. Pensacola is about another 1.5 hours from Destin.

It is about 7 hours(350 miles) if you do the speed limit. Pensacola is about another 1.5 hours from Destin.

I would like to visit Pensacola Beach again but as I'm the only driver it's a bit to much. Maybe look into starting or ending our holiday there so not have to back track.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter